• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I’ve always been a huge fan of griffen and if we aren’t at least kicking tires then we’re dumb. I’m not a fan of backloading but this is one I think we really should consider if his asking price is reasonable. Judon and griffen with our DL would give our SB chances a huge kick in the ass, the weakness of edge rush would be beyond respectable at that point
Thank you. My best friend is a Vikings fans and says Everson still has a lot of juice left. Would LOVE to have him here

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I'd take Lamb's hands to Jeudy's better route running but I admit that I would be happy trading up for either one. They are both that good.
Not me. By nature I just always prefer a guy who can separate and plays explosive and elusive, and in this situation jeudy has firmly been my WR1 and nothing is gonna move him

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Big Ben looking like he has been self-quarantining for years even before the government told us we had to.

bigben1.jpg

rossihunter2

Staff Member
they will change this to 12 hours once people like you use up the entire clock. I'm just pulling your leg btw.....

would be great for teams that dont normally get much media attention... they get a half a day of prime speculation about who they're going to pick and what their team was like in 2019 and who might be good fits etc. etc.

and then they get half a day of prime analysis on who they picked and how they might fit and what else they might need to do

the problem is that once you get past the 2nd round or so it would get pretty repetitive and boring lol

but i wouldnt mind

does take away from that primetime feel though and buzz - the draft starts but you might not see a player picked for over a month if you're a steelers or rams fan lol even if it is 12 hours on the clock

would be both great fun and also the worst thing ever simultaneously

JO_75

Hall of Famer
they will change this to 12 hours once people like you use up the entire clock. I'm just pulling your leg btw.....

Well there is no rule to say you have to pick... you can let the clock expire and the next team can jump you. A risk I'm willing to take!

JO_75

Hall of Famer

I love how hyped Calais is and responding to that tweet. Obviously when it comes to the offensive side of the ball, obviously you build in the trenches in order to keep your QB upright and give him time to make plays. I've always thought the same for the defensive side of the ball until last year when EDC showed coverage sacks created by a good secondary is just as important to the success of a defense.

How long until teams start trying to replicate the success of our secondary and fail at it lol.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I love how hyped Calais is and responding to that tweet. Obviously when it comes to the offensive side of the ball, obviously you build in the trenches in order to keep your QB upright and give him time to make plays. I've always thought the same for the defensive side of the ball until last year when EDC showed coverage sacks created by a good secondary is just as important to the success of a defense.

How long until teams start trying to replicate the success of our secondary and fail at it lol.

Tbf were the only team in the league playing like this and building our defence like this - pff did an article about how it was breaking trends and then ran the analytics on it a bit

What’s crucial though is that the front office and scheme designers and play callers are all singing from the same hymn sheet - EDC is building a defence built for wink to thrive and likewise is giving roman the parts he needs to be successful also

But on the other side of it, the coordinators are willing to evolve and adjust to the talent around them that’s available in a way previous ravens coordinators have not

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Sore throat yesterday

sore throat and cough and painfully dry nasal cavity today

As of now feeling a possible fever coming on slowly, and getting shorter of breath throughout the day.

lets just say I’m a little spooked