• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I have consumed a lot of tequila since I've gone dark here. We each dealt with that Titans loss in different ways...

Good to know on your evaluation though. Haven't seen enough of him to know how great he'll be, but that said, I thought Bosa was overrated when he was coming out.

And my main point was how much is TOO much to give up to move up if we had a "can't miss prospect."

And what if it was just to move top 10 to grab one of these wrs?

i mean i still wouldnt like it but to get into the top 10 is at least feasible with a couple of 1st round picks (+ a fair few add ons) but with how great the WR class is (i've got 5 WRs in the top 17 and 7 in the top 28 in this class right now) there's no real need to jump up 18 picks to grab a really great receiver prospect - at most you might have to jump up half that distance (but that still might require an extra 1st round pick)

its hard to really imagine what a can't miss prospect really looks like because there's always a chance - and what counts as missing? for the kind of capital suggested in the first situation anything but a perennial all-pro and borderline hall of famer would feel like a miss and yet most top 5-10 picks dont actually turn into hall of famers but most do turn into good to very good pro players - mostly that wouldnt be considered a miss but if you give up the amount of capital you'd need to give up to go and get someone that high, being very good would feel like a miss

so i guess that it depends on how you define can't miss

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
What kind of philosophical changes would you like to see from this team? As great as I thought the team was coached up until the playoffs, I still have quite a few complaints..

1. More TE screens, Boyle and hurst are not only really solid YAC guys, but also ideal since they are excellent blockers as well and a TE screen is easily disguised and they can be snuck out easily. These boys would eat on designed screens from heavy sets.

2. more screens in general, if you wanna go heavy and force the defense to bring the heavies, the best way to spread them out is by screen, you aren’t spreading out a defense when you’re in a max protect formation with 1 wideout and a fullhouse backfield, hit that flat with a convoy out front.

3. more deep play action. We used a fair amount but I feel like we really could’ve used more. Most of these types of plays weren’t really deep either and were just Lamar and andrews syncing for a 20 yard completion in a soft spot, what I’m talking is the type of shit we did with flacco to John brown, max protect and go deep, send miles and marquise deep down each boundary and if Hollywood doesn’t clear over the top toss it up for miles and see if he comes down with it, use these guys for what they do best.

just 3 things I’d really like to see from the offense, like add a hint of Andy Reid and a hint of mcvay to this playbook to really take the next step, the power run game is there and the TE passing game as well, but if you wanna really open shit up you gotta spread out their heavy formation and really get the run stuffers out in the open and chasing, and just take more shots.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Came across this on Reddit, and just like we all expected after the season Lamar had. Looks like Lamar may be the Madden 21 Cover Athlete for Madden 21.

Patrick Mahomes: Took the league by storm and was MVP in 2018, Madden 20 Cover in 2019. Super Bowl Champion same year as Madden Cover.

Let's hope Lamar runs that same path.....

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Came across this on Reddit, and just like we all expected after the season Lamar had. Looks like Lamar may be the Madden 21 Cover Athlete for Madden 21.

Patrick Mahomes: Took the league by storm and was MVP in 2018, Madden 20 Cover in 2019. Super Bowl Champion same year as Madden Cover.

Let's hope Lamar runs that same path.....

We're fucked.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
What kind of philosophical changes would you like to see from this team? As great as I thought the team was coached up until the playoffs, I still have quite a few complaints..

1. More TE screens, Boyle and hurst are not only really solid YAC guys, but also ideal since they are excellent blockers as well and a TE screen is easily disguised and they can be snuck out easily. These boys would eat on designed screens from heavy sets.

2. more screens in general, if you wanna go heavy and force the defense to bring the heavies, the best way to spread them out is by screen, you aren’t spreading out a defense when you’re in a max protect formation with 1 wideout and a fullhouse backfield, hit that flat with a convoy out front.

3. more deep play action. We used a fair amount but I feel like we really could’ve used more. Most of these types of plays weren’t really deep either and were just Lamar and andrews syncing for a 20 yard completion in a soft spot, what I’m talking is the type of shit we did with flacco to John brown, max protect and go deep, send miles and marquise deep down each boundary and if Hollywood doesn’t clear over the top toss it up for miles and see if he comes down with it, use these guys for what they do best.

just 3 things I’d really like to see from the offense, like add a hint of Andy Reid and a hint of mcvay to this playbook to really take the next step, the power run game is there and the TE passing game as well, but if you wanna really open shit up you gotta spread out their heavy formation and really get the run stuffers out in the open and chasing, and just take more shots.
If anyone deserves more screens for them, it's Hollywood. Heck, I'll thrown in Hill too. As for goal-line situations, I'd like to see more fades thrown to either Andrews, Hurst, or even Boykin.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Just read an article on ESPN+ about the top 100 free agents and they had Vic Beasley listed at 32 years old while stating he was drafted in 2015 lmao. Cant make this shit up. Only reason I have ESPN+ is for the package deal with hulu and Dysney otherwise idk who would pay for this garbage. Like how do you miss that

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
0FC6BD44-2097-4014-9C09-8B363CD91D19.jpeg

Hollywood looking swole. Can’t wait to see him in year 2 running full speed.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
View attachment 2209

Hollywood looking swole. Can’t wait to see him in year 2 running full speed.

i saw someone somewhere else say he looked like he'd already put some bulk on (a bit like lamar last offseason) - i wonder if the rehab on the lisfranc last offseason and then the whole draft process prevented him from getting into his NFL body last year - it wouldn't surprise me

it's hard not to get hyped about just how good hollywood might be this year - he was awesome despite all the things he was fighting against (lack of an offseason, coming off the lisfranc and never being fully healthy or up to full speed, constantly rehabbing to be available for each sunday)

take those things away and add in an offseason of more experience and with the ravens conditioning coaches, more time in the offence, an offseason with lamar, the whole of training camp

like i want to temper my expectations but i cant help myself but get caught up thinking about the possibilities

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor

Hollywood putting in the work to become great. Don't worry about his teacher but if you ignore the last couple of years, he was the best receiver in the world. I'm glad Hollywood's taking what's best from AB and nothing else hopefully!

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

Hollywood putting in the work to become great. Don't worry about his teacher but if you ignore the last couple of years, he was the best receiver in the world. I'm glad Hollywood's taking what's best from AB and nothing else hopefully!

Anybody that wouldnt wanna learn from AB is crazy.. dude work ethic is insane. Its just him as a person thats a problem lol

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

I know they're cousins at all, but this video is almost akin to two young brothers with the older one practicing or training something and the younger one observing and trying to replicate the older brother. Really cool to see.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

What a shame all that ability got wasted. The explosion in every move is mind boggling.