• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Corvus Purpura

Practice Squad
I mostly just lurk here and enjoy the player breakdowns from people who watch film - something I've never done. (I also had a different name on BR, but it was "too long" to transfer here.) I don't lurk on the politics forum and, frankly, wish there wasn't one. All I can really see it doing is making people hate one another, as there's no chance anyone is going to change their minds based on another poster's perspective. I no longer live in Maryland, but one thing that really helped make me become and stay a Ravens fan is how much of a community passion it was. If I saw someone else on game day wearing purple, it didn't matter how different they were from me, there was an instant conversation and connection to be had. Loved that. The politics thread just gives people reasons to get all pissy, take their ball and go home.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I remember MomGene. She was cool in the beginning then became unbearable. Pretty quick transformation. The only one I really had a rapport with was B-Rad or whatever his name was
Yeah we didn't get along. She ultimately perma-banned me from the Comments section, which I was already not really posting in anyway.
She was a Joe Flacco fan, not a Ravens fan. The last few years of his tenure, she pretty much would only post to defend him, had horrific takes that were half the time just flat out lies, and the other half just bad opinions that weren't rooted in any data or knowledge, and I don't think she ever actually watched games.

The end was quite comical. She spent the last half of the 2018 season complaining about how Joe got a bad rap and that it was a conspiracy that "the FO had to get Lamar in there", and she spent the entire 2018 offseason bashing the organization for not yanking Lamar out of the playoff loss and putting Joe in, because he supposedly was a mortal lock to "bring us back".

Then by about week 2-3 of the 2019 season, when it was clear Lamar was playing amazing and that the Joe Flacco era was long-since dead, she basically stopped posting all together. I don't even know if she's a mod there anymore. She confessed prior to 2019 that she would be spending more time watching Joe in Denver than she would watching the Ravens. Not something you typically want to hear from a moderator of a sports organization's website comments section.

I'm pretty sure she's either no longer a mod there or posts nothing, out of fear of being ridiculed for her bad takes and for her odd infatuation with Flacco.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Yeah we didn't get along. She ultimately perma-banned me from the Comments section, which I was already not really posting in anyway.
She was a Joe Flacco fan, not a Ravens fan. The last few years of his tenure, she pretty much would only post to defend him, had horrific takes that were half the time just flat out lies, and the other half just bad opinions that weren't rooted in any data or knowledge, and I don't think she ever actually watched games.

The end was quite comical. She spent the last half of the 2018 season complaining about how Joe got a bad rap and that it was a conspiracy that "the FO had to get Lamar in there", and she spent the entire 2018 offseason bashing the organization for not yanking Lamar out of the playoff loss and putting Joe in, because he supposedly was a mortal lock to "bring us back".

Then by about week 2-3 of the 2019 season, when it was clear Lamar was playing amazing and that the Joe Flacco era was long-since dead, she basically stopped posting all together. I don't even know if she's a mod there anymore. She confessed prior to 2019 that she would be spending more time watching Joe in Denver than she would watching the Ravens. Not something you typically want to hear from a moderator of a sports organization's website comments section.

I'm pretty sure she's either no longer a mod there or posts nothing, out of fear of being ridiculed for her bad takes and for her odd infatuation with Flacco.
I do remember her infatuation with Joe. Whenever I’d criticize him, she’d be quick to the rescue. Her and a handful of others were the reason we started to use the word “apologists”, lol. Man, those Mods were the absolute worst. The only one I truly enjoyed chatting with was TheFranchise (name?). He disappeared though unfortunately.

Reactions: cdp

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mostly just lurk here and enjoy the player breakdowns from people who watch film - something I've never done. (I also had a different name on BR, but it was "too long" to transfer here.) I don't lurk on the politics forum and, frankly, wish there wasn't one. All I can really see it doing is making people hate one another, as there's no chance anyone is going to change their minds based on another poster's perspective. I no longer live in Maryland, but one thing that really helped make me become and stay a Ravens fan is how much of a community passion it was. If I saw someone else on game day wearing purple, it didn't matter how different they were from me, there was an instant conversation and connection to be had. Loved that. The politics thread just gives people reasons to get all pissy, take their ball and go home.
I addressed this a few times elsewhere, but I'll say it again:
1. I've been posting here for a few years now, and I didn't even realize there was a politics section for a long time.
2. If people are going to take the time to post in a politics section, and then get all butt hurt about people who share divergent opinions from them, I don't know that I'm that concerned about whether you post here or not. Its a forum. Regardless of what the topic is, people are going to disagree. If you're actively seeking out posts and giving your opinions, and can't stand to be challenged on them or pushed back on for them, forums probably aren't for you, and you're better off being gone.

