• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

D1City55

Pro Bowler
I don't think Griffen is an option. This has nothing to do with with cap # or anything of that nature I just don't think he's a good scheme fit in all honesty. I just don't think he's a fit. I don't know where you can put him on this defense.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I don't think Griffen is an option. This has nothing to do with with cap # or anything of that nature I just don't think he's a good scheme fit in all honesty. I just don't think he's a fit. I don't know where you can put him on this defense.
really?

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think so too. We aren't even in decline quite yet. MD is doubling cases every couple of weeks and we haven't quite seen the peek here. Florida is going to suffer if they open up too early just given the age of that population.

I live 5 minutes from the beaches that open Monday. Its gonna be a shit show I'm afraid. The retirement / nursing home complex Freedom Square is less than a mile from my front door and just reported its 18th death. Sigh.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I live 5 minutes from the beaches that open Monday. Its gonna be a shit show I'm afraid. The retirement / nursing home complex Freedom Square is less than a mile from my front door and just reported its 18th death. Sigh.
God save us from ourselves and our worst instincts.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor

I couldn't stop watching it because it featured two of my most favorite players of all time. Michael Jordan and the subject Lamar Jackson. Yes over the past year, LJ passed Ed Reed in my eyes. But, Ed Reed does have a very special place in my heart forever!

Man Bill Polian literally has made so many haters over this particular hot take and his credibility has taken an ass kicking!

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I couldn't stop watching it because it featured two of my most favorite players of all time. Michael Jordan and the subject Lamar Jackson. Yes over the past year, LJ passed Ed Reed in my eyes. But, Ed Reed does have a very special place in my heart forever!

Man Bill Polian literally has made so many haters over this particular hot take and his credibility has taken an ass kicking!
Is Lamar your son by any chance? If so, can you tell him to stay safe out there?

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor

501kg world record deadlift. Amazing.

What an amazing lift. You know what's crazy...I'm even more impressed how easy the 420kg/925lbs and 465kg/1025lbs came off the floor. So quick, fast and explosive like it was nothing. You win most competitons if you can lift 925

My best is 215kg, can't imagine doing over double that.

Mind you thats 2.5 times bodyweight for me and only 2.44 for him so I guess Im stronger lol

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I'm probably going to get etherized for saying this, but I'm pretty sure signing Andy Dalton for only 7 million dollars was an extremely smart move by the cowboys. Even if they don't commit to Dak and look elsewhere for the future, I bet Dalton does quite well for them in that offense. He's worth a whole lot more than 7m

I'm probably going to get etherized for saying this, but I'm pretty sure signing Andy Dalton for only 7 million dollars was an extremely smart move by the cowboys. Even if they don't commit to Dak and look elsewhere for the future, I bet Dalton does quite well for them in that offense. He's worth a whole lot more than 7m

It's only $3m plus incentives up to $7m, it's a great deal.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It's only $3m plus incentives up to $7m, it's a great deal.

i honestly think dalton's got a good 6-7 years left in his QB career - he's the sort of guy who can come in on a great roster and help it achieve what it should - doesn't improve a roster to new heights but helps a good roster hit the heights it should hit

but he's also not going to make a bad team better than it already is

andy dalton is the perfect player to thread the line between being a franchise qb and being a backup - he's maybe the only qb in the league who's a good starter but not a franchise qb but also too good to be a backup

i honestly think dalton's got a good 6-7 years left in his QB career - he's the sort of guy who can come in on a great roster and help it achieve what it should - doesn't improve a roster to new heights but helps a good roster hit the heights it should hit

but he's also not going to make a bad team better than it already is

andy dalton is the perfect player to thread the line between being a franchise qb and being a backup - he's maybe the only qb in the league who's a good starter but not a franchise qb but also too good to be a backup

It's a good insurance policy in case Dak gets injured or sits out. Plus I'm sure it is gain leverage in contract negotiations. Will the drop off from Dak to Dalton be that significant?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
It was smart. Dalton is a top backup. He’s not a great qb but for anyone to say he won’t amount to a great backup is just wrong.

dalton strikes me as the type who could find himself a backup for the right team with the right coaches and players, see the starter go down, and get in there and cause a qb controversy by playing really well for a stretch.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It was smart. Dalton is a top backup. He’s not a great qb but for anyone to say he won’t amount to a great backup is just wrong.

dalton strikes me as the type who could find himself a backup for the right team with the right coaches and players, see the starter go down, and get in there and cause a qb controversy by playing really well for a stretch.

i think he'll have the kind of 2nd career that josh mccown had where he gets to play lots of football but is never viewed as "the guy" but as one of those QBs you absolutely want in your locker room as a backup

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i think he'll have the kind of 2nd career that josh mccown had where he gets to play lots of football but is never viewed as "the guy" but as one of those QBs you absolutely want in your locker room as a backup
That’s the same kinda expectation I have. Dalton gave us fits over the years and all the bashing on his level of play is kinda strange considering that we have seen for the past decade almost that he is a competent qb