• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Notre Dame guard Quenton Nelson would be significant upgrade. Some scouts call @BigQ56 one of best college interior OL they've ever seen, and I agree. There are good options at #16 at other positions, but Nelson would be a solid choice too.

If he’s still available, we have to take him.

Taze

Practice Squad
We've got some decent young guys here and there, but man this roster is old and trending downwards. The number 1 CB, S, pass rusher, OL, WR, TE and QB are all over 30 years old. And half of them have suffered a major injury within the last year. Yikes

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
We've got some decent young guys here and there, but man this roster is old and trending downwards. The number 1 CB, S, pass rusher, OL, WR, TE and QB are all over 30 years old. And half of them have suffered a major injury within the last year. Yikes
I mean..pretty much every team has guys over 30. And our defense is very young.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
offensive lineman are known to play well into their thirties (35 to 37) is a pretty normal. Jimmy is just turning 30 and should have a few more years left in him. QB's 35 is the new 28. It's not as bad as it seems, but yes, we need to get a little younger. Safety could be an issue in a year or two with Weddle getting older. I think next year is his last year in Baltimore.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
If we play the Broncos in week 1 and/or the Bengals in week 17, our playoff chances will be ruined.

Seriously you would think they'd schedule us to play either the Browns or Steelers for a change. The real rivalry is Steelers/Ravens not Steelers/Browns but yet the NFL cant seem to grasp this.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Seriously you would think they'd schedule us to play either the Browns or Steelers for a change. The real rivalry is Steelers/Ravens not Steelers/Browns but yet the NFL cant seem to grasp this.
They love giving the Steelers that easy win in week 17. #favoritism

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

They love giving the Steelers that easy win in week 17. #favoritism
The one time we played the Browns in week 17, we made the playoffs that season (thanks to assistance from the Chiefs). But yes, it's ridiculous how often the Steelers get to play their own property. Seems to be a perk of having 6 ringz tho!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The one time we played the Browns in week 17, we made the playoffs that season (thanks to assistance from the Chiefs). But yes, it's ridiculous how often the Steelers get to play their own property. Seems to be a perk of having 6 ringz tho!
Should yeah, totally agree. Btw should be 5 rings. That immaculate reception, should rightly be called the immaculate deception. Raiders should have won that game.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
if cushing could just stay healthy he would make for a nice stop gap player for us
I was thinking the same thing. He is basically Thad Castle if you watched Hard Knocks a couple years back. But I already feel like this team has so many injury prone players.

The Greek

Veteran
i am one who still believes we can still win with flacco if he is surrounded with the type of talent he had in 2012. (pitta, boldin, torrey, rice, jones) (pierce&dickson were nice contributors as well). not sure if collins is the real deal and i need to see more from him between the tackles. dixon is a ? and buck is pretty solid as a change of pace back. if a rb like guice is there in the 2nd i would draft him. we have 2 solid blocking te's but can williams offer more in the passing game? we need an upgrade most definitely. only receivers on the team i would keep is chris moore and possibly wallace if the contract is cap friendly. some of the young guys like quincy and tim white can have their shot but the fo needs to bring in a vet or 2 and hit the jackpot with one in the draft for once