• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Do you guys think Jalen Reagor will last till we pick in the 2nd round? I really like him. One of the most complete WRs in this draft imo.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Shit Flex - you need to see a doc ASAP.
Woke up in the middle of the night feeling completely fever free, but my chest a little tighter, fwiw. I’m isolating right now, woke up with these symptoms and called right out of work and I’m staying that way for the time being, doing the responsible thing.

I was real scared when I went to bed but after waking up with no fever at all I feel like it’s just a poorly timed cold

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Update: woke up this morning, no fever at all but chest considerably worse, dry cough has gotten worse, and my breaths are really unsatisfying and I’m breathing real heavy every time I’m up and about.

but at the same time, in an odd way, I feel fine. I don’t think I have the rona but I think it’s possible and I’m kinda worried to see how I feel tomorrow.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Update: woke up this morning, no fever at all but chest considerably worse, dry cough has gotten worse, and my breaths are really unsatisfying and I’m breathing real heavy every time I’m up and about.

but at the same time, in an odd way, I feel fine. I don’t think I have the rona but I think it’s possible and I’m kinda worried to see how I feel tomorrow.
Don't mess around. Go take care of it. I suffered for an entire month with the influenza virus (tested positive) and just feel fully recovered now. It took 40 days to get rid of it. I don't know what I had either tbh, since I feel better now I'm hoping it was the corona because now I'm immune to it. But, I tested positive for the Influenza. However, I'm totally isolated since then. No human contact to within 6'-8', sleep in a separate room and all that jazz. Hope you recover fully.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

I'd go to Patient First or somebody like that and get their opinion just to be on the safe side but it sounds like you got deep phlegm in the chest for sure and prednisone can really help that.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Don't mess around. Go take care of it. I suffered for an entire month with the influenza virus (tested positive) and just feel fully recovered now. It took 40 days to get rid of it. I don't know what I had either tbh, since I feel better now I'm hoping it was the corona because now I'm immune to it. But, I tested positive for the Influenza. However, I'm totally isolated since then. No human contact to within 6'-8', sleep in a separate room and all that jazz. Hope you recover fully.
I’m not gonna go add stress to the hospitals for something I’m managing just fine at home. I had what I suspect was the flu, it hit like a truck the Monday following the loss to the titans, and my lungs didn’t get back to regular function til the last week of February, and the fever and sickness lasted a whole 7 days. That felt a million times worse than this. Like I said I feel relatively fine, my chest is congested as fuck right now though and there’s no movement at all in the congestion.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'd go to Patient First or somebody like that and get their opinion just to be on the safe side but it sounds like you got deep phlegm in the chest for sure and prednisone can really help that.
I had the same exact issue. My local Allcare in Ellicott City prescribed some sort of steroid regimen to get rid of it. Man it was scary bad, the wheezing. Like you rightly advised it is ideal to just go get a second opinion.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
if it was corona, I'm not so sure you are immune to it. Is that true???

rossihunter2

Staff Member
if it was corona, I'm not so sure you are immune to it. Is that true???

if you recover from coronavirus your body develops antibodies that will make you immune for at least a short while afterwards
there are ongoing studies to work out whether that immunity is permanent or whether there's a chance people can contract covid-19 twice (or more)

but for sure there is a period after recovering where you are immune at least for a while

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Here are my notes from the EDC podcast - thanks to @cdp for picking up on the chris wormley new direction thing - made me get around to listening to this quicker...

EDC - podcast notes:

• Ravens are a destination spot - harbs’s culture is well known and admired as a place where vets can thrive in an environment - plus add in Lamar and the reputation of the front office and EDC finds that people want to play for the ravens
  • 2 other teams were interested in Hayden - falcons were most interested and Hayden wanted to go to Atlanta - EDC was happy doing right by Hayden and the ravens at the same time - falcons being in the NFC was a boon
  • Going different direction on DL moving forwards + salary dump for Chris... we moving towards more of a 1-gap type scheme?
  • Sort of dodged the question about drafting a TE - specifically moved towards talking about adding skill position talent in general - get the impression they already have a TE they like as number 3 or the offensive plan is to move away from 3 TE sets
  • Looking to add weapons - if that’s a TE then cool but weapons is what we’re after
  • Looking for impact players early in the draft no matter the position - impact overcomes need easily on the board - maybe pushes some more developmental guys down the ravens board a bit because we want early impact - that being said players not likely to be early impact if at a log-jammed position so not immediately telling of what we’ll do
  • Feels like they have enough cap and capital flexibility to pounce on moves if they come up but I get the impression that there’s no specific target right now - but we’re ready if a good fit becomes available
  • Always listening to trade offers especially on draft night - probably the most effusive i’ve ever heard a Ravens front office person be about soliciting offers in my entire fandom - we want to move around the board - only question now is are we moving up or down or both or what?

Reactions: cdp

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Here are my notes from the EDC podcast - thanks to @cdp for picking up on the chris wormley new direction thing - made me get around to listening to this quicker...

EDC - podcast notes:

• Ravens are a destination spot - harbs’s culture is well known and admired as a place where vets can thrive in an environment - plus add in Lamar and the reputation of the front office and EDC finds that people want to play for the ravens
  • 2 other teams were interested in Hayden - falcons were most interested and Hayden wanted to go to Atlanta - EDC was happy doing right by Hayden and the ravens at the same time - falcons being in the NFC was a boon
  • Going different direction on DL moving forwards + salary dump for Chris... we moving towards more of a 1-gap type scheme?
  • Sort of dodged the question about drafting a TE - specifically moved towards talking about adding skill position talent in general - get the impression they already have a TE they like as number 3 or the offensive plan is to move away from 3 TE sets
  • Looking to add weapons - if that’s a TE then cool but weapons is what we’re after
  • Looking for impact players early in the draft no matter the position - impact overcomes need easily on the board - maybe pushes some more developmental guys down the ravens board a bit because we want early impact - that being said players not likely to be early impact if at a log-jammed position so not immediately telling of what we’ll do
  • Feels like they have enough cap and capital flexibility to pounce on moves if they come up but I get the impression that there’s no specific target right now - but we’re ready if a good fit becomes available
  • Always listening to trade offers especially on draft night - probably the most effusive i’ve ever heard a Ravens front office person be about soliciting offers in my entire fandom - we want to move around the board - only question now is are we moving up or down or both or what?
That last one is completely open - it would depend on whether EDC likes the deal. "Open for business, give me a call" - he said that much.