• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JAAM

Hall of Famer
it's possible but i doubt those inside the building have paid any attention to any media narratives about us in the same way that the fans have

and given the way the 2019 season ended i doubt there's any complacency involved

in all honesty i imagine it's about the lack of time together and the stilted offseason - outside of the chiefs offence when they played us i've really not seen any other offences clicking on all cylinders yet

if it was just the ravens not exploding in the same way then id give the idea more credence but its a league-wide phenomenon

add it to the fact that we just ran into a buzzsaw and i think that's probably your answer - if it continues through october then we should start being worried that maybe it's not about the offence not clicking yet, this is just what the offence is going to look like this year

but it's too early to say - despite the drubbing the offensive line had their best game of the year
This. We were solid at best to start last season and never lost a single game after the Chiefs. We’ll be fine. We have some new pieces on both sides of the ball that need to get acclimated which was hard because of COVID. And like you said, we ran into a buzz saw that happened to be the defending champs who may very well repeat barring a major injury. I reallyyyyy hate to say this but it wouldn’t shock me if we only lost one game this season and I’m the furthest thing from a homer.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Time for Duvernay to start . We need Hollywood -Duvernay Combo out there.
God yes. I’m just about to give up on Boykin but he’s so damn good at run blocking. I haven’t seen enough of Duv in that aspect

rossihunter2

Staff Member
God yes. I’m just about to give up on Boykin but he’s so damn good at run blocking. I haven’t seen enough of Duv in that aspect

he doesnt even need to start to get more than 7 snaps a game - he's been a lightning rod, even if his playbook is somewhat limited you can still find more than 7 snaps for him

im not giving up on boykin yet at all but i would like to see more from him

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
he doesnt even need to start to get more than 7 snaps a game - he's been a lightning rod, even if his playbook is somewhat limited you can still find more than 7 snaps for him

im not giving up on boykin yet at all but i would like to see more from him
I think Duvernay will be a star in this league. Not sure about Boykin yet.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Has a harbaugh ravens team ever started 4-0? Idk if we’ve even been able to start 3-0.
2016 season. We started 3-0. Then, the fuckers would lose 4 in a row (all close ones too) to the Raiders, the team we're about to play tomorrow, Giants, and the Jets.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Has a harbaugh ravens team ever started 4-0? Idk if we’ve even been able to start 3-0.

2016 season. We started 3-0. Then, the fuckers would lose 4 in a row (all close ones too) to the Raiders, the team we're about to play tomorrow, Giants, and the Jets.

Never 4-0 but only 3-0 twice under Harbaugh, 2009 & 2016. Kinda crazy we never did it more than twice or even hit 4-0 at least once. Perhaps some day we will.....

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Perriman couldn't get two feet in bounds vs. the Skins and of course, Mosley fumbled the ball through the end zone.

OBJ burned us late when Tavon Young slipped vs. the Giants

Jets we never should have lost too

Raiders....ugh

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Perriman couldn't get two feet in bounds vs. the Skins and of course, Mosley fumbled the ball through the end zone.

Raiders....ugh
Shit was sad man... the perriman/maxx/buck Allen/mike Wallace/Jeremy maclin/Terrence west Ravens were a seriously sad bunch...

those names carried all of the ravens star power. What a sorry ass team lol

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lol man listen. Cowboys are in fact a well rounded team. Theyre playing bad right now but dont think it will be an automatic win.

They are not a well-rounded team. Their offensive line, which was the backbone of their team, is falling apart due to injuries and retirements. They have no TE play whatsoever and their defense is just not good. Everson Griffon has looked terrible, DLaw seems to be hurt, and while Aldon Smith has sacks, he is bad at everything but rushing the passer. Also their secondary is just atrocious.

They are a team that will win 6-7 games that would win 3-4 in a real division but because they play in the NFC East they will win that division by default. They are not a threat, they are a real playoff team, they are probably the 10th or 11th best team in the NFC.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

Raiders....ugh

Shit was sad man... the perriman/maxx/buck Allen/mike Wallace/Jeremy maclin/Terrence west Ravens were a seriously sad bunch...

those names carried all of the ravens star power. What a sorry ass team lol
-Raiders game - Aiken's bum ass should've held on to the catch. Would've put us in FG range to win it.
-WSH - don't remind me
-Giants - OBJ didn't do shit against Jimmy. Then Jimmy went out with concussion.
-Jets - Recovered a fumble only to fumble it and eventually they scored. Oh and we were scoreless in the 2nd half.

And then there was the Christmas Steelers game........the ending had me HOT.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
-Raiders game - Aiken's bum ass should've held on to the catch. Would've put us in FG range to win it.
-WSH - don't remind me
-Giants - OBJ didn't do shit against Jimmy. Then Jimmy went out with concussion.
-Jets - Recovered a fumble only to fumble it and eventually they scored. Oh and we were scoreless in the 2nd half.

And then there was the Christmas Steelers game........the ending had me HOT.
yep, forgot about the concussion, but Jimmy was only lined up against OBJ about 7 times. Those 7 times he was absolutely shut down.

I was watching the Christmas Steelers game on a cruise ship in the caribbean. There were more Ravens fans than Steelers fans in the packed room and we were all very quiet at the end of that game. I was listening to the Raiders game in the airport and absolutely remember the Aiken drop.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
They are not a well-rounded team. Their offensive line, which was the backbone of their team, is falling apart due to injuries and retirements. They have no TE play whatsoever and their defense is just not good. Everson Griffon has looked terrible, DLaw seems to be hurt, and while Aldon Smith has sacks, he is bad at everything but rushing the passer. Also their secondary is just atrocious.

They are a team that will win 6-7 games that would win 3-4 in a real division but because they play in the NFC East they will win that division by default. They are not a threat, they are a real playoff team, they are probably the 10th or 11th best team in the NFC.
Lmao ok

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
yep, forgot about the concussion, but Jimmy was only lined up against OBJ about 7 times. Those 7 times he was absolutely shut down.

I was watching the Christmas Steelers game on a cruise ship in the caribbean. There were more Ravens fans than Steelers fans in the packed room and we were all very quiet at the end of that game. I was listening to the Raiders game in the airport and absolutely remember the Aiken drop.
I was in London for the Steelers game. Needless to say, it was a STRUGGLE to fall asleep. Shout out to all of the UK Ravens fans in this forum. I don't know how you guys do it. The weird part about the Raiders game is that there were A LOT of Raiders fans in attendance.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I was in London for the Steelers game. Needless to say, it was a STRUGGLE to fall asleep. Shout out to all of the UK Ravens fans in this forum. I don't know how you guys do it. The weird part about the Raiders game is that there were A LOT of Raiders fans in attendance.
today a close win, isn't a win at all