• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Haven't been online since Saturday.....what did I miss?

Also, I've noticed an influx of anti-Ravens posters recently....has/is anything being done about that? If other teams' fans want to come in here and have respectable football discussions then that's fine, but if they're coming in here to troll then they need to GTFO.

when i notice them and if they're trolling i normally just ban/suspend the user straight away - sometimes hard to tell straight away - if you ever notice one that hasnt been dealt with yet do feel free to PM me (normally with a link to the post is good - alternatively you can use the report button which sends a notification to all the mods and admins) - ironically the only time i can remember anyone using the report button was by a troll who id just banned on saturday night lol

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
when i notice them and if they're trolling i normally just ban/suspend the user straight away - sometimes hard to tell straight away - if you ever notice one that hasnt been dealt with yet do feel free to PM me (normally with a link to the post is good - alternatively you can use the report button which sends a notification to all the mods and admins) - ironically the only time i can remember anyone using the report button was by a troll who id just banned on saturday night lol
agree with how it's been handled 100%

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

Just wanted to make sure that they're being dealt with lol

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Eagles who have interest in James Urban as OC also have interest in Mike Kafka, who is the current QB coach of the KC Chiefs.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Playing the titans in reg season next season is not a revenge game at all. Its not gonna change the fact that they beat our ass.. the win or loss isnt gonna prove a single thing

except it will be a revenge game - doesnt matter that its outside the playoffs and doesnt matter that the game is nominally less important and no it doesnt change the fact that they threw us out of the playoffs - but it will still be an opportunity to exorcise some demons
Depends on when we play them in the season. If it's early, whatever. But if it's late in the season with playoff implications, damn straight it is. Especially if their loss to us means they're eliminated from playoff contention.

Depends on when we play them in the season. If it's early, whatever. But if it's late in the season with playoff implications, damn straight it is. Especially if their loss to us means they're eliminated from playoff contention.

I think either way one Lamar Jackson is going to play his ass off to beat the team that ended his SB run this year. I could see a similar game as the Browns rematch this year.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Some notes from the Harbs presser:

• Playoff loss was when it boils down to it about the teams operating in key situations - in yard terms we should have destroyed them - defence did a good job in yards terms and yet the titans put up points, offence operated well in yards terms but didnt put up points - it was about which team made the fewest mistakes etc.
  • Said most fans and media etc. can clearly see where we might need to improve our personnel and at what positions
  • Harbs acknowledged that this offseason, we will be the team that other teams pull up the tape from first to study and examine and as a result we're going to have do redevelop to stay ahead of the curve and adjust to those adjustments (suggests to me that this offence won't look the same next year - or at least there'll be an inherent understanding within the offence of how we can counter those expected adjustments when we see them - either through audibles or deception or personnel etc.
  • I love how much harbs went to bat for Lamar in that presser - brought out lots of those same stats we saw in the media about some of the best Qbs in recent memory early in their careers, the Joe Burrow age thing etc.
  • There's a clear understanding within the building of what sort of things the media and fans say about this team etc. moreso than I can remember them ever acknowledging in the past - Harbs was well prepared when asked about run-pass balance
  • scouts meeting about needs etc. and personnel wants etc. has already happened
  • florida meeting will be in 2 weeks - first order of business will be the roster - front 7 decisions will be critical (because of the statuses of key front 7 players - was related to a question about the secondary being the strength of the team and whether they will prioritise improving the front 7)
  • Harbs definitely wants to try and re-sign jimmy

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Fully aware it's only year one but overall this draft class didn't seem to have many players who did much this year outside of a small group (all wrs did well)

I really hope besides Brown some of these picks pay off that we made.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I would like to say not a single person in the world and probably even on this team thought we would be so good so fast in the first full year of the turn around. Especially with our opponents this year I would have bet the hypothetical house and car I don't own because I'm 18 we wouldn't win more than 12 games. I hope the offense can stay dynamic but without some real pass rushers and front 7 pieces, we are in major trouble.

The reason we could beat up on teams when it comes down to it was simply because they had to throw every down and we could mad blitz. When teams could set up the run or get up earlier, ie 49ers, even the first half of the hawks game, titans, browns, we were in major trouble. I really think MLB is a bigger issue than people think.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Fully aware it's only year one but overall this draft class didn't seem to have many players who did much this year outside of a small group (all wrs did well)

powers was injured much of the year and hill just didn't have many opportunities also mack went on IR. Mcsorley well was inactive every game

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

powers was injured much of the year and hill just didn't have many opportunities also mack went on IR. Mcsorley well was inactive every game

rossihunter2

Staff Member

powers was injured for a few weeks - was inactive all year but for position flexibility reasons not performance reasons - if yanda or bozeman had gone down and had to miss a game i think powers would have been starting in their place but because he doesnt have the position flexibility to play anywhere else he's not useful as a reserve lineman on gamedays

JO_75

Hall of Famer
You guys think this would work? It's crazy to think how much more money ZDS could have gotten from the Packers if Rodgers' cap hit was separate from the Packers overall salary cap. Also where was this when we gave Joe $120M? We could have kept Boldin!

Charm City

Pro Bowler
You guys think this would work? It's crazy to think how much more money ZDS could have gotten from the Packers if Rodgers' cap hit was separate from the Packers overall salary cap. Also where was this when we gave Joe $120M? We could have kept Boldin!

Does the NFL want to be the NBA with all the superteams? because capping salaries is how super teams are built. You just gave two examples right off the bat.