• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i do think that given his willingness to lower his price, we're more likely to offer him a compromise deal where we might not have wanted to pay anyone else at the position but he'll be such a good deal that we'll do it - i also think there's some flexibility here because we can always offload brandon carr's option and cut TJ which would more than offset the cost of re-signing jimmy - i do wonder how long the deal would be though
I still think we need to take Carr's option.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Whats crazy to me is that if we win SB, this team is gonna go down as one of the best teams/seasons ever... yet, if we lose.. this team will likely be forgotten

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Whats crazy to me is that if we win SB, this team is gonna go down as one of the best teams/seasons ever... yet, if we lose.. this team will likely be forgotten
for the most part that is very true, but it won't do anything to our DVOA ratings.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Should I get rabies shots because of the ratt infestation or has the stadium been cleared of vermin
The best part about trash-talkers like you is you'll disappear after the Titans get whooped. Be a real man and come back and say you were wrong, if you're capable of doing that.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

thought this might be interesting - 7 or 8 years ago this might have been a pretty easy answer - now i think it might be a little more tricky lol

my first thought was sergio kindle but then i thought about matt elam and breshad perriman - but they both came from awful draft classes - you could maybe argue correa just because of who we missed out on in that 2nd round that year...

any thoughts?

Corvus Purpura

Practice Squad

thought this might be interesting - 7 or 8 years ago this might have been a pretty easy answer - now i think it might be a little more tricky lol

my first thought was sergio kindle but then i thought about matt elam and breshad perriman - but they both came from awful draft classes - you could maybe argue correa just because of who we missed out on in that 2nd round that year...

any thoughts?

I'd add Arthur Brown into the mix.
I can't be that down on the Kindle pick because the injury was after the draft.
I definitely agree about Correa. Drafting a WR (Perriman) that high when he was known for dropping the ball is inexcusable, but that Correa pick is just so devastating, considering that it seemed to be an astonishing reach and seeing how others available then turned out.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'd add Arthur Brown into the mix.
I can't be that down on the Kindle pick because the injury was after the draft.
I definitely agree about Correa. Drafting a WR (Perriman) that high when he was known for dropping the ball is inexcusable, but that Correa pick is just so devastating, considering that it seemed to be an astonishing reach and seeing how others available then turned out.

Elam?

Corvus Purpura

Practice Squad
eyJwaWQiOiJSTEpYMzdZOCIsImV2ZW50X25hbWUiOiJIT1UtMjAyMCIsImhhc2giOiJhODIyNTk3N2IzMmI3ZjRlODdhYTZhYTlmNDRlYWY3MDNlMTE4YjVlYTAxODEzZWM4MzE5YWQ1ZWM3NmUwMmRmIn0

I remember looking at a Steelers board after the Elam pick and they were angry/envious about the pick. I don't watch film (or even college football) so I don't have a perspective on why that miss was so bad, but we were pretty desperate for a safety at the time. It was also a later pick than Perriman, whom even I could point to as having an unacceptable characteristic in a receiver, so I'd tend to put Elam behind that.

But wow - Ozzie had a lot of spectacular early round misses late in his tenure. Can't complain at all about mid-late rounds, but early - wow. Too early to tell just how well EDC has done with drafting, but the remainder of the personnel changes (Ingram, Thomas, Peters and even the trade of Vedvik, who I think just signed with the Bills), has been nothing short of A+.