• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer

Players going to the draft:

u0wVe_.gif

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Maybe this says it totally is.

it would be highly surprising given the strength of the class

worth pointing out that 6 went in the 1st round in 2020 (and 2 more with the first 2 picks of the 2nd round too)

im not expecting that many this year - but it would surprise me a lot if it was only 3 in the first round - the idea that the ravens, saints, packers, bills and chiefs all pass on a WR is pretty farfetched to me

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
it would be highly surprising given the strength of the class

worth pointing out that 6 went in the 1st round in 2020 (and 2 more with the first 2 picks of the 2nd round too)

im not expecting that many this year - but it would surprise me a lot if it was only 3 in the first round - the idea that the ravens, saints, packers, bills and chiefs all pass on a WR is pretty farfetched to me

Yeah I wouldn't predict it to happen, but over the last 2 decades that data shows its not even close to impossible. My guess personally is the top 3 fo within the first 15, then number four comes off the table in the early 20s and then everyone finds themselves in a value issue and we don't see number 5 till day 2.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah I wouldn't predict it to happen, but over the last 2 decades that data shows its not even close to impossible. My guess personally is the top 3 fo within the first 15, then number four comes off the table in the early 20s and then everyone finds themselves in a value issue and we don't see number 5 till day 2.

i thought that would happen last year too though tbh - and then 6 guys were off the board before the ravens even picked
i do think it's possible we see as many as 5 guys gone before the ravens pick this year

Simba

Staff Member
Lamar and Hollywood's friendship brings me joy. Been fun watching all of the videos over the last few days. Putting in the work but also out having some fun. Glad they can do the stupid, but fun shit they're doing. Much better than the stupid illegal shit we usually see during the offseason from young guys.

Reactions: cdp

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Lamar and Hollywood's friendship brings me joy. Been fun watching all of the videos over the last few days. Putting in the work but also out having some fun. Glad they can do the stupid, but fun shit they're doing. Much better than the stupid illegal shit we usually see during the offseason from young guys.

and i like that they're bringing the other guys with them - seems like JK's been with them the whole time in arizona and so has sammy - they all went there to meet up with mark andrews lol

i really am rooting for this passing game to become something because i love all these guys and i want them to be successful - and i want them to be successful together - im very much rooting for hollywood and lamar to be on this team together for a longtime - hollywood's got some production to do to get to that point but he's on his way

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

and i like that they're bringing the other guys with them - seems like JK's been with them the whole time in arizona and so has sammy - they all went there to meet up with mark andrews lol

i really am rooting for this passing game to become something because i love all these guys and i want them to be successful - and i want them to be successful together - im very much rooting for hollywood and lamar to be on this team together for a longtime - hollywood's got some production to do to get to that point but he's on his way
Seeing them shooting hoops in the store made me chuckle a bit because I remember doing that a lot when I was younger. Couldn't resist lol. I totally believe that Lamar would've cried if we won a Super Bowl in Miami. That shit would've been legendary.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Bucky Brooks went on TV yesterday and threw out an idea that if Fields fall within range, Ravens should consider trading up for fields and dumping Lamar because it’s Greg Romans scheme that makes the QB and to take advantage of rookie QB money. Today, he doubled down on Twitter..

Why do people disrespect my man so much.. wild.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Bucky Brooks went on TV yesterday and threw out an idea that if Fields fall within range, Ravens should consider trading up for fields and dumping Lamar because it’s Greg Romans scheme that makes the QB and to take advantage of rookie QB money. Today, he doubled down on Twitter..

Why do people disrespect my man so much.. wild.

I was strongly considering sharing what he said yesterday on these boards but decided not to due to how ludicrous this was. This is why the draft can NOT come sooner now because these folks are bored. @Ellicottraven , they really be disrespecting your "adopted son."