• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
May I offer you a nice egg in this trying time?
Napoleonic.jpeg

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I’m watching the ravens first super bowl for no good reason, and it is apparent that there were 2 matchups that defined this game, ray Lewis vs tiki barber, and the ravens receivers vs Trent dilfer.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
It's funny seeing the NFLPA release statements saying how the players are opting out of VOLUNTARY workouts. You know something they didn't have to attend anyway but feel the need to announce they aren't going to something they didn't need to go to. It's like not being invited to a party and announcing you weren't planning on going to anyway.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It's funny seeing the NFLPA release statements saying how the players are opting out of VOLUNTARY workouts. You know something they didn't have to attend anyway but feel the need to announce they aren't going to something they didn't need to go to. It's like not being invited to a party and announcing you weren't planning on going to anyway.

also the fact that some players will be turning up anyway because they get workout bonuses that they won't want to lose...

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well, to be fair, in a normal year, its relatively "expected" that you would show up. Perhaps not for a 10 year vet, but rookies not showing up for voluntary OTAs certainly isn't going to be perceived as "favorable" by the coaching staff. Most of the NFL should be participating because they're fighting for roster spots, need to improve, etc.

The NFLPA taking a public stance like this is all just political posturing essentially. They're still unhappy with covid protocols and they don't like these OTAs to begin with (as they continue to lobby for less and less practice), so its a convenient way for them to opt out of something that, yes, wasn't required to begin with.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

JAAM

Hall of Famer

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yea this is sickening but is it odd I’m not surprised?

I'm not surprised either. It's always been pretty apparent that he has some mental issues so hearing about this does not surprise me in the least. I'm just glad they were able to catch him before he could do any harm to an actual person.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Yea this is sickening but is it odd I’m not surprised?

I'm not surprised either. It's always been pretty apparent that he has some mental issues so hearing about this does not surprise me in the least. I'm just glad they were able to catch him before he could do any harm to an actual person.
The saddest part is that he's been exposed before. ColdRaven on YouTube has been exposing him.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Something that never makes any sense to me is why our wide receivers are not made better by our secondary. There's always so much iron sharpens iron talk, but like there's nothing to show thats true. Shouldn't it be a real luxury to have our receivers have to work hard against quality players in practice? The majority of secondaries are worse than ours. Idk it just makes me wonder what practice is like. Does the defense just destroy our offense? If not, why doesn't it translate to games?

You can't work on your craft if you're constantly being sent to Alcatraz