• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Yeah, poor Aaron Rogers.
Greg Jennings, Donald Driver, James Jones, Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Jermichael Finley, Davante Adams, etc.......... what a terrible group! LMAO!
Come on Tank cut us some slack. I only see one of those guys currently on our roster. You have to feel a little sorry for us right now. How you been Tank?

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Of course not. When has he broken any rules?

TOM BRADY QB, TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

The NFL ruled that Tom Brady did not violate league rules by visiting Buccaneers OC Byron Leftwich.

Last week, Brady made headlines by wondering into the wrong house down in Florida while on his way to Leftwich's place. Brady eventually tracked down his offensive coordinator, had a "brief visit", and went home with the playbook. The NFL investigated the visit to see if it broke its strict guidelines about player and coach meetings, but everything checked out. We can all forget this ever happened despite some around the league expecting "stern discipline".

SOURCE: Boston Globe
Apr 28, 2020, 6:04 PM ET

Of course not. When has he broken any rules?

TOM BRADY QB, TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

The NFL ruled that Tom Brady did not violate league rules by visiting Buccaneers OC Byron Leftwich.

Last week, Brady made headlines by wondering into the wrong house down in Florida while on his way to Leftwich's place. Brady eventually tracked down his offensive coordinator, had a "brief visit", and went home with the playbook. The NFL investigated the visit to see if it broke its strict guidelines about player and coach meetings, but everything checked out. We can all forget this ever happened despite some around the league expecting "stern discipline".

SOURCE: Boston Globe
Apr 28, 2020, 6:04 PM ET

He’s about as perfect as you can be LOL.

Having a young generational QB really amped up my anxiety because we've all seen guys like Rodgers and Luck fall apart trying to carry bum offenses, Im glad we have EDC.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Come on Tank cut us some slack. I only see one of those guys currently on our roster. You have to feel a little sorry for us right now. How you been Tank?
All good, thanks for asking.
Yeah, no sorry Ice. When you've suffered at the position for years the way the Ravens have it's hard to have any sympathy. lol

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
The coverage possibilities afforded by having Queen on the field are ridiculous., along with pressure possibilities.
Nickel with the young LB's gives us great option to have either Chuck or Patrick in man on TE while sending the other if wed like.
Im also liking the idea of 4 a true corners package (smith, Marlon,tavon,Marcus), along with Chuck and both LB's with Earl Thomas off the field.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That cut at the end was crazy smooth, and he accelerates so quickly out of every step. I feel bad for any defender. I'd say try to press him at the line to prevent him from building up speed and getting separation, but his hit box is so small you'd have trouble getting a good shot at him.

And in one of his offseason vids, he was clearly working hard on his releases at the LoS because I’m assuming he came to the same conclusion as you

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The coverage possibilities afforded by having Queen on the field are ridiculous., along with pressure possibilities.
Nickel with the young LB's gives us great option to have either Chuck or Patrick in man on TE while sending the other if wed like.
Im also liking the idea of 4 a true corners package (smith, Marlon,tavon,Marcus), along with Chuck and both LB's with Earl Thomas off the field.

I found it interesting that after re-signing, jimmy talked about taking on a role a bit like carr’s - we’ve often speculated here that he wouldn’t be a candidate to make that kind of transition to get him on the field

That being said I don’t think we’d ever take earl off the field

All good, thanks for asking.
Yeah, no sorry Ice. When you've suffered at the position for years the way the Ravens have it's hard to have any sympathy. lol

when you’ve suffered on Defense for so long you have to feel for us. We haven’t had a good defense since Clinton was president.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I found it interesting that after re-signing, jimmy talked about taking on a role a bit like carr’s - we’ve often speculated here that he wouldn’t be a candidate to make that kind of transition to get him on the field

That being said I don’t think we’d ever take earl off the field
There are times where Earl was really out of position last year. In a sense he is being asked to be Eric Weddle in this defense and I'm not sure it was easy for him. Nickel stuff with the presumption that we go with Malik along with Patrick will be awesome to watch though. I am really looking forward to seeing how coach Martindale uses the safeties now that we have an LB that is capable of covering TE along with Chuck.

Very curious to see Jimmy on the field and how wink uses him.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
So man coverage across the board, 4 man pressure, and 3 guys who may zone, double, or blitz.

just to make it better, have Judon standup rushing, just in case we wanna drop him and run a cb blitz one time

rossihunter2

Staff Member
So man coverage across the board, 4 man pressure, and 3 guys who may zone, double, or blitz.

just to make it better, have Judon standup rushing, just in case we wanna drop him and run a cb blitz one time

Jimmy can 100% be used like a coverage weapon where we line him up against a TE and just have him erase them from the play like he used to with number 1 receivers