• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Imagine what Jerick McKinnon was going through after signing with the injuries. This is his first actual playing season with them after his season ending injuries in back to back seasons before the regular season took place.

It's just terrible.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ryan Clark (who I really respect as an analyst) doesn’t have us in his top 5. I absolutely love not being in the spotlight anymore. We’re at our best when we go under the radar. Unfortunately, I don’t see us losing more than 3 games from here on out (Dallas, split with Pitt and MAYBE Tennessee) which puts as at 12-4 barring a major injury

Dallas is not a good team. They have a bad secondary, a bad front 7 and are built around doing the very thing the Ravens counter best (throwing to WRs).

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well after that KC game........

KC has an actual TE. Dallas has TEs who are not even good enough to be the backups on most teams and start on no teams. They are going to get torn to shreds.

The Patriots are more of a threat to beat the Ravens this season than the Cowboys are because the Patriots are a good team and the Cowboys well they are a team that plays in the NFC East.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
After having a few days to think about it and calm down, I still think we’re players to win it all this year.

the chiefs defense is a well oiled machine, the ravens defense has 5 new starters and like 4 more guys in heavy rotation that have never had a high snap count. Elliott, averett, Queen, Harrison, these guys have never had a near-starter role before except for emergency situations, these guys are going into games as nailed in starters or primary role players for the first time ever. 2 of our starting defensive linemen are 3 weeks into their ravens stints, and the third starter has been playing a different position for the past 3 years. This defense will take time to gel I’m hoping. The primary concern for me is judons lack of anything, he’s doing absolutely nothing out there and we desperately leaned on him to show out this season with all the help we’ve given him, other than that, I think this defense hits a stride. This is a newly pieced together defense that relies heavily on communication and timing and they had a stunted offseason while the chiefs are in year 3 of their same offense.

the offense will go on a tear after this, they didn’t just lose all of their talent, they had a horrible night, that’s all. I think the most optimistic thing we wanna see is the playcallers commit to the damn run which I really can’t believe is an issue for THIS TEAM, as long as the coaching staff can stick to the identity then our offense will get rolling.

I also think if we see the chiefs in the playoffs again, hopefully they do force the run and do well with it, I’m just really hoping a lesson was learned.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I think the FO got a little kick to hurry up and get Humphrey locked in after Monday night. He was one of the only players who showed up Monday night

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
KC has an actual TE. Dallas has TEs who are not even good enough to be the backups on most teams and start on no teams. They are going to get torn to shreds.

The Patriots are more of a threat to beat the Ravens this season than the Cowboys are because the Patriots are a good team and the Cowboys well they are a team that plays in the NFC East.
Lol man listen. Cowboys are in fact a well rounded team. Theyre playing bad right now but dont think it will be an automatic win.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
After having a few days to think about it and calm down, I still think we’re players to win it all this year.

the chiefs defense is a well oiled machine, the ravens defense has 5 new starters and like 4 more guys in heavy rotation that have never had a high snap count. Elliott, averett, Queen, Harrison, these guys have never had a near-starter role before except for emergency situations, these guys are going into games as nailed in starters or primary role players for the first time ever. 2 of our starting defensive linemen are 3 weeks into their ravens stints, and the third starter has been playing a different position for the past 3 years. This defense will take time to gel I’m hoping. The primary concern for me is judons lack of anything, he’s doing absolutely nothing out there and we desperately leaned on him to show out this season with all the help we’ve given him, other than that, I think this defense hits a stride. This is a newly pieced together defense that relies heavily on communication and timing and they had a stunted offseason while the chiefs are in year 3 of their same offense.

the offense will go on a tear after this, they didn’t just lose all of their talent, they had a horrible night, that’s all. I think the most optimistic thing we wanna see is the playcallers commit to the damn run which I really can’t believe is an issue for THIS TEAM, as long as the coaching staff can stick to the identity then our offense will get rolling.

I also think if we see the chiefs in the playoffs again, hopefully they do force the run and do well with it, I’m just really hoping a lesson was learned.
Even before this Kc game, our offensive wasnt as good. The plays that we run are soooo soft imo.offensive line is also soft. We need to get creative with our passing game cause that roll out shit is not gonna work.

He's really good. That's what makes KC more dangerous, everyone gameplans for Mahomes and stopping the passing attack then EHC kills you in the run game.

64 yards off 20 carries. Take away his one big run and he was going at 2.5 a carry. JK was running at 6. Shame we only handed it off to him once

Reactions: cdp

JAAM

Hall of Famer

JAAM

Hall of Famer
CEH looks really good or was it only vs us?
He’s really good. Just another element to that offense that we need to worry about. His cuts and passing catching ability are ridiculous. Or maybe I’m just bias because I drafted him at 1.12 in fantasy.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Does anyone think there is any merit to what I'm about to ask? Does anyone think it's possible that the reason we've been relatively flat both on offense and on defense might be because we were really good last year and in the off-season it was kinda perceived that through the draft and free agency we got better and the Lamar was gonna take another step. All of this culminated into us just kinda expecting to win sort of no matter what. It's not talking about a looking past people kinda thing, I mean a not having the same real passion for competition because we don't feel like every week is super meaningful to our playoff chances. I think if you throw what I just said on top of a virtual off-season and you're very early on in a season with new people it could explain some of what we're seeing. I could be wrong, but I feel like I'm not seeing the passion we were showing last year. Granted last year we may have had the passion because we wanted to keep the streak alive and strive for excellence, but this year something feels different.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Does anyone think there is any merit to what I'm about to ask? Does anyone think it's possible that the reason we've been relatively flat both on offense and on defense might be because we were really good last year and in the off-season it was kinda perceived that through the draft and free agency we got better and the Lamar was gonna take another step. All of this culminated into us just kinda expecting to win sort of no matter what. It's not talking about a looking past people kinda thing, I mean a not having the same real passion for competition because we don't feel like every week is super meaningful to our playoff chances. I think if you throw what I just said on top of a virtual off-season and you're very early on in a season with new people it could explain some of what we're seeing. I could be wrong, but I feel like I'm not seeing the passion we were showing last year. Granted last year we may have had the passion because we wanted to keep the streak alive and strive for excellence, but this year something feels different.

it's possible but i doubt those inside the building have paid any attention to any media narratives about us in the same way that the fans have

and given the way the 2019 season ended i doubt there's any complacency involved

in all honesty i imagine it's about the lack of time together and the stilted offseason - outside of the chiefs offence when they played us i've really not seen any other offences clicking on all cylinders yet

if it was just the ravens not exploding in the same way then id give the idea more credence but its a league-wide phenomenon

add it to the fact that we just ran into a buzzsaw and i think that's probably your answer - if it continues through october then we should start being worried that maybe it's not about the offence not clicking yet, this is just what the offence is going to look like this year

but it's too early to say - despite the drubbing the offensive line had their best game of the year