Precisely one of the big drivers of the death of the BR.com forums, as well as the cesspool of the Comments section and its moderators. It basically turned into a little "safe space", where everybody was allowed to spread lies, give bad hot takes, etc., and nobody was allowed to challenge them on their misinformation or their lack of knowledge. Basically, you could accuse John Harbaugh of being a racist, and not get banned or have to support that opinion whatsoever, yet if I challenged you on that opinion and criticized you for not providing any proof, I was the one that was deemed out of line.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I wonder what Campanaro is up to nowadays other than tweeting 8549 times a day. No way dude made enough money to be chilling. Just curious what his next life is lol

he made about 2.5m which is a fairly decent chunk of change for 6 years (and college's) worth of work

no idea what he's doing now but he seems to do some radio appearances etc. but idk if he makes anything out of it

depressingly he might be in the top 5 Ravens WRs ever drafted despite being a 7th round pick with frequent muscular injuries lol

redrum52

Hall of Famer

I do remember her infatuation with Joe. Whenever I’d criticize him, she’d be quick to the rescue. Her and a handful of others were the reason we started to use the word “apologists”, lol. Man, those Mods were the absolute worst. The only one I truly enjoyed chatting with was TheFranchise (name?). He disappeared though unfortunately.

A few "fans" jumped ship when they thought Flacco was done dirty. lol. Had made the claims for years some were just Flacco fans posing as Ravens fans and was proven right by a few. Two that come to mind were RavensDFan and crabcruncher.

You're right about the boards. Regardless of what proof you might have for an argument, it wouldn't make a difference. Obvious favoritism as well. Don't think they were too fond of me. Remember quoting myself on a bad take or something, then jokingly mocked myself and was suspended. Had seen people say much worse with no punishment.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I do remember Berat? Who was ok though.
Unfortunately we lost a couple of guys but I'm still thankful for this board. The alternatives are... not my cup of tea

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I do remember Berat? Who was ok though.
Unfortunately we lost a couple of guys but I'm still thankful for this board. The alternatives are... not my cup of tea
Yea Berad? Berat? Was pretty cool, but he turned on me when I got into it with Maryland1 unfortunately. The Mods over there had their own chat group and would gossip over members

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Yea Berad? Berat? Was pretty cool, but he turned on me when I got into it with Maryland1 unfortunately. The Mods over there had their own chat group and would gossip over members
Berad. I saw him posting under today's late for work.

Side note, remember the crazy guy posting dick pics and going after Berad on the last day of the board?

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm not surprised in the slightest. Its just a way to play "God", like a kid with an ant farm.

I actually emailed/messaged the the PR higher-ups at BR several times in the past about their moderators selective enforcement of rules, hypocrisies, etc. Naturally it never went anywhere, and I'm pretty sure the website itself doesn't actually care about commenters on its articles or its forums. Realistically, as long as you're not posting profanity or racial slurs, they just let the mods run the show however they want.

Towards the end, it was more fun picking on the mods than anything. The frequent "posters" were too stupid to realize you were mocking them, and they would complain to the mods anytime somebody had a differing opinion from their own. So the only people left to engage with were the mods, and they frequently just gave bad opinions and then accused me of "attacking" their little safe space.

As I said earlier... it was, and as far as I can tell, still is, totally acceptable to like accuse a member of the Ravens organization of being a child molester, without any support. But if you insinuate that a fellow poster might be a moron (which most were), it was like a major no-no.

It truly was the bizarro world.

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

where did you find her in 2018 or was that just from social media on the br forum, because she's not on PF.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Side note, remember the crazy guy posting dick pics and going after Berad on the last day of the board?
damn, you really should try and get ahold of him. We lost a lot of members due to them not knowing where we are...

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
where did you find her in 2018 or was that just from social media on the br forum, because she's not on PF.
She was the mod on the Comment section of BR.com. Pretty sure the boards were gone by then. I guess technically the comment section is run through Disqus at this point.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
damn, you really should try and get ahold of him. We lost a lot of members due to them not knowing where we are...

they were definitely gone. This board opened up in May 2017
Yeah they switched over to just the Disqus comment sections after closing the forum. Easy enough to contact anybody that you see there if you want to make a disqus account.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah they switched over to just the Disqus comment sections after closing the forum. Easy enough to contact anybody that you see there if you want to make a disqus account.
Yes. Except for me, who appears to have gotten an IP address ban (or some variation thereof) from anything BR.com related. I tried creating multiple new usernames with various email addresses, and I got banned immediately after doing so.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Good lord. I was mainly texting Lost that whole day and never signed on until the very last few minutes. Good thing I missed that lmao