• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
So man coverage across the board, 4 man pressure, and 3 guys who may zone, double, or blitz.

just to make it better, have Judon standup rushing, just in case we wanna drop him and run a cb blitz one time
its absolutely awesome to think about the possibilities and how a single look defensively can be morphed in so many ways it will be difficult for lines to account for these new pressures. When you add to that the fact that Campbell can win inside and out side, this defense is pretty scary. We need another Rush backer. Health is the only thing that can derail this D from being scary good.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
its absolutely awesome to think about the possibilities and how a single look defensively can be morphed in so many ways it will be difficult for lines to account for these new pressures. When you add to that the fact that Campbell can win inside and out side, this defense is pretty scary. We need another Rush backer. Health is the only thing that can derail this D from being scary good.

i think the only obvious and affordable candidate to add to the rush backer spot is mcphee - unless someone obvious gets cut but not sure there's a better or more realistic option

JAAM

Hall of Famer
i think the only obvious and affordable candidate to add to the rush backer spot is mcphee - unless someone obvious gets cut but not sure there's a better or more realistic option
Can Everson stand up in our defense?

JAAM

Hall of Famer
And there's still Clay

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Clay's done. We could sign Clowney to a one year prove it deal. $5-6m, no franchise tag clause.
I’m pretty sure he’s going back to Seattle. They cleared up cap space by cutting Fluker and Britt and didn’t draft a replacement. Only way we could get Clowney now is if Seattle wants to trade for Judon. I’d be interested in Markus Golden as well

Reactions: cdp

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m pretty sure he’s going back to Seattle. They cleared up cap space by cutting Fluker and Britt and didn’t draft a replacement. Only way we could get Clowney now is if Seattle wants to trade for Judon. I’d be interested in Markus Golden as well
I completely forgot about Golden. I don't think he's going to be expensive, great idea.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I completely forgot about Golden. I don't think he's going to be expensive, great idea.
Don’t get me wrong though. I’m still pounding the table for Clowney lol. I just don’t see how we could make it happen :(

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Don’t get me wrong though. I’m still pounding the table for Clowney lol. I just don’t see how we could make it happen :(
Jarran Reed changed his # from 90 to 91 last year when Clowney got there. Reed said today he's going back to 90. There is still hope

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Jarran Reed changed his # from 90 to 91 last year when Clowney got there. Reed said today he's going back to 90. There is still hope
Well then.......this is interesting lol

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah. Pernell is a great player. And with Jaylon hopefully coming on, we can spare Pernell so many snaps.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

It wouldn't be the worst thing to get McPhee back. Limit his snaps and just hope he stays healthy enough throughout the season to be able to contribute more down the stretch and in the playoffs this time. He can still play at a high level and already knows our defense as well.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It wouldn't be the worst thing to get McPhee back. Limit his snaps and just hope he stays healthy enough throughout the season to be able to contribute more down the stretch and in the playoffs this time. He can still play at a high level and already knows our defense as well.

youd think that jaylon did enough down the stretch last year to at least be able to spell mcphee