• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
seeing that pull quote was the reason i went and read the article lol - i would love it if he retired a raven just like anquan did - they can play elsewhere for most of their careers but at the end of it they're coming home
But seeing guys like Weddle and Boldin retire with us despite not being drafted by us speaks hella volumes to our FO. While they had their issues in the past (see. Rice, Ray), the top brass of this organization is top notch and I'm proud to be a fan of this team.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
It’s insane how many players either retire ravens or strongly consider themselves ravens despite playing longer elsewhere. Weddle, boldin, Derrick mason, Willis mcgahee, and I don’t believe steve smith officially retired a raven but he definitely has that connection to the franchise.

it’s awesome to be such a model organization
I swear I replied to @rossihunter2 's before I even saw your reply. Otherwise, I wouldn't have posted since I basically said the same thing you did. As far as Steve Smith is concerned, I swear, I wish we had him in his prime with Lamar. Could you imagine the carnage............?????

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I swear I replied to @rossihunter2 's before I even saw your reply. Otherwise, I wouldn't have posted since I basically said the same thing you did. As far as Steve Smith is concerned, I swear, I wish we had him in his prime with Lamar. Could you imagine the carnage............?????

and you know steve wouldnt have taken any of the bullshit questions about Lamar as a QB and would have defended the hell out of lamar at any possible opportunity - dude already had a chip on his shoulder his whole career - imagine how big it would have been if he got to play with lamar too

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Part of the interesting stuff that came from Weddle retiring is how and why we rebuilt the defence with Wink as DC and what philosophically we were trying to do and I think Michael Crawford in these 2 tweets demonstrates what we're doing differently to other teams - there's a reason we're an outlier in terms of blitz % and being a good defence:

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
last pass rusher i seen rush 100% was easily taken out the game vs teams and thst was kahil
Mack when he was at raiders! If judon only rushed, we would never be able to disguise our defense in some cvgs..

Reactions: cdp

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Tell SAM I said hi
hmmmm, his name isn't sam. Outside of him always wanting Bowser to play SAM like he was drafted for, I'm not sure what you are talking about, but I just woke up also.

Last edited:

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I love that Bengals fans are up in arms and getting mad when the media or former players say Burrow should pull an Eli and refuse to play for them.

Like seriously Bengals fans, nobody wants to see a talent like Burrow get wasted playing for an owner who doesn't care for winning. I'm hoping David Tepper goes all in and trades up for him to reunite him with Joe Brady.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
17 Games, Expanded Playoffs, NFL Combine in Primetime, NFL is doing anything to make more money. How much longer until the NFL implements a Draft Lottery similar to the NBA?