• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think the generational effect on Ravens fans is actually really funny. I feel most of the fan base, at least those who watched Reed play -
(I put myself barely in this conversation but still comprehend his greatness)
Loved Malik Hooker more than anyone because he is the closest prospect to Reed since Reed (maybe et)
We all prefer the style of Hooker.

On the flip, I think the style of guys like Adams is really coming back. I think we are going to lead the revolution back to some bigger slightly slower guys on the field. It is so interesting to watch how the NFL changes.

i dont think its flipping back to slower bigger guys, more that there are more players coming through who have both range and the physicality/want to to play higher in the box because college schemes dont want the rangiest defender to be stuck playing single high so these guys have to be able to play close to the LoS

jamal adams isnt a slow player nor is he that big but he's someone who is good on the backend but is also a playmaker close to the LoS both in the passing game and the running game

and its interesting that weddle gets mentioned (and Earl Thomas now) because those are guys we think of as free-safeties and yet look at what we ask them to do in the ravens scheme... it's not that dissimilar to what jamal adams etc are asked to do

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The patriots have been doing it before us.. id probably give them the credit first as far as building secondaries or favoring secondaries over pass rushers.

its not just the team-building philosophy, it's also the scheme - wink's blitzing and the way we blitz is different to all other 31 franchises and not in a small way - it's as against the grain as our offence is

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
L
Brady did not do anything though last year. You can say it was because of their weapons but he still did not do anything. They still have that elite defense that won them games and they still are playing in the AFC East. That is the easiest road to the playoffs in the NFL.
naw they lost a few guys including collins and van voy.. even though brady didnt do anything, mentally he is still far superior to any qb in the lg. He still had a lil juice last year, just wasnt enough to overlook those bad weapons he had on offense.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
its not just the team-building philosophy, it's also the scheme - wink's blitzing and the way we blitz is different to all other 31 franchises and not in a small way - it's as against the grain as our offence is
Oh yea i agree but i was trying to say that patriots already started the trend of favoring secondary over front 7 guys

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
L

naw they lost a few guys including collins and van voy.. even though brady didnt do anything, mentally he is still far superior to any qb in the lg. He still had a lil juice last year, just wasnt enough to overlook those bad weapons he had on offense.
exactly my take. He's still way ahead of the game mentally and in leadership. That is not going away during his career and it shouldn't be taken lightly. Amazing how many people I've had to tell that to.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
exactly my take. He's still way ahead of the game mentally and in leadership. That is not going away during his career and it shouldn't be taken lightly. Amazing how many people I've had to tell that to.

If that's all it took Peyton Manning would still be playing. At some point the body starts to go and it looks like it has. Is he an okay QB now? Sure. Is he top 15 right now? Not a chance.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
If that's all it took Peyton Manning would still be playing. At some point the body starts to go and it looks like it has. Is he an okay QB now? Sure. Is he top 15 right now? Not a chance.
that's not all it takes, but the leadership and mental aspect isn't leaving Brady. Brady's physical attributes have definitely diminished over the last couple yrs.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 4.33.52 PM.png

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Since this is the random thought thread and we trying to open up page 667, I'm still part of the Everson Griffen bandwagon unless if it's financially unfeasible.