• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i guess they were lukewarm on the receiver class at best so didnt chase the position in the draft
I'm confused though I really like day 2 for receivers. Like perhaps the best day 2 I've seen yet. This wr class got shit on badly simply because there was no Julio caliber guys

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm confused though I really like day 2 for receivers. Like perhaps the best day 2 I've seen yet. This wr class got shit on badly simply because there was no Julio caliber guys
I kinda agree, but it seems like a lot of NFL GMs weren't happy with this WR class given how far many of them fell in the draft.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

oh i agree but i guess the ravens werent hot on the receivers who were there - based on our organisation's form at that position we're gonna see 4-5 instant pro bowlers lol

although rumours are that one of the players we wanted who got sniped ahead of us by another team was James Washington

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
oh i agree but i guess the ravens werent hot on the receivers who were there - based on our organisation's form at that position we're gonna see 4-5 instant pro bowlers lol

although rumours are that one of the players we wanted who got sniped ahead of us by another team was James Washington
I can imagine we were really high on Washington. I had been predicting that for a while

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I can imagine we were really high on Washington. I had been predicting that for a while

yeah some comments decosta made were interpreted as suggesting that 2 guys in particular we liked who got take ahead of us were Mark Walton and James Washington (although given how unspecific his comments were it could be conceivable that DJ Chark (take 1 pick later) was the guy we were into)

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
yeah some comments decosta made were interpreted as suggesting that 2 guys in particular we liked who got take ahead of us were Mark Walton and James Washington (although given how unspecific his comments were it could be conceivable that DJ Chark (take 1 pick later) was the guy we were into)
yeah i implied both of them as well, both picks just screamed ravens, washington screamed ozzie and walton screamed decosta.

if it was DJ Chark i wouldve said good fucking riddance to ozzie, wouldve shown that they never learned their lesson.

still iffy about hurst over ridley or moore. moore looks WAY more impressive athletically in panthers OTAs than he ever looked in college, he has gained an entire fucking step of speed and quickness, and ridleys game is just rare, that level of explosion and savvy is just unseen from rookies, hes like chad johnson in his prime when you watch him on film. that said... anthony miller still has me salty as fuck.

I don't think we gave half a fuck abou drafting a wr. Strongly evidenced by our choices in FA and taking 2 TEs
Yup, the fact that Ozzie passed on the other top receiver, who was from Bama, pretty much tells you all you need to know about how we felt about this receiving class.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I think it was a combination of how the felt about the class, how they view Hurst and the fact it was a need. Also, according to the guys who watch film here, he was one of the most pro ready players.

I'd also like to say I said we we're going TE or OL as the draft was happening from how they kept moving around.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
decosta said the hardest part of the entire draft was hurst or ridley. i dont think we ever saw dj moore in the same light as the panthers, im willing to bet he was graded a whole tier below hurst and ridley. and both were pro ready so i dont think you can really say that was the difference.

i think the main things that played into the decision were:
1. hurst has grown man body and can physically dominate in the NFL, ridley who is also older is extremely slender
2. hurst has the safest and surest set of hands in this class, where ridley, who had very good hands, did have a fair share of focus drops
3. TE was the biggest gaping prolapsed asshole of a position group on the roster, meanwhile we had completely revamped the wr corps in fa

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
decosta said the hardest part of the entire draft was hurst or ridley. i dont think we ever saw dj moore in the same light as the panthers, im willing to bet he was graded a whole tier below hurst and ridley. and both were pro ready so i dont think you can really say that was the difference.

i think the main things that played into the decision were:
1. hurst has grown man body and can physically dominate in the NFL, ridley who is also older is extremely slender
2. hurst has the safest and surest set of hands in this class, where ridley, who had very good hands, did have a fair share of focus drops
3. TE was the biggest gaping prolapsed asshole of a position group on the roster, meanwhile we had completely revamped the wr corps in fa
You are looking into it too much - it was simply decision based on need. Both Hurst and Andrews because 3. is 100% correct.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Random thought: We drafted an absolute beast in Lamar Jackson. The more tape I watch of this kid, the more amazed I become. I have listened to all the nay sayer pundits that want him to convert to WR but this kid was born to be a QB. This year's draft could cement Ozzie's legacy as a genius. His first and last drafts may indeed become two of his very best.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Nah he was talking about the Steelers taking one of his favourite guys