• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I don’t know how the majority feels but I’ve always had a shit ton of respect for Dalton. Always professional and humble, and not a little b i t c h like the other two QBs in our division

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Patrick Queen really going to wear 48? I guess this tweet confirms it but damn couldn't we have given him 58?
I understand he is playing on the 8, but 57 would have been much, much better being a legacy number and all.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
How does it make him a sub package rusher only? First of all, the base defense for all teams is now the nickel, 4 rushers, 2 LBs, 5 dbs, so its simple, put him on either side of the line for the package we field the most, same for the dime package. When we’re in a 3-4 which is not the base package anymore, either take him off the field in favor of McPhee or ferguson, or let him play the edge, because the difference between a 3-4 and 4-3 over/under is the outermost edge defender standing up, that’s literally the entire difference, and since losing dean pees the ravens have never been pressed on having true 3 down standup OLBs who can also rush, because it’s unrealistic.

the ravens literally are not a 3-4 team anymore, they are closer to positionless than we’ve ever seen, they just take guys who do something well and let them do it.
Agree with your entire statement, but the last statement is so true and how things should be done anyway to maximize the talent. Wink has been a god send and I certainly hope he sticks around for a long time, but he definitely could become a head coach.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don’t know how the majority feels but I’ve always had a shit ton of respect for Dalton. Always professional and humble, and not a little b i t c h like the other two QBs in our division

Well one is actually a big b i t c h.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Respected but hated the fucker, he had our number

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Agree with your entire statement, but the last statement is so true and how things should be done anyway to maximize the talent. Wink has been a god send and I certainly hope he sticks around for a long time, but he definitely could become a head coach.
For real though, wink replacing pees and Roman replacing marty are underrated changes, Lamar has overshadowed all the great moves made otherwise, we aren’t just coasting on Lamar’s talent, we are a juggernaut top to bottom, both sides of the ball has superb talent and coaching

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Respected but hated the [profanity deleted], he had our number
Plus that defense had Joe’s number for years as well. Wasn’t it a Tampa 2 that he just couldn’t figure out? Lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
For real though, wink replacing pees and Roman replacing marty are underrated changes, Lamar has overshadowed all the great moves made otherwise, we aren’t just coasting on Lamar’s talent, we are a juggernaut top to bottom, both sides of the ball has superb talent and coaching

just a shame that jerry rosburg had to go - one of the top 2 or 3 special teams coaches year on year

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Plus that defense had Joe’s number for years as well. Wasn’t it a Tampa 2 that he just couldn’t figure out? Lol
It wasn’t that he couldn’t figure it out, it’s that their defense had US figured out and there’s one sure way to beat the Tampa 2, outrun it and block the 4 man rush. When we had boldin, housh, and mason, we weren’t outrunning a damn thing lol