• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Regarding the "not playing our starters in week 17" topic, what if we did and a couple of more key players got seriously hurt by accident, freak play, whatever? Resting starters worked for the Eagles in 2017. In addition, we didn't rest our starters last season's week 17 and look what happened.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Regarding the "not playing our starters in week 17" topic, what if we did and a couple of more key players got seriously hurt by accident, freak play, whatever? Resting starters worked for the Eagles in 2017. In addition, we didn't rest our starters last season's week 17 and look what happened.

Any freak incident can happen. 2 weeks of not playing is not normal. Too much downtime and takes the edge off of competiveness and it showed.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
didnt affect the 49ers
agree and I don't think that had anything to do with it. It's not like we weren't practicing. Now Andrews was playing through a high ankle sprain as he mentioned, but that's not an excuse, just saying he was limited in practicing and same with Ingram. They could have been a bit rusty, but they wouldn't have played anyway, in week 17.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
id really like lamar to work with hurst extensivly in the off season

his hands are unbelievable. They need to get their timing on point so he's used as much as andrews is

Andrews gets open better and has a bigger catch radius

but hursts hands are rather special

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
id really like lamar to work with hurst extensivly in the off season

his hands are unbelievable. They need to get their timing on point so he's used as much as andrews is

Andrews gets open better and has a bigger catch radius

but hursts hands are rather special
I have no doubt that he will work with all of our receivers in the offseason.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Although we lost it was nice to see Hollywood come to play yesterday. Obviously the rest helped him tremendously. Really looking forward to seeing his growth in year two along with Boykin's development.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Although we lost it was nice to see Hollywood come to play yesterday. Obviously the rest helped him tremendously. Really looking forward to seeing his growth in year two along with Boykin's development.

Boykin doesn't have that dawg in him. He's too soft for my liking. A finesse big with nice hands but doesnt play to his size

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Knowing Lamar's work ethic he'll probably take 1 to 2 weeks off and then start to work out again. I'm pretty sure he and Hollywood will be somewhere in Florida together

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Hollywood brown next year will be rather special. He's a natural.
I agree. His lisfranc should be completely healed by that point and I recall the year after Jimmy healed he had the screws removed, which I'd suspect happens with Hollywood.

BTW, I'm going to invite you to play the forum mock again. You always make it known who you like....sometimes before and sometimes after the draft and I think you should play the game and build the team you select the way you'd like.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I agree. His lisfranc should be completely healed by that point and I recall the year after Jimmy healed he had the screws removed, which I'd suspect happens with Hollywood.

BTW, I'm going to invite you to play the forum mock again. You always make it known who you like....sometimes before and sometimes after the draft and I think you should play the game and build the team you select the way you'd like.

I love Ettienne. Like Curtis Weaver and tyler biadasz for us too.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Really curious to see how this offense looks next season. Wonder if we’ll go the more traditional route but still remain run-heavy. I want to see Lamar under Center more. Wouldn’t mind at all trading for a big-time WR to put on the outside alongside Boykin opposite with Hollywood in the slot. We can’t expect a lot from Snead and Seth moving forward. Doubt the latter is here next season. Snead would be a fine 4. Add our three headed monster at TE and our offense looks incredible. I hope EDC makes a trade for a WR like we did for Boldin

Corvus Purpura

Practice Squad
I'm clearly not as down about this as most here. This season was the most fun I've ever had watching football. Obviously, a win in February would have been much, much better, but that doesn't take away the past several months for me. Plus, there's so much optimism to be had for the future. The first time probably ever that we've been happy with both coordinators - and both should be returning. Lamar is going to be, to borrow a phrase, "pissed off for greatness" and will work to come back even better next year. Finally, there are so few pieces that we need to acquire to overcome weaknesses; we aren't due to lose many of the more valuable starters to begin with; and will have a ton of cap space and likelihood of players wanting to sign with us in the offseason.

As far the loss yesterday is concerned, I can't figure out if the utter choke was more on the coaching or the players, but I suspect the former. Perhaps they all bought into the inevitability of a championship and let that get to their heads. As far as the game was concerned, there was practically no pre-snap motion, a nearly empty backfield all the time, etc. Seems like everything we did throughout the year was abandoned in unnecessary panic. The fourth and short calls were absurd to me. Thinking back to the Seattle fourth and 2, there were several players in the backfield creating all kinds of confusion. This time, Lamar just lines up under center and runs parallel to the line. Mystifying. I also question that the analytics would say to go for it down 8 rather than use Tucker to move within 1 score.

Not sure if I'll watch anymore postseason football. If not, I'll hope to read that the 49ers or Packers won it all.

jdynamite

Ravens Ring of Honor
I sure hope we can get a Returner either Free Agency or the Draft because D.Thomas is a wasted roster spot. He doesn’t contribute on offense and he hesitates too much on both his kick and punt returns. He doesn’t just let it rip and run full speed.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
\
Boykin doesn't have that dawg in him. He's too soft for my liking. A finesse big with nice hands but doesnt play to his size
I disagree with you. I think he will have good development from year one to year two, but it's when he starts playing more as a big slot where I feel he could really take off.