• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
The Texans won’t beat the chiefs, nobody should have their hopes up for such a ridiculous thing lol. Chiefs will hang 50 on them, and sure the Texans could hang 30-40 on them, but it won’t be enough.

it’s been destiny since we took them to OT last year, fate would have it that despite us being the best team in the league, the chiefs are our big boogeyman and we’re gonna have to finally beat them to make it to the dance. There’s just no way the championship plays out differently than KC@Bal

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Texans won’t beat the chiefs, nobody should have their hopes up for such a ridiculous thing lol. Chiefs will hang 50 on them, and sure the Texans could hang 30-40 on them, but it won’t be enough.

it’s been destiny since we took them to OT last year, fate would have it that despite us being the best team in the league, the chiefs are our big boogeyman and we’re gonna have to finally beat them to make it to the dance. There’s just no way the championship plays out differently than KC@Bal
John hasn’t beat Reid ever too right? This should be fun if we make it.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer

To be honest, I think the Texans are the epitome of mediocre and this is not just based on their last game. I think KC humiliates them next week. Something like 45-13.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
After seeing the graphic last night, I'm convinced that Mike Vrabel is the anti-Jeff Fisher. Going 9-7 in 4 straight seasons? Come on bruh....

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Chris Jones was the one I was pounding the desk for

But we got the legends of Kaufusi and Correa

Jaylon Ferguson better be setting the edge..I worry about him in particular against two very good tackles that the titans possess.
yep, definitely wanted Chris Jones over any other.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Correa isn’t even a guy I liked back then at the pick. I was a bit surprised we took him and hopeful he’d pan out but he was a 5th round pick to me. Kaufusi I didn’t hate as much. He was OK and I thought he had potential but he was pretty bad in hindsight too. Just trying to be honest.

But man...Jones, Henry, Whitehair, Howard, Ngakoue, Byard, Thomas, Bell were guys I wanted. I thought highly of others too like a Spence, Alexander and others who didn’t pan out as much but they were better picks than ours in that round. We did terrible in the 2nd and 3rd. We hit some home runs with Judon and Stanley but damn we had some bad picks there.

I don’t think we have a shot at Jones or Henry either in FA btw. I doubt their respective teams let them go
yeah and I remember the discussion that went on discussing Correa and Kaufusi after the draft. I don't think we sign any high priced free agents this year if we plan on signing Judon. If we don't sign Judon than all bets are off and I'd agree that Henry and Jones will be resigned, but it will be difficult for the Titans because they have to resign both RT and DH and although they have a ton of cap space only one can be franchised.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
bitter rivalries outside the division over the years

60s - Green Bay vs. the AFL
70s - Raiders, Steelers
70s - Cowboys, Steelers
70s - Vikings, Cowboys
80s - Giants, Niners
80s - Browns, Broncos
90s - NFC East vs. the Bills
90s - Cowboys vs. Niners
00s - Pats, Colts
00s - Ravens, Titans
10s - Seahawks, Packers

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
wouldnt the ravens titans technically have been in the division at that point?
in 2002 they weren't within the division, but the Rivalry was still in place.

I know I'm forgetting some rivalries, but will add to the thread when I remember them.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
in 2002 they weren't within the division, but the Rivalry was still in place.

I know I'm forgetting some rivalries, but will add to the thread when I remember them.
just remembered the Broncos Browns from the mid to late 80s. Played 3 times in the playoffs and was super intense

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
yeah and I remember the discussion that went on discussing Correa and Kaufusi after the draft. I don't think we sign any high priced free agents this year if we plan on signing Judon. If we don't sign Judon than all bets are off and I'd agree that Henry and Jones will be resigned, but it will be difficult for the Titans because they have to resign both RT and DH and although they have a ton of cap space only one can be franchised.
Has Correa done much or have a big involvement with them [TEN]? Asking for a friend.

Yeah, that’s true regarding RT and Henry but to me you have to re-sign Henry if you’re TEN. There’s no way you let him go but if you do, what do we do? Do we bring him here? I can’t imagine this offense with Roman as OC and Lamar at QB with Henry, Ingram, and Edwards. What an absolutely devastating offense that would be!!!

