• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
It's why I love the NFL. Plenty of uncertainty and this division is no different:
-Ravens: Will Lamar keep up his fantastic play or will he regress? IF he regresses (in terms of production), to what extent?
-Steelers: How effective will a healthy but older Big Ben be? I don't think he'll be trash or anything like that, but will his age show?
-Browns: Will Baker and the rest of them mature from their foolish ways of last season? How will a slimmer Baker fare?
-Bengals: Pretty self-explanatory as to the question marks surrounding them.
I think Lamar will actually improve again.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I think Lamar will actually improve again.
Same, and I’m not even being bias. He has room for improvement in throwing and from what I’ve read, he has insane work ethic. I’m salivating at the thought of him developing a deep ball like Flacco would throw in his prime. Some of the best have extended their help and I hope he works with them in the offseason.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
The more I hear about how high the cap could rise under this new CBA, the happier I am that the Ravens were able to lock up a lot of their mid level guys ahead of time.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Next season our division is back to being tough as shit. Healthy big ben, new qb on bengals and browns are still decent.. tbh im already taking Bengals over in wins soon as the odds drop lol. Already got mybankroll ready..

The Bengals will continue to be a bad football team but the Steelers and Browns could actually be tough and 3/4 solid teams certainly is a very tough division.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
The Bengals will continue to be a bad football team but the Steelers and Browns could actually be tough and 3/4 solid teams certainly is a very tough division.
They will probably be bad but i def see them winning some games.. long as they keep aj green i think they can atleast put up fights this season.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Pretty sure they already said he would be back for next season. I just hope he can actually stay healthy because a trio of Marlon, MP, and Tavon is going to cause headaches for opposing QBs.

i feel robbed that we didnt get to see what tavon as the slot with ET at safety would look like last year - Tavon's a playmaker from that position... great blitzer, makes plays on the ball

redrum52

Hall of Famer
If we could get the Redskins pick for our 1st, 2nd 4th and 1st and 4th next year, would you?

Or 1st, 2nd, 4th and 1st and 3rd next year.

Also, when do we find out our comp picks?

JAAM

Hall of Famer
If we could get the Redskins pick for our 1st, 2nd 4th and 1st and 4th next year, would you?

To get a perennial All Pro in Chase Young for the next 15 years? In a hot second

rossihunter2

Staff Member

what fantasy world are you living in that this is even a question lol - it would take at least 3 1st round picks with lots of other assorted picks attached to go from 28 to 2

just in terms of value (pick value) it would take 4 sets of the 28th pick in the draft to equal the 2nd pick - but that doesnt even take into account the fact that future picks normally have lower value in the current draft - so we'd be looking at an equivalent value of more than 4 1st round picks

the falcons went from 27 to 6 for 2 1st rounders, a 2nd rounder and 2 4ths - you'd then have to add on the equivalent of a move from 6 to 2 which is a lot of extra value on top - the jets gave up 3 2nd rounders to move up from 6 to 2

but on top of that is the fact that washington would be moving back 26 spots in the draft

just to be even clearer about just how unreasonable either of the offers above are for washington - the entire value of our draft picks in the 2020 draft is less than the value of just the 11th pick in the draft which itself is worth less than half of the 2nd pick in terms of value

+ on top of all of that i dont think chase young is a generational talent - he's a great prospect but he's not better than nick bosa or myles garrett were coming out

redrum52

Hall of Famer
what fantasy world are you living in that this is even a question lol - it would take at least 3 1st round picks with lots of other assorted picks attached to go from 28 to 2

just in terms of value (pick value) it would take 4 sets of the 28th pick in the draft to equal the 2nd pick - but that doesnt even take into account the fact that future picks normally have lower value in the current draft - so we'd be looking at an equivalent value of more than 4 1st round picks

the falcons went from 27 to 6 for 2 1st rounders, a 2nd rounder and 2 4ths - you'd then have to add on the equivalent of a move from 6 to 2 which is a lot of extra value on top - the jets gave up 3 2nd rounders to move up from 6 to 2

but on top of that is the fact that washington would be moving back 26 spots in the draft

just to be even clearer about just how unreasonable either of the offers above are for washington - the entire value of our draft picks in the 2020 draft is less than the value of just the 11th pick in the draft which itself is worth less than half of the 2nd pick in terms of value

+ on top of all of that i dont think chase young is a generational talent - he's a great prospect but he's not better than nick bosa or myles garrett were coming out

I have consumed a lot of tequila since I've gone dark here. We each dealt with that Titans loss in different ways...

Good to know on your evaluation though. Haven't seen enough of him to know how great he'll be, but that said, I thought Bosa was overrated when he was coming out.

And my main point was how much is TOO much to give up to move up if we had a "can't miss prospect."

And what if it was just to move top 10 to grab one of these wrs?

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

I wonder why teams dont trade for other teams future picks as often.. i mean like certain teams you kinda no will be a top 10 pick. At the same time though its a big risk plus teams have current needs