• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
We did it champs! The devil was at war with us to remain at pg. 666, but we did not falter. In the words of MLK, "The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." Stay woke, my brethren.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Watching these workout videos has me now imagining an offense with Hollywood, Jeudy and AB. A man can dream.

Chase Young would be a very welcomed addition, to me. Some don't think he would be worth it and I'll trust them because I don't watch nearly enough film or college ball.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Imagine trading up with the skins for Chase Young

like he'd be great, but also dont want to do that to our organisation with the loss of picks it would take - we'd be screwed both this year and next year in terms of finding talent and would be missing a first rounder the year after that too at least

so while the prospect is great - the trading up is likely to be a curse and a nightmare

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
There has never been an April Fools Day as bad as 2020 April Fools Year. What an awful year this has been.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Hypothetically what do you think the cost to trade up for Chase Young would be?

I'd guess Judon, two firsts, both seconds this year and our second next?
Idk.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Marcus Peters is a raven who seems to be under the radar. He was, and I don’t wanna overstate this, SO FUCKING GREAT once he got here, like I knew the rams fans badmouthing him were entirely full of shit, but I honestly didn’t expect him to be as good as he was.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Marcus Peters is a raven who seems to be under the radar. He was, and I don’t wanna overstate this, SO FUCKING GREAT once he got here, like I knew the rams fans badmouthing him were entirely full of shit, but I honestly didn’t expect him to be as good as he was.
But remember Harbs couldn't handle strong personalities thooooooooo.......

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
But remember Harbs couldn't handle strong personalities thooooooooo.......
That was a pretty shitty take lol. Harbaugh has dealt with some of the toughest SOBs and strongest personalities in the league.

keep in mind, as a rookie head coach, he took over a team led by RAY LEWIS ED REED REX RYAN TERRELL SUGGS AND BART SCOTT, none of the players vouched for harbaugh because they thought Rex should’ve been the coach, none of the players vouched for the rookie qb joe Flacco because they thought it was Troy smiths job, and he took said team to the afc championship and earned everyone’s respect literally by being an authoritarian right off the bat, and when the greatest safety of all time didn’t like it, he kept at it anyway and said safety kept playing for him because he knew the culture was real.

Everyone talks about harbaugh inheriting a great team, what harbaugh inherited was a culture that the players and DCs already established, and harbaugh came in, identified it as a losing culture, challenged it, and took it over and established his own winning culture, and he had to do it over the 2 greatest defenders to ever play their positions at the same damn time.

I went on a tangent there, but I’ve always hated that shit take on harbaugh. He doesn’t get the credit he deserves for how well he started his HC career. If you’re gonna give harbaugh shit, make it about his loyalty to a fault, or his very questionable decision making at times.

Eddie

Practice Squad
Should the Ravens sign AB strictly for the playoffs? Similar to what the Seahawks done for Marshawn Lynch...

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Should the Ravens sign AB strictly for the playoffs? Similar to what the Seahawks done for Marshawn Lynch...
Lamar wouldn’t have time to work with him during the season so there would be no rapport in the playoffs. If we were to sign AB, it would need to be at least before training camp, but there’s been no indication that we even have any interest (despite ESPNs stupid ass video titles). I’d personally take a flier on AB. I don’t give a shit about PR moves and their consequences anymore. We’ve missed out on so many good players while healing from the Ray Rice incident and I think it’s time we’ve moved on. We’re still called classless and tasteless because of the Ray Lewis incident over 20 years ago, albeit by fat ass trolls, so who cares anymore? This is a class act franchise that won’t tolerate one fuck up after the Rice incident. One outburst by AB and he’s gone. Simple as that. I still don’t think it happens, though, unless him and EDC actually have a meetup and talk about expectations.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Getting a pick his first game with us was stellar. Drinking a beer celebrating in the stands was epic! Raven for life.

Tank

Hall of Famer
That was a pretty shitty take lol. Harbaugh has dealt with some of the toughest SOBs and strongest personalities in the league.

keep in mind, as a rookie head coach, he took over a team led by RAY LEWIS ED REED REX RYAN TERRELL SUGGS AND BART SCOTT, none of the players vouched for harbaugh because they thought Rex should’ve been the coach, none of the players vouched for the rookie qb joe Flacco because they thought it was Troy smiths job, and he took said team to the afc championship and earned everyone’s respect literally by being an authoritarian right off the bat, and when the greatest safety of all time didn’t like it, he kept at it anyway and said safety kept playing for him because he knew the culture was real.

Everyone talks about harbaugh inheriting a great team, what harbaugh inherited was a culture that the players and DCs already established, and harbaugh came in, identified it as a losing culture, challenged it, and took it over and established his own winning culture, and he had to do it over the 2 greatest defenders to ever play their positions at the same damn time.

I went on a tangent there, but I’ve always hated that shit take on harbaugh. He doesn’t get the credit he deserves for how well he started his HC career. If you’re gonna give harbaugh shit, make it about his loyalty to a fault, or his very questionable decision making at times.

The thought of Harbaugh riding “Ray Lewis’ team to the SB” was always a ridiculous notion. The locker room was a dumpster fire when he got here and he immediately righted the ship creating a winning culture. Harbs really is under appreciated by many.

Last edited: