• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
the annoying thing about the playoff loss vs the titans is that the titans didn't even play THAT well

we just fucked up more when it mattered.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I think the Jets are a huge sleeper team. better line this year- dawgs at lbs (mosley coming back is huge) and I think bell and darnold both take big steps forward. wouldn’t be surprised to see them as a 7 seed
I think all three our teams in div can make offs. I can def see jets doing something but i think darnold is terrible

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think the Jets are a huge sleeper team. better line this year- dawgs at lbs (mosley coming back is huge) and I think bell and darnold both take big steps forward. wouldn’t be surprised to see them as a 7 seed
Still doesn't account for Flacco. You may indeed be right, but we're winning the SB this year period. Our stiffest competition? Ravens.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
the annoying thing about the playoff loss vs the titans is that the titans didn't even play THAT well

we just fucked up more when it mattered.
Seriously, it’s not at all like we faced some unstoppable force like the chiefs, but it’s like if one thing didn’t go our way early we were gonna just unravel, and that’s what happened. It was such a damn shame to see

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lol super optimistic.. hope it turn out to be true. Went from flacco winning atleast one playoff evert appearance to being one and done for last two yrs
He was a 23 yr old kid and he didn't lose us the game against Tennessee. The entire team did. In any case, he's the fastest learner we've seen out there just going from year 1 to year 2 growth. Plus he is Jordanesque in eery conceivable way. Drive to improve and drive to win. Work ethic and charisma. Yes he's never going to lose another play off game for the next several years.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Seriously, it’s not at all like we faced some unstoppable force like the chiefs, but it’s like if one thing didn’t go our way early we were gonna just unravel, and that’s what happened. It was such a damn shame to see

i said before the game it would have to be a murphy's law type game for us to lose - i said it would take multiple 4th and short failures, some turnovers and other poor plays

and it happened

we could have come back from 1 or 2 things going wrong but literally everything went wrong and that was that

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Most random thing you'll read all day:

Former 49ers Coach Mike Singletary has stepped down as a High School Football coach in Texas after going 1-21 in two seasons which included a winless season in 2019.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Yeah, I just meant if it followed the NBA format first to 4 wins. Should have been more precise. It was a casual statment ^_^ yeah 6 or even 5
Oh trust me, I knew lol. I could see TEN having their game of their lives in game 4 and that's that. It's unfortunate that both Ingram and Andrews got hurt at the worst time.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i said before the game it would have to be a murphy's law type game for us to lose - i said it would take multiple 4th and short failures, some turnovers and other poor plays

and it happened

we could have come back from 1 or 2 things going wrong but literally everything went wrong and that was that
For me it felt like we had rolled over everyone so easily it all felt too perfect, like we only showed those early game hiccups and rebounded in week 16, other than that it was basically us taking an early lead and turning on cruise control, aside from a few pucker worthy moments. We had faced so little adversity that an early game blunder just felt like an instant unravel, we got a reality check and Tennessee reminded both players and coaches that this is the nfl and you don’t cruise your way to a title

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
We shat the bed. If this were a 7 game series ala NBA we'd have won quite comfortably.
Most random thing you'll read all day:

Former 49ers Coach Mike Singletary has stepped down as a High School Football coach in Texas after going 1-21 in two seasons which included a winless season in 2019.
Believe it or not, this is the second time I'm reading about it. Quite shocking really. Fired in his 3rd year as a HS Coach is quite the stunner.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
For me it felt like we had rolled over everyone so easily it all felt too perfect, like we only showed those early game hiccups and rebounded in week 16, other than that it was basically us taking an early lead and turning on cruise control, aside from a few pucker worthy moments. We had faced so little adversity that an early game blunder just felt like an instant unravel, we got a reality check and Tennessee reminded both players and coaches that this is the nfl and you don’t cruise your way to a title
Dean pees deserves alot of credit too imo

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Dean pees deserves alot of credit too imo
20mmld.jpg

LSURavenFan

Veteran
First and foremost, I want the Ravens to win the division.. obviously ... but I also wanna see some more adversity.

Last year there was none after week 4 and very rarely played from behind. I’m ok with an 11-5 or even a 10-6 this year, it’s not ideal by any means, but I think the team would be more battle tested come playoff time. I also wanna see Lamar work from behind some more this year, I doubt it happens with our D, but that’s literally the only thing I need to see from Lamar, it’s not a knock either because him and the offence have just been so good they’ve hardly trailed.

How sweet would a couple 4th quarter comeback be? Good way to shut up the Lamar haters and those that say the Ravens can’t play without a lead..

First and foremost, I want the Ravens to win the division.. obviously ... but I also wanna see some more adversity.

Last year there was none after week 4 and very rarely played from behind. I’m ok with an 11-5 or even a 10-6 this year, it’s not ideal by any means, but I think the team would be more battle tested come playoff time. I also wanna see Lamar work from behind some more this year, I doubt it happens with our D, but that’s literally the only thing I need to see from Lamar, it’s not a knock either because him and the offence have just been so good they’ve hardly trailed.

How sweet would a couple 4th quarter comeback be? Good way to shut up the Lamar haters and those that say the Ravens can’t play without a lead..

Or we could just go the whole way without ever falling behind and not have to worry.