• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/1/...rch-chiefs-eric-bieniemy-vance-joseph-broncos

this is a fairly brief rundown of the "issues"

for me personally the only big thing is the stuff at Colorado while he was a coach there but it seems like he had very little to do with it and was only even hired right as the scandal was already being litigated and in court

that being said - i had no idea about any of that stuff about Colorado from 1997-2002 - it's amazing the different viewpoints towards sexual violence and domestic violence at that time (only 20ish years ago) allowed for literally zero accountability for those women - they got no justice at all
Yea if anyone bring up that petty past they deserve to lose their job cause at that point, we already know what the real reasoning is.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Swap out Hollywood with Deebo. Do you really believe Roman is going to scheme for this guy? They had Deebo get a screen, sweep, had him run Slants, a 15-20 yard Out where he started in the slot from the right side and they let him run himself open, and some more short yardage stuff.

Basically he is doing what we thought we would have Duv and Hollywood doing to some extent. It appears we do the sweep and short stuff a few times to Duv and send Hollywood deep. That's it.
I wanna see dez and boykin outside and just let rest of guys kill from slot. At some point you have to try new things. Tight end motioning is soooo weak every play. Motion wr more so it can help lamar read the defense. Those welker, and edleman motions in NE, man you would think those guys are running routes on their own lol. I actually wonder if edleman was given like 2-3 option routes he could run on some of his plays that he and brady seen fit during play

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I wanna see dez and boykin outside and just let rest of guys kill from slot. At some point you have to try new things. Tight end motioning is soooo weak every play. Motion wr more so it can help lamar read the defense. Those welker, and edleman motions in NE, man you would think those guys are running routes on their own lol. I actually wonder if edleman was given like 2-3 option routes he could run on some of his plays that he and brady seen fit during play

Option routes were a massive part of Edelman and Brady’s success - Edelman would have 2 routes he could run and the coverage post-snap would choose what he ran - the trick was they had to read the coverage post-snap the same way

it’s not uncommon for players to have to adjust routes but Edelman and Brady had such good chemistry that it made them seem telepathic at times

with Snead out I hope it gives us more opportunities to either get Hollywood in the slot or to see James proche get snaps

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Me: Done believing everything is lining up like it did it in 2012, I am done with 2012 theories.
NFL: Schedules a Wednesday Game for the first time since....... 2012.

Why can't it just go away....

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Me: Done believing everything is lining up like it did it in 2012, I am done with 2012 theories.
NFL: Schedules a Wednesday Game for the first time since....... 2012.

Why can't it just go away....
The football gods are playing mind tricks on you. Don't get sucked into the trap. esruC neddaM.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Two random thoughts.

1. I don't fuck with the black on whites ESPECIALLY at daytime. Shit don't work.
2. Fuck Stephen Gostkowski. Will make every FG against us but choke like a bitch against the Steelers.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Guys, I’ve done it...

I got a ravens coffee mug this year, I loved the mug and used it all the time. I left it in a very obscure place in my room and eventually forgot it existed, this was back during the week of the WFT game, Lamar had the worst game of his career the next week against the bengals.

I found the mug today, and it will go back into regular rotation.

the curse has been broken guys, it’s comeback szn

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Guys, I’ve done it...

I got a ravens coffee mug this year, I loved the mug and used it all the time. I left it in a very obscure place in my room and eventually forgot it existed, this was back during the week of the WFT game, Lamar had the worst game of his career the next week against the bengals.

Thank God some of us are doing something to turn it around!!

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Guys, I’ve done it...

Nah, you can only use this mug from now on until we get MVP Lamar back. Failure to do so will get you thrown into the Pit of Misery. DILLY DILLY

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
So browns got titans, us and steelers left. Steelers could very well sit their starters last game of season, therefore our best bet is to win out.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I’m seeing lots of optimism around here that we make a run, and I get it, but the realist in me is worried about what kind of performance we get once the guys return. We have a lot of players with Covid and it’s unreasonable to expect none to have lingering effects, at the very least a few players are gonna see a decline, and some guys might just be counting down the weeks until this fucked up season is over.

harbs is gonna define his career the remainder of this season, does he take this gutsy performance and get the team going and make a run? Or does he lose the locker room? I’m not sure he hasn’t already but I won’t judge based off of this crazy week.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m seeing lots of optimism around here that we make a run, and I get it, but the realist in me is worried about what kind of performance we get once the guys return. We have a lot of players with Covid and it’s unreasonable to expect none to have lingering effects, at the very least a few players are gonna see a decline, and some guys might just be counting down the weeks until this fucked up season is over.

harbs is gonna define his career the remainder of this season, does he take this gutsy performance and get the team going and make a run? Or does he lose the locker room? I’m not sure he hasn’t already but I won’t judge based off of this crazy week.
Harbs lost the locker room? Why do you think so?

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor

Well I mean if we see declining production from players due to lingering effects of COVID, it would obviously be unreasonable to put losses that occur from that on the HC's shoulders. That would be on the players shoulders since, you know, they're the one's not playing as well and they're the one's that got COVID.

There's virtually nothing that's going to happen this year that's going to impact Harbs' career in a negative way. If the wheels fall off, he's got the world's foremost excuse for why it did baked in already. Losing to good teams in close games, like Pittsburgh and Tennessee, won't be what defined this season. Those are coin flip games that can go any direction already.

Without COVID, I'd have agreed with you. You take a healthy team and get beat by Dallas or some of the other guys we've got coming up, and Harbs has problems. But with a roster ravaged by COVID, its an easy out.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
So browns got titans, us and steelers left. Steelers could very well sit their starters last game of season, therefore our best bet is to win out.
I don't see many scenarios where Pittsburgh has the luxury of resting starters. It would require them to win their next 4 games and the Chiefs losing at least once.
They'll likely have to play all the way through to get the #1 seed.

The Browns aren't the one's I think we're competing against. I think they're a 10-11 win team already. They, like all of the AFC North, have a very favorable schedule.

Miami only has one more easy win on their schedule, which is this week. They finish with Chiefs, Patriots, Raiders and Bills. If they lose 3 out of 4 or all 4, it wouldn't surprise me. I think they go 9-7.

Raiders have a more favorable schedule, but still have to play Indy, LA and the Dolphins. I think they'll be 9-7 or 10-6 also.

I have no idea what Indy will look like. Still play Pittsburgh, Raiders and Houston twice. I probably like their chances of getting to 10 wins more than most.

So I think if we go 10-6, we'll end up with tiebreakers with Cleveland and probably Indy. I think the Raiders and Dolphins are going to be on the outside looking in.