• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Really? Damn. That is surprising.

we're a young team in general - here's a cliffnotes version of how old our players are (not listing everyone):

22:
  • Marquise Brown
  • DeShon Elliott
  • Justice Hill
  • Patrick Mekari
23:
  • Miles Boykin
  • Orlando Brown
  • Lamar Jackson
  • Marlon Humphrey
  • Ben Powers
24:
  • Mark Andrews
  • Tyus Bowser
  • Chuck Clark
  • Jaylon Ferguson
25:
  • Bradley Bozeman
  • Pat Ricard
  • Jihad Ward
  • Gus Edwards
26:
  • Ronnie Stanley
  • Tavon Young
27:
  • Nick Boyle
  • Matt Judon
  • Marcus Peters
  • Willie Snead
  • Matt Skura
so our QB, 3 starting WRs, 2 starting TEs, entire current starting OL, FB and 2 backup RBs are all 27 or younger
our defence is older but our 3 starting CBs, 1 starting S and 1 backup S and 3 EDGEs are all 27 or younger

both LBs who aren't LJ Fort would also fit on this list as would most of our backup DL right now

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I need to defend the 2017 team and Flacco that year. That team was low-key nasty. We had shit teams for the larger part of this decade post Super Bowl, and we can't even put that on Flacco's contract. Flacco's contract wasn't slightly bad and we restructured it before he actually took any big cap hit, didn't he only count 7 mil against his first season (obviously with the signing bonus?)

anyway, I recall the vikings game that year (2017) Maclin and Wallace were both hurt that game- so Flacco threw to Mike Camp and Chris Moore and Griff Whalen ... poor soul.
his cap number was going to go up to about 26m in 2017. We needed to restructure his contract, but that was also how the contract was set up in the first place back in 2013.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I need to defend the 2017 team and Flacco that year. That team was low-key nasty. We had shit teams for the larger part of this decade post Super Bowl, and we can't even put that on Flacco's contract. Flacco's contract wasn't slightly bad and we restructured it before he actually took any big cap hit, didn't he only count 7 mil against his first season (obviously with the signing bonus?)

anyway, I recall the vikings game that year (2017) Maclin and Wallace were both hurt that game- so Flacco threw to Mike Camp and Chris Moore and Griff Whalen ... poor soul.
Also the notion that Flacco had a "4 game" career is pretty ridiculous. While for various reasons things never worked out as planned post 2012 he gets an undue amount of hate.

This was written near the end of his tenure in Baltimore.

https://ravenswire.usatoday.com/2018/05/29/5-joe-flacco-stats-you-wont-believe/

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Also the notion that Flacco had a "4 game" career is pretty ridiculous. While for various reasons things never worked out as planned post 2012 he gets an undue amount of hate.

This was written near the end of his tenure in Baltimore.

https://ravenswire.usatoday.com/2018/05/29/5-joe-flacco-stats-you-wont-believe/
yeah that notion is pretty ridiculous. I remember reading this article a couple years ago. Some surprised me and some didn't, but either way, he had a pretty darn good career. It's also great to know that we have moved on seamlessly.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
hell i'd watch if Fouts was the 3rd announcer
RingedLikableAzurevasesponge-size_restricted.gif

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
im about the same - i've got 11

replace bowden with Bryan Edwards and add KJ Hamler

looking at his list he seems to think it trails off in talent after the top 15 whereas i think there's a logjam of guys at the end of day 2

although some of these rankings are wacky
yeah, I thought having Mims 10th on his WR list at 49th overall was crazy.

My wife tested positive for covid-19 two days ago so our isolation has turned into quarantine, it explains the last week and a half of very mild flu symptoms, I only got a minor cough. I think we're very lucky considering 27,000 have perished.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
My wife tested positive for covid-19 two days ago so our isolation has turned into quarantine, it explains the last week and a half of very mild flu symptoms, I only got a minor cough. I think we're very lucky considering 27,000 have perished.
omg, praying for you and your wife BR. Glad your symptoms are minor.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Get well and beat the virus! We're all wishing both a speedy and full recovery.