• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
after watching ed reed play for years and playing S and wr growing up, only one kinda S i want lol.. dam near impossible to find but i really prefer the malik hookers, prime earl and weddle over the adams and james types.
When you seriously sit down and watch all the greats of football and then watch Ed Reed play, he was at the least the most mercurial and watchable player in the NFL's history and at best the best football player to play defense.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
When you seriously sit down and watch all the greats of football and then watch Ed Reed play, he was at the least the most mercurial and watchable player in the NFL's history and at best the best football player to play defense.
Greatest football mind to ever live. An absolute savant

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
To be fair a healthy Malik hooker is a stud as well, and honestly if I could choose between a healthy hooker and healthy Adams I’d be torn, I fully prefer the style of safety hooker is.

the colts defense took a sharp turn upward with hooker and Leonard emerging. Give hooker some more time and hopefully he can stay healthy and I think it’s not even gonna be question whether or not he’s a stud
I think the generational effect on Ravens fans is actually really funny. I feel most of the fan base, at least those who watched Reed play -
(I put myself barely in this conversation but still comprehend his greatness)
Loved Malik Hooker more than anyone because he is the closest prospect to Reed since Reed (maybe et)
We all prefer the style of Hooker.

On the flip, I think the style of guys like Adams is really coming back. I think we are going to lead the revolution back to some bigger slightly slower guys on the field. It is so interesting to watch how the NFL changes.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I think the generational effect on Ravens fans is actually really funny. I feel most of the fan base, at least those who watched Reed play -
Loved Malik Hooker more than anyone because he is the closest prospect to Reed since Reed (maybe et)

On the flip, I think the style of guys like Adams is really coming back. I think we are going to lead the revolution back to some bigger slightly slower guys on the field. It is so interesting to watch how the NFL changes.
Naw way too many athletes on the field to have those big slow guys out there. I dnt think the adams style ever left the game, theyre just hard to find just like the reed style is impossible to find. We will likely see 50 more adams of the world before we see 1 reed. We have guys like mccourty,eddie jackson and et that played a similar style but even they werent remotely close.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
How do I tell my man I want him to rail me like Ray Lewis? #52 #doillegalthingstome
Screen_Shot_2019-01-17_at_4.22.43_PM.jpg

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

I don’t think Bernard pollard types will ever come back as safeties, those guys are coming back because they can play LB now, and you just don’t see Ed reeds because that’s a one in a million skill set, no amount of work or coaching can give a player what Ed Reed had, Ed Reed had that PLUS a work ethic that no player can match, he was a perfect storm, it’s easier to find a guy with size and speed and have a DC send him to blitz or run laterally to cover the short end of the field.

if the ravens lead a revolution there, it’ll be because blitzing is showing some effectiveness, the only revolution the ravens could lead on defense would be to build the secondary to carry you and coach the front to complement by just blitzing your life away.

our defensive philosophy is why I’m starting to get less and less hellbent on drafting defense this year, I think with the way we call it that Campbell might actually be enough to make all the difference.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I don’t think Bernard pollard types will ever come back as safeties, those guys are coming back because they can play LB now, and you just don’t see Ed reeds because that’s a one in a million skill set, no amount of work or coaching can give a player what Ed Reed had, Ed Reed had that PLUS a work ethic that no player can match, he was a perfect storm, it’s easier to find a guy with size and speed and have a DC send him to blitz or run laterally to cover the short end of the field.

if the ravens lead a revolution there, it’ll be because blitzing is showing some effectiveness, the only revolution the ravens could lead on defense would be to build the secondary to carry you and coach the front to complement by just blitzing your life away.

our defensive philosophy is why I’m starting to get less and less hellbent on drafting defense this year, I think with the way we call it that Campbell might actually be enough to make all the difference.
The patriots have been doing it before us.. id probably give them the credit first as far as building secondaries or favoring secondaries over pass rushers.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Pats without Brady this year will be 6-10. I love it.
Knowing BB and his cheating ways, he'll launch the most seamless tanking campaign and end up with the #1 pick. He won't go 0-16 but he'll just win enough games to make sure he has the #1 seed. He is a devious dude with an even more devious and sex starved owner, so trust me when I tell you that is their plan. I think he'll go 2-14 when he could easily have gone 6-10 like you predicted.

Reactions: cdp

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I agree.. im thinking about take them to not make the offs

Brady did not do anything though last year. You can say it was because of their weapons but he still did not do anything. They still have that elite defense that won them games and they still are playing in the AFC East. That is the easiest road to the playoffs in the NFL.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Brady did not do anything though last year. You can say it was because of their weapons but he still did not do anything. They still have that elite defense that won them games and they still are playing in the AFC East. That is the easiest road to the playoffs in the NFL.

Yeah, I don't understand anyone picking the Pats to suddenly fall off the map. Still a lot of off-season left for them to find a suitable replacement QB and their defense still has an elite secondary with the best corner in the league. And they still have the greatest coach of all-time, so there's that.