• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
follow up from hensley specifically about Wink

bisciotti taking care of these guys and rewarding them - might also be a sweetener for if he doesnt get the HC job in the future to maybe get him to consider just continuing as a career DC getting paid HC type money

I feel like the Ravens DC job is more appealing than being a HC for some of the teams out there. I just dont understand why he would be enticed to leave, teams looking for HCs seem to be in a mess nowadays anyway

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I feel like the Ravens DC job is more appealing than being a HC for some of the teams out there. I just dont understand why he would be enticed to leave, teams looking for HCs seem to be in a mess nowadays anyway

and tbf to wink he's said that he would only go somewhere if it was a dream-type job - not sure what that would mean for him but its instructive probably that he accepted the Giants interview so would probably have to be a storied franchise with strong ownership or something like that idk

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
would be odd if Roman considered an offer like that given he's only a few months away from having HC at the NFL consideration and maybe with 1 more year with Lamar flies to the top of lists for NFL teams
that wouldn't matter, because if he was hired for a HC job he could get out of the contract.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Jim Irsay on keeping the Combine in Indianapolis: "Traditions Should Stay in Place"

The City of Baltimore:

giphy.gif

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
its more that its less likely he gets an NFL HC offer after a year running a college program - whereas an extra year with the MVP and a historic offence is likely better for his chances of getting HC offers next year
Yeah, what I was referring to was our extension. He could become head coach even with an extension from us. I wasn't referring to Colorado possibly having interest. That being said, I agree with you.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wonder why the comp picks didn’t get announced yet. It usually comes before the combine.

Yes NFL, Mosley gives ravens a 3rd round comp pick. Just be done with it.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wonder why the comp picks didn’t get announced yet. It usually comes before the combine.

Yes NFL, Mosley gives ravens a 3rd round comp pick. Just be done with it.
IIRC the NFL has announced comp picks on the 4th friday for the last four years. Which means they will announce it on the 28th - but I expect them to announce it before the combine really starts (i.e. Tuesday or Wednesday)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
IIRC the NFL has announced comp picks on the 4th friday for the last four years. Which means they will announce it on the 28th - but I expect them to announce it before the combine really starts (i.e. Tuesday or Wednesday)

normally its the friday before - i was expecting it to be last friday but maybe its this upcoming friday during the combine

im fully expecting us to get the 2 4ths so if we end up with a 3rd in stead then its a wonderful bonus

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Next season our division is back to being tough as shit. Healthy big ben, new qb on bengals and browns are still decent.. tbh im already taking Bengals over in wins soon as the odds drop lol. Already got mybankroll ready..

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Next season our division is back to being tough as shit. Healthy big ben, new qb on bengals and browns are still decent.. tbh im already taking Bengals over in wins soon as the odds drop lol. Already got mybankroll ready..

will certainly be up there in terms of QB play

It's why I love the NFL. Plenty of uncertainty and this division is no different:
-Ravens: Will Lamar keep up his fantastic play or will he regress? IF he regresses (in terms of production), to what extent?
-Steelers: How effective will a healthy but older Big Ben be? I don't think he'll be trash or anything like that, but will his age show?
-Browns: Will Baker and the rest of them mature from their foolish ways of last season? How will a slimmer Baker fare?
-Bengals: Pretty self-explanatory as to the question marks surrounding them.