Ravens have 21 free agents heading into the offseason. The list is in this article.

https://ravenswire.usatoday.com/202...-judon-jimmy-smith-michael-pierce-matt-skura/
I’d like to bring back Ward, McPhee, Judon, Smith, Roberts, & Bynes from that group. I’d also like to bring back Chris Moore as well. Outside of those guys, Peko and Ellis are cool but minor guys—would be good to keep if we keep Wink and lose Pierce.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Has Correa done much or have a big involvement with them [TEN]? Asking for a friend.

Yeah, that’s true regarding RT and Henry but to me you have to re-sign Henry if you’re TEN. There’s no way you let him go but if you do, what do we do? Do we bring him here? I can’t imagine this offense with Roman as OC and Lamar at QB with Henry, Ingram, and Edwards. What an absolutely devastating offense that would be!!!

I’d like to bring back Ward, McPhee, Judon, Smith, Roberts, & Bynes from that group. I’d also like to bring back Chris Moore as well. Outside of those guys, Peko and Ellis are cool but minor guys—would be good to keep if we keep Wink and lose Pierce.

With the amount of usage Henry has been given from college until now, you can't overspend on him. He's terrific for sure and I think they should sign him, but don't overdue it. I'd like to keep all those guys you mentioned as well and also believe we lose Pierce.

Wink has been a master of rotating the DL and keeping them fresh.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
This was taken of of RSR, but I thought it was interesting

Greatest NFL Teams Since 1920 (ELO ratings)

First off, I will save some of you the time of posting this...none of this matters if they don't win the Super Bowl.

For those that are interested in where the Ravens currently are on a historic level, ELO is a rating system based mainly on the scores of each game and the strength of the opponent in that game. It's the rating system used in international chess and a bunch of other things. The reason it's so great for football is that we have the scores over the entire 100 year history of the NFL, so we actually can compare teams throughout the entire history, unlike some other methods that try to rank teams historically.

The Ravens currently have a score of 1795. This is the third highest EVER through the regular season ('07 Pats had 1831 entering playoffs, '42 Bears had 1804 entering postseason). Both those teams lost their championship game, so Ravens could hold the highest ever regular season ELO for a champion if we win the next 3 games.

1795 is also the 7th highest ELO at any time (including postseason).

2007 NE 1849.5
2004 NE 1816.5
1942 CHI 1804.3
1968 BAL 1802.9
1983 WAS 1800.3
1985 CHI 1796.1

My main point is that it's hard to get historical perspective in the middle of something, but depending on how this playoff run goes, The Ravens are three wins away from being one of the all-time teams, up there with the '85 Bears and '68 Colts. They truly are special, so enjoy every minute of this ride.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Greatest NFL Teams Since 1920 (ELO ratings)
First off, I will save some of you the time of posting this...none of this matters if they don't win the Super Bowl.

For those that are interested in where the Ravens currently are on a historic level, ELO is a rating system based mainly on the scores of each game and the strength of the opponent in that game. It's the rating system used in international chess and a bunch of other things. The reason it's so great for football is that we have the scores over the entire 100 year history of the NFL, so we actually can compare teams throughout the entire history, unlike some other methods that try to rank teams historically.

The Ravens currently have a score of 1795. This is the third highest EVER through the regular season ('07 Pats had 1831 entering playoffs, '42 Bears had 1804 entering postseason). Both those teams lost their championship game, so Ravens could hold the highest ever regular season ELO for a champion if we win the next 3 games.

1795 is also the 7th highest ELO at any time (including postseason).

2007 NE 1849.5
2004 NE 1816.5
1942 CHI 1804.3
1968 BAL 1802.9
1983 WAS 1800.3
1985 CHI 1796.1

My main point is that it's hard to get historical perspective in the middle of something, but depending on how this playoff run goes, The Ravens are three wins away from being one of the all-time teams, up there with the '85 Bears and '68 Colts. They truly are special, so enjoy every minute of this ride.

what's this from?