• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I've never heard of this tag. Is this the transition tag?
Me neither. Apparently,

The "May 5" tender still allows Golden to negotiate a deal with other teams. The Giants would not receive any compensation if he signed elsewhere, but Golden would count toward the 2021 compensatory pick formula if he signed with another team.

If Golden remains unsigned past July 22 (or the start of training camp), he could play for only the Giants this season. The team would maintain the pass-rusher's exclusive rights at 110% of his previous compensation package, which is $5.225 million.

This at least sets the market for Golden to find a more lucrative offer after he finished with 10 sacks last season.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
since when can Harrison be 39?

yeah that seems odd - unconfirmed so guess its just rumours that nobody bothered to fact check

as far as im aware LBs can still only have between 40 and 59 but the waters are muddied in the nfl now with dimebackers etc. - harrison doesnt fit that mould but who knows - maybe he can finagle it

tbh i doubt he'd care that much - my guess is he takes 59 because its as close as he can get number wise to his college number (or 57 because it's a legacy LB number)

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
since when can Harrison be 39?

yeah that seems odd - unconfirmed so guess its just rumours that nobody bothered to fact check

as far as im aware LBs can still only have between 40 and 59 but the waters are muddied in the nfl now with dimebackers etc. - harrison doesnt fit that mould but who knows - maybe he can finagle it

tbh i doubt he'd care that much - my guess is he takes 59 because its as close as he can get number wise to his college number (or 57 because it's a legacy LB number)

How did you both miss the obvious answer?

He will be our Str0nG SaFetY

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Me neither. Apparently,

Looks like the NFLPA got hoodwinked again. This makes it harder for a player to sign elsewhere. So the comp pick deadline passes unless you put the UFA tag on which enables the team to still get a comp pick. First I'd heard about it and surprized its not used more often. The only time it was used was by Patriots in 2017 on Legarret Blount and he signed somewhere else and they was able to get a 4th rd comp.

I tried to look it up but could find nothing on it. Tricky ass rule.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
@JoeyFlex5 - i know you have opinions on this sort of stuff:

No way is Harrison rocking 39. The only LBs who can wear 30s are safety converts and he’s clearly not. I guess I can like with 48 but 58 would’ve been so much cleaner. I was thinking 58 and 59 would be those 2 and I thought madubuike would take 92