• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
That was a pretty shitty take lol. Harbaugh has dealt with some of the toughest SOBs and strongest personalities in the league.

keep in mind, as a rookie head coach, he took over a team led by RAY LEWIS ED REED REX RYAN TERRELL SUGGS AND BART SCOTT, none of the players vouched for harbaugh because they thought Rex should’ve been the coach, none of the players vouched for the rookie qb joe Flacco because they thought it was Troy smiths job, and he took said team to the afc championship and earned everyone’s respect literally by being an authoritarian right off the bat, and when the greatest safety of all time didn’t like it, he kept at it anyway and said safety kept playing for him because he knew the culture was real.

Everyone talks about harbaugh inheriting a great team, what harbaugh inherited was a culture that the players and DCs already established, and harbaugh came in, identified it as a losing culture, challenged it, and took it over and established his own winning culture, and he had to do it over the 2 greatest defenders to ever play their positions at the same damn time.

I went on a tangent there, but I’ve always hated that shit take on harbaugh. He doesn’t get the credit he deserves for how well he started his HC career. If you’re gonna give harbaugh shit, make it about his loyalty to a fault, or his very questionable decision making at times.
I think the example is so clear in the 2007 season. I feel there was such a long period where the defense and the offense here were two different cultures completely separated, it wasn't a team. Completely forgot about the weird events that occurred for Flacco to start. I recall an interview from Ray Lewis where he admitted he was upset about restarting with Flacco that late.

Harbs is probably the best culture and motivational coach in the NFL imo. Like said, his biggest fault would be sticking to his culture too hard wether it be with players or coaches. But it really went bad for his brother doing the same stuff pretty quick.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

didnt know where else to put this - the public relations dept has a weird hierarchy so i think he might still be below kevin byrne in the pecking order but congrats to chad steele lol - the guy who's been behind the HC at the end of every superbowl for a while

Weird way of calling a Secret Service guy.
Senior VP of Comms.

JO_75

Hall of Famer

didnt know where else to put this - the public relations dept has a weird hierarchy so i think he might still be below kevin byrne in the pecking order but congrats to chad steele lol - the guy who's been behind the HC at the end of every superbowl for a while

So.... our new bluetooth guy for Barstool Idiots to claim we are cheating?

rossihunter2

Staff Member

haha finally kevin byrne has officially gone from the organisation - one of the very few people in my ravens fandom i genuinely disliked in this organisation

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Random thought. Watching the news coverage of the COVID-19 pandemic, I'm just praying all of you are practicing safety guidelines and remain healthy. NYC is a war zone right now and it is heart breaking. A friend I've known for over 40 yrs now is Covid positive. He worked in the Corrections department of NYC and was also a tennis instructor. Heartbreaking but hopefully he'll recover. These stories will become common place sooner rather than later it seems like. Please pray for all our friends and family here and around this magnificent country.