• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
is it his eye you dont trust - or is it what he says in pressers you dont trust?

we dont criticise EDC for the shit he says in pressers because we know he's lying lol

wink's not gonna criticise the new 1st round pick in his introductory press conference lol

I could only imagine... “Yeah, to be completely honest, this guy sucks and I have no idea why we drafted him”

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
This is exactly what I was referring to when I said his pressers about our pass rush prospects make me cringe, because after this interview, and hearing him talk in cliches and talk about raw straight line speed regarding oweh, I’m not sure I trust his eye for pass rush talent
he does throw out cliches. "....and when they come (sacks), they'll come in bunches..."

redrum52

Hall of Famer
The thing with Ferguson though is, anything he was talking about should’ve been cross referenced with the film and it should’ve been immediately determined that he was full of shit tryna fake it til he makes it.

I think I'd pay to just watch you review your boy Sack Daddy's film for an hour.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
And he made some awful decisions with the Broncos when he was their DC, so I wouldn’t judge it by that year either lol. You’re right
I believe it was his first year as a coordinator and they had lost Von Miller for the season that year. Atleast he had a chance to learn his lesson with the horses, before he became one of the best DC's in the league with us.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
is it his eye you dont trust - or is it what he says in pressers you dont trust?

we dont criticise EDC for the shit he says in pressers because we know he's lying lol

wink's not gonna criticise the new 1st round pick in his introductory press conference lol
Fair point but I hate hearing what he has to say about pass rushers lol. It all sounds like a crock of shit

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Fair point but I hate hearing what he has to say about pass rushers lol. It all sounds like a crock of shit

probably because it is a crock of shit - he's much more open and honest about players when he's actually got his hands on them - you'll notice he's said very little about ferg since that draft presser - basically said nothing about him during the 2020 season iirc... last time i remember him really referencing ferguson's play in any way was talking about replacing him with jihad ward later on in the 2019 49ers game where we were getting gashed outside until he made that change...

we'll see what happens with oweh but i wouldnt really trust what wink said in his intro presser - although it's probably at least somewhat telling that he namechecked the indiana game

JO_75

Hall of Famer
We going to do a separate thread for the Schedule Release on Wednesday? Tickets will go on sale starting Wednesday for 2021 Games when the schedule is released.

Given the Orioles are playing at home on the 12th, it's likely we start the season on the road unless we play Monday Night the 13th. Week 3, the Orioles are also at home so it's likely we are on the road two of the first three weeks of the season. Our first Thursday Night home game won't be until October 7th at the earliest due to the O's playing at home every Thursday Night once the NFL season starts.

I'm just more curious when we will play the Raiders so I can start trying to get flight and hotel booked for that weekend in Vegas.

Last edited:

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
We going to do a separate thread for the Schedule Release on Wednesday? Tickets will go on sale starting Wednesday for 2021 Games when the schedule is released.

Given the Orioles are playing at home on the 12th, it's likely we start the season on the road unless we play Monday Night the 13th. Week 3, the Orioles are also at home so it's likely we are on the road two of the first three weeks of the season. Our first Thursday Night home game won't be until October 7th at the earliest due to the O's playing at home every Thursday Night once the NFL season starts.

I'm just more curious when we will play the Raiders so I can start trying to get flight and hotel booked for that weekend in Vegas.
Fucking orioles ugh. They aren’t even good. My favorite part about the quarter system is that I was going to try and plan a trip to see a game before stuff starts up. Hopefully we get a good week 2 schedule.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

Have the ravens released anything regarding capacity?

Corvus Purpura

Practice Squad

I don't think they can have any real idea right now how many they'll allow into the stadium at that time. I'm sure they'll sell all of the tickets and decide whether or not to honor them later; i.e., they'll give refunds or credits for future game tickets if they can't fill to capacity. Pretty sure they did that last year.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I would say that, pending some sort of surge in the late fall, it's going to be pretty difficult for States to justify capacity restrictions at outdoor sporting events come September.

You've already got multiple States allowing capacity seating at outdoor events, with no notable "surges" or issues to be found. At some point, even the most liberal of States are going to have to look at themselves and be like "do we really want to turn down all this economic revenue, when the science isn't really supporting it".