• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
not sure if its been mentioned or matters but pff has mark andrews rated as the best rookie te so far
The best pure receiving TE was always between Andrews and gesicki. Andrews has been used incredibly well in our scheme, his TD vs cinci was an absolutely brilliant play call, and he’s looked every bit the same player he was in college and more. Gesicki on the other hand seems to be stuck in a learning curve big time. Goedert is behind 2 very good TEs but I maintain that he won’t be anything special, the fucker runs like he’s got concrete shoes and osteoporosis ankles

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Now THIS was dope to read:

Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account @jeffzrebiec 6h6 hours ago
One thing players love about Martindale is the feedback he seeks, both from assistant coaches and players. He's said from Day 1 that it's going to be about the players, not him. Halftime adjustments are part of that. He allows them a lot of latitude to speak up, make suggestions
That’s the best kind of coordinator, humble and understands that the players are the ones on the field, they know their own limitations better than the coordinators, they FEEL first hand what the offense can do to beat them, they know from experience that “if I do this, this player is gonna get open and the qb will find him” and the coaches just don’t have the same feel for it that players do. Pees was just like “if you follow the scheme you won’t get beat” but the players know better than pees what they can and can’t do in the scheme and they have ideas on how to compensate. That’s why someone like Brandon Carr would struggle immensely at times under pees but is playing well under wink, he has limitations and ideas on how to work around them.

I’m now starting to feel out this team a bit, and I won’t freak out until we play bad in the second half, we’ve clearly been a second half team, and that’s largely due to players going out in the first half, feeling out the opponent, and bringing some shit to wink at halftime like “if we change this we shut them down” and it’s working.

We need a GIF of Harbaugh throwing Perriman off the cliff. lol

Not a gif but close enough

Untitled_2.png

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
giphy.gif
Need an always sunny fan who can edit gifs to put perrimans face on Dennis, and harbaughs face on one and a pair of brick hands on the other.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
That’s the best kind of coordinator, humble and understands that the players are the ones on the field, they know their own limitations better than the coordinators, they FEEL first hand what the offense can do to beat them, they know from experience that “if I do this, this player is gonna get open and the qb will find him” and the coaches just don’t have the same feel for it that players do. Pees was just like “if you follow the scheme you won’t get beat” but the players know better than pees what they can and can’t do in the scheme and they have ideas on how to compensate. That’s why someone like Brandon Carr would struggle immensely at times under pees but is playing well under wink, he has limitations and ideas on how to work around them.

I’m now starting to feel out this team a bit, and I won’t freak out until we play bad in the second half, we’ve clearly been a second half team, and that’s largely due to players going out in the first half, feeling out the opponent, and bringing some shit to wink at halftime like “if we change this we shut them down” and it’s working.
If he keeps this up, you already KNOW that he's going to be a HC candidate. For selfish reasons, I hope he turns them all down and stays with us. While it's still "Fuck the Warriors," here's another tweet from Zrebiec that shows me that Wink just gets it:

Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account @jeffzrebiec 8h8 hours ago
Martindale said the Ravens did a study of how Steve Kerr and the Golden State Warriors handled halftime and adjustments. Said it was beneficial. Ravens haven’t given up a second half TD this year. They’ve allowed a total of 9 second half points in 4 games.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I want game threads with pools back!!
Can't stand that Nickelback shit any longer!!!!
Too bad. Playoffs or not, nickelback got us a winning season last year and we missed the playoffs twice in a row under the pools. Everything has an expiration date.

That said, we do need a new shitty band that no one likes.
@Tank No.. Not that one.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Too bad. Playoffs or not, nickelback got us a winning season last year and we missed the playoffs twice in a row under the pools. Everything has an expiration date.

That said, we do need a new shitty band that no one likes.
@Tank No.. Not that one.
I’m fine with anything, just never pools again, too much bad connected there. lol Although I think we need to ride out Nickleback.

Last edited: