• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JO_75

Hall of Famer
We'll get the Titans back next season when we play them in the regular season, we can beat them and hopefully the loss keeps them out of the playoffs. I just see them as the Jaguars of 2017 where they got lucky with one good year and then they fall right back in place at the bottom. They have to give Henry similar money to what Bell got so their cap will be destroyed along with the QB money for Tannehill. Next year everything will go back in place where it's Lamar vs Mahomes, no Brady, no Tannehill no other QB preventing Mahomes/Lamar 4(Mahomes/Lamar 3 will happen during the regular season) in the AFC Title Game like it should have been this Sunday.

Last edited:

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It still begs the question, if you spend a week scouting Tannehill and know that he never throws that out route why would you both bite on it? just blows my mind.

speed does things to receivers - not saying he shouldnt have played it better but that was a receiver who's hardly played all year and he put marlon in a bind with a great route - not really about tannehill's tendencies in that situation because when a guy drives at you with speed you have to react - humphrey was set up to keep him inside and raymond threatened to cross him so he reacted but got completely turned around and so lost raymond - was not great corner play but its not about a lack of film study

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
We'll get the Titans back next season when we play them in the regular season, we can beat them and hopefully the loss keeps them out of the playoffs. I just see them as the Jaguars of 2017 where they got lucky with one good year and then they fall right back in place at the bottom. They have to give Henry similar money to what Bell got so their cap will be destroyed along with the QB money for Tannehill. Next year everything will go back in place where it's Lamar vs Mahomes, no Brady, no Tannehill no other QB preventing Mahomes/Lamar 4(Mahomes/Lamar 3 will happen during the regular season) in the AFC Title Game like it should have been this Sunday.
That's what I'm hoping for

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
speed does things to receivers - not saying he shouldnt have played it better but that was a receiver who's hardly played all year and he put marlon in a bind with a great route - not really about tannehill's tendencies in that situation because when a guy drives at you with speed you have to react - humphrey was set up to keep him inside and raymond threatened to cross him so he reacted but got completely turned around and so lost raymond - was not great corner play but its not about a lack of film study
Marlon got beat fair and square on that route but so what? He gave up one play/TD but you can't win them all.
He's been pretty awesome all season considering he often shadowed top receivers and the rest of the time spent mostly out of his natural spot, replacing Young in the slot.

I don't see anybody mention how John Brown beat Gilmore on exactly the same route for 50y TD. Or how Parker absolutely destroyed Gilmore putting 130+ yards on him and 7 completions.

Tank

Hall of Famer
when i first looked at the amount of carries gus had 3 / 20 yards i was thinking, wth. However that's also a decision that Lamar makes at the mesh point and it's hard to argue with his decisions for the most part. he had over 6 yards per carry and I43 on the night.

Agree with everything else you said although i wanted them time go for the 4th down later on the 3rd also but can see how kicking would have been beneficial also
Much of that yardage came late when the game was lost.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Given how historically good this team was this season in terms of DVOA, it's absurd to think how much better this offence could become (obviously also worse) - i really hope we go out and get another wr (or 2) to push this passing game to the next level
I just hope the guys that are here now have the experience where they can keep their poise when faced with adversity and and also hope all have gained more of a sense of situational awareness. And I’d love to see us win the division again, but TBF I’ll take a WC spot and some wins in the tournament over any regular season accomplishments.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I just hope the guys that are here now have the experience where they can keep their poise when faced with adversity and and also hope all have gained more of a sense of situational awareness. And I’d love to see us win the division again, but TBF I’ll take a WC spot and some wins in the tournament over any regular season accomplishments.

SAME HERE!!!

Being 14-2, Winning the Division, gaining the #1 SEED in the AFC to get HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE throughout the playoffs don't mean :poop: :poop: at this point when you're getting bounced and trounced out of the playoffs in your 1st game. To be honest; I don't want to hear a damn thing about how good this team looks in practice, Mini Camps, OTA's, Training Camp, or the Preseason or even how they may look going forward in the Regular season! I...DON'T....GIVE....A.....DAMN! :brickwall::brickwall: Show me that you can get your ass passed the 1st round and advance deeper into the playoffs and then maybe, I'll say we have something. NOT UNTIL THEN!

Watching all of these highlights of Henry pissing all over us, pushing Earl Thomas as though he was his blocker, the dropped passes, Humphrey getting twisted up in knots like a damn pretzel on that deep pass TD, Lamar's INT and Fumble and the defense falling for trickeration on a jump pass TD from Henry ON OUR FIELD.....in PRIMETIME....over and over and over all week long on the networks and then answering to all of my friends who are Ravens haters (fans of other teams) that are clowning the hell out of us got me sick to my stomach. Ed knows how I feel at this point.....

Tank

Hall of Famer
While I of course I want to beat the Titans next year, I definitely don’t blame them for our early exit from this year’s tournament. We did that ourselves. lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Marlon got beat fair and square on that route but so what? He gave up one play/TD but you can't win them all.
He's been pretty awesome all season considering he often shadowed top receivers and the rest of the time spent mostly out of his natural spot, replacing Young in the slot.

I don't see anybody mention how John Brown beat Gilmore on exactly the same route for 50y TD. Or how Parker absolutely destroyed Gilmore putting 130+ yards on him and 7 completions.

im absolutely not having a go at marlon for it - the wr made a great play and made marlon look silly but in that situation with that coverage im not sure there's a cb who doesnt get made to look silly in that spot

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
im absolutely not having a go at marlon for it - the wr made a great play and made marlon look silly but in that situation with that coverage im not sure there's a cb who doesnt get made to look silly in that spot
I wasn't replying to your post with that intent. It was my general take on the thread/notion that Marlon isn't all that great.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Obviously Matthew Judon benefited from our scheme and the amount of times we blitzed (55% per PFF) Something to consider that is really important. He had 62 pressures, but 35 of the pressures came unblocked or were cleanup pressures.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Obviously Matthew Judon benefited from our scheme and the amount of times we blitzed (55% per PFF) Something to consider that is really important. He had 62 pressures, but 35 of the pressures came unblocked or were cleanup pressures.
Yea, I'm not understanding why anyone wants him back, especially on the tag. It's time to say bye.