• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
1. I pride myself in knowing way too many coaches in the NFL, and I had no fucking clue who the hell Joe Judge was.
2. Who the hell thought a position coach from one of the worst units in football would get a HC gig?
3. In what I find most comical, he was apparently the leading candidate to be the HC at Mississippi State. So somehow, this guy is so polarizing that he has a bottom-tier SEC team wanting him, as well as the New York Giants.

Simply amazing.

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
So I just got the call that my buddy in BMore found us lower bowl AFCCG tix for $400 per. I lost my shit and then he called me 2 minutes later to ask if I had booked my flight because he screwed up and the tix were for this Saturday. Mother Trucker...…. The search continues......

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I have a rule of thumb... never, EVER, buy tickets to important games. But that’s just me. I’m not exactly rolling in cash lol

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
I have a rule of thumb... never, EVER, buy tickets to important games. But that’s just me. I’m not exactly rolling in cash lol
NEVER:
Buy playoff tickets for games that aren’t yet scheduled

Get a tattoo that says “Super Bowl XX champions!” In September

Start a land war in Asia

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
NEVER:
Buy playoff tickets for games that aren’t yet scheduled

Get a tattoo that says “Super Bowl XX champions!” In September

Start a land war in Asia
oh hell, I've purchased tickets on cruises where the ship wasn't built yet!

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Wait, are tickets on sale already for the AFCCG?
You can buy on secondary market. If the game doesn't take place, they refund you (at least on most Secondary sites). Basically paying for a contingent event.

Stubhub has plenty of seats for sale for the AFCG. $355 + fees for the cheapest seat in the house (Upper deck end zone).

Midfield upper deck roughly $500 + fees, field level midfield will run you a grand +

To be completely honest, while the prices are high, I actually thought it would be more. Back around the last SB era (08-13 timeframe), when I had season tickets, I could sell tickets in upper midfield for like $250-300 a seat to any Steeler game or really any primetime home game against a decent opponent. The fact that I can get AFC title game tickets for roughly double or less than that is actually somewhat "reasonable" in my eyes.

Different of course is that two years ago those seats were barely worth face value, but I think everybody knows its going to get expensive to go nowadays with how this team is playing.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Wait, are tickets on sale already for the AFCCG?
What IS outrageous, however, is the cost of parking passes.

$80 to park at the Horseshoe (and trying to avoid getting stabbed on your way back to your car)
$400 to park in Lots A or B
$200 to park in basically any other lot they have.

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
What IS outrageous, however, is the cost of parking passes.

$80 to park at the Horseshoe (and trying to avoid getting stabbed on your way back to your car)
$400 to park in Lots A or B
$200 to park in basically any other lot they have.

holy shit. That MARC train is gonna be insane after the "potential" game.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
You can buy on secondary market. If the game doesn't take place, they refund you (at least on most Secondary sites). Basically paying for a contingent event.

Stubhub has plenty of seats for sale for the AFCG. $355 + fees for the cheapest seat in the house (Upper deck end zone).

Midfield upper deck roughly $500 + fees, field level midfield will run you a grand +

To be completely honest, while the prices are high, I actually thought it would be more. Back around the last SB era (08-13 timeframe), when I had season tickets, I could sell tickets in upper midfield for like $250-300 a seat to any Steeler game or really any primetime home game against a decent opponent. The fact that I can get AFC title game tickets for roughly double or less than that is actually somewhat "reasonable" in my eyes.

Different of course is that two years ago those seats were barely worth face value, but I think everybody knows its going to get expensive to go nowadays with how this team is playing.

Any chance of getting cheaper tickets when they're officially on sale (meaning: when they're on sale through the Ravens and/or NFL website)? I'm just curious because I do wanna go, but I have a couple of friends who may not have the same budget as me.