• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So with AB traded to Oakland, the drama over a helmet with threats to retire, Bell off to New York, was it addition by subtraction for Pittsburgh?

Maybe AFC North sees 3 teams in the playoffs if Cleveland lives up to their hype?

Icy

Practice Squad
I know Hollywood is going to be our speed guy, but i dont see many dbs being able to keep up with boykin on those deep routes. If everyone pans out, this team will be extremely exciting to watch going forward.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I know Hollywood is going to be our speed guy, but i dont see many dbs being able to keep up with boykin on those deep routes. If everyone pans out, this team will be extremely exciting to watch going forward.
I like that we are getting fast guys on this team that can shake and bake.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
justice hill had that carry in the jags game where he exploded past the defender after the catch and then made a db miss in space - speed there too

and dont forget the speed we now have at the TE position as well
Frankly, we are going to be the fastest offense in the league that also leads in time of possession just given Lamar's ability to get the critical 3rd downs. People are sleeping on this team but after 4-6 games the Ravens bandwagon will be loaded with fans from all over and the idiot pundits that ridiculed our offense.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
i know its only preseason and two of they guys may not even play but deebo, jalen hurd and jakobi meyers all looked good. 3 of my fav wrs outta this class and who i traded for in madden franchise lol.

By the way, did see you james washington? I know lots of people wanted him when he came out simply for what he did in that first preseason game.. was he injured or just didnt play last season?

Reactions: cdp

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
i know its only preseason and two of they guys may not even play but deebo, jalen hurd and jakobi meyers all looked good. 3 of my fav wrs outta this class and who i traded for in madden franchise lol.

By the way, did see you james washington? I know lots of people wanted him when he came out simply for what he did in that first preseason game.. was he injured or just didnt play last season?
I remember you saying Meyers would be great value. Steelers just know how to draft and develop WRs.

Icy

Practice Squad
I hope this Dixon injury isnt serious, if so he's in trouble with Tyler Ervin getting first team reps and looking good at PR.

356EA8BA-A65B-4714-B48D-39A0C70A0D19.jpeg

Saw this on reddit earlier, I know the guy isn’t too credible, but I also heard that J. Smith was pulled from practice today.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I am not sure about this, I am not as high on Clowney as some are. I would trade Jimmy for a quality offensive lineman though.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
While I do buy that the Texans are trying to trade Clowney, I ain't buying for a fucking second that we'd trade Jimmy Smith for him. Do we not forget that you can NEVER have enough DBs??????

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
While I do buy that the Texans are trying to trade Clowney, I ain't buying for a fucking second that we'd trade Jimmy Smith for him. Do we not forget that you can NEVER have enough DBs??????
It’s possible they really like what they see from Averett and don’t believe in jimmys ability to play 16 games

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Btw y’all could’ve just stayed quiet on this and I would’ve been able to sleep tonight, now I’ll be refreshing all night, knowing damn well nothing is gonna happen lol

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Btw y’all could’ve just stayed quiet on this and I would’ve been able to sleep tonight, now I’ll be refreshing all night, knowing damn well nothing is gonna happen lol

I wish I never saw those tweets

I don't think Clowney does his best work in a 3-4, but he's good enough to still be a disruptive as hell.

Corvus Purpura

Practice Squad
We do have an embarrassment of riches at the CB position. There simply won't be enough room for even the ones who are capable of starting on an NFL team. Seems like more trades would happen at some point. That certainly doesn't mean Jimmy is gone, but it adds to the intrigue for me.
I don't know our cap situation, but Clowney seems like he'd be out of reach. But it's fun to dream..