• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I was strongly considering sharing what he said yesterday on these boards but decided not to due to how ludicrous this was. This is why the draft can NOT come sooner now because these folks are bored. @Ellicottraven , they really be disrespecting your "adopted son."

When you gotta add in the “no disrespect..” before hitting us with your point, there’s gonna be disrespect in the words you’re about to say. Lol

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I was strongly considering sharing what he said yesterday on these boards but decided not to due to how ludicrous this was. This is why the draft can NOT come sooner now because these folks are bored. @Ellicottraven , they really be disrespecting your "adopted son."
that tweet got me mad. Just because a QB can run does not make him Lamar worthy. Send Brooks to the Pit of Misery and throw away the key, it should have been done years ago.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Bucky Brooks went on TV yesterday and threw out an idea that if Fields fall within range, Ravens should consider trading up for fields and dumping Lamar because it’s Greg Romans scheme that makes the QB and to take advantage of rookie QB money. Today, he doubled down on Twitter..

Why do people disrespect my man so much.. wild.

It was refreshing seeing fans of other teams defending Lamar in that thread

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Bucky Brooks went on TV yesterday and threw out an idea that if Fields fall within range, Ravens should consider trading up for fields and dumping Lamar because it’s Greg Romans scheme that makes the QB and to take advantage of rookie QB money. Today, he doubled down on Twitter..

1. Justin Fields and Lamar are not really that comparable at the QB position. Pretty much every QB in college can move like Fields can.
2. I have literally no idea what "falls within range" means. Fields isn't making it out of the top 15, and I'd say him falling beyond 10 is unlikely also. The "range" to trade up at that point is probably like 3 first rounders, which is well outside the scope of what we're doing.
3. Greg Roman isn't an Andy Reid or Bill Walsh-level play caller, where he can just churn through personnel, win a bunch of games, and get lifetime guarantees of an OC position on the team. There's no guarantee he's even the OC here in 12 months or longer. He could get fired, or he could get hired as a HC somewhere else. So there's no way an organization is making personnel decisions of that magnitude for a coordinator or assistant coach.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

Wow, that’s the kind of move that gets the entire front office fired.

Also interesting and curious to see if it could work..... but I’d rather pay lamar and stay in playoff contention then go down that rabbit hole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I've gone to town on Uncle Tom Bucky my friend! Every chance I got. I've called him an untalented shock jock wannabe, a low quality player that couldn't sustain himself as a player and hence turned into a miserable, hateful scout. So much more venom I didn't know I had just came spewing out. You go after my adopted child in such a hateful manner, daddy comes for you even though he may be old and puny.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
It was refreshing seeing fans of other teams defending Lamar in that thread
I really wish their job depended on how accurate or how much sense it makes cause i promise 98% of them would be out of a job..
i really cant wait for the day athletes start calling them our everytime

Reactions: cdp

Simba

Staff Member
Marlon Brown is retiring. I'll always remember him for the Vikings game in 2013.

I don't mean this as any disrespect, but I do think it's funny when guys who haven't played in the league in years feel the need to formally retire lol

But ultimate respect to him as a player. He was a nice little piece in his rookie year. Unfortunately never progressed from there but he made it a lot further than most UDFAs do

I don't mean this as any disrespect, but I do think it's funny when guys who haven't played in the league in years feel the need to formally retire lol

But ultimate respect to him as a player. He was a nice little piece in his rookie year. Unfortunately never progressed from there but he made it a lot further than most UDFAs do

Can't get into the HOF until you've retired.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor

Yeah I would call this "odd" also. I guess it's just his way of saying he's no longer going to train to be an NFL player and hope somebody calls.

He hasn't been on an NFL roster since October 2018, and he hasn't played in an NFL game since 2015. So yeah, when you haven't played in a game in 5 seasons, I think its long, long, long past time to move on.

Random hypothetical for the board: if, for some weird reason, Trevor Lawrence was there at 27, would you take him?

Ignore the fact that him falling makes you suspicious, I'm basically asking would you trade Lamar in for Lawrence?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Random hypothetical for the board: if, for some weird reason, Trevor Lawrence was there at 27, would you take him?

Ignore the fact that him falling makes you suspicious, I'm basically asking would you trade Lamar in for Lawrence?

tough question - i think he struggles in the same ways that lamar struggles but has a stronger arm, but lamar's a much better athlete
i know it's not what the groupthink would suggest but i'd have more hesitation if justin fields were there - i think the ceiling for Fields is so high that if he was there at 27 and we didn't have to give up anything else to get him - that i probably would take him even with lamar in the building if only to see what he could be

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Like I said, Bateman.......#SIIE.

where could that report possibly have come from though?
nothing escapes that draft room that they don't want to leave...

so either someone's lying, or this has been deliberately put out there for a purpose

if it's true then i love it - and it seems obvious but my guess is they're targeting 1 of these 4 guys: Bateman, Marshall, Moore and Toney... I'd be surprised if it was Rondale Moore but they clearly value athleticism highly - 4 of those 5 ran sub-4.4 and the slowest was bateman who ran a 4.43

of those my guess is it's marshall or bateman because of the interest in higgins in 2020

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
tough question - i think he struggles in the same ways that lamar struggles but has a stronger arm, but lamar's a much better athlete
i know it's not what the groupthink would suggest but i'd have more hesitation if justin fields were there - i think the ceiling for Fields is so high that if he was there at 27 and we didn't have to give up anything else to get him - that i probably would take him even with lamar in the building if only to see what he could be
I think if either Lawrence or Fields fell, we would draft them. I don't think it would happen with any other QBs.

Simba

Staff Member
Whoever put this out here is going to be fired. Nothing leaks out of the Castle, feel like EDC wanted to see who he could trust to keep things a secret. That person failed.

Or it's a smokescreen. Don't take all of these reports at face value.