• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Personally I think it would be a shame to break up this lockdown secondary. I get that we're deep, but there's still a drop-off in talent after Marlon and Jimmy.

Marlon to Jimmy is a drop off. The drop off from Jimmy to Carr is worth adding Clowney if you can. Were loaded last year at cb and still took Averett. Same this year and took Marshall. I would love dor Jimmy to retire a Raven, but if we have a chance st a game a changing OLB, you take it. And people worried about the contract, we have to pay someone to do it this off season anyway. If it was between paying Judon or Clowney, even as reluctant as I am to paying Jadeveon, I'll take him.

ZonaRaven

Practice Squad
We'd also be getting a 3rd Rd comp pick back if he did walk next year, but I'm sure we'd also have to give up draft compensation of some sort in addition to Jimmy. Regardless I think we should do it if given the opportunity.

Marlon to Jimmy is a drop off. The drop off from Jimmy to Carr is worth adding Clowney if you can. Were loaded last year at cb and still took Averett. Same this year and took Marshall. I would love dor Jimmy to retire a Raven, but if we have a chance st a game a changing OLB, you take it. And people worried about the contract, we have to pay someone to do it this off season anyway. If it was between paying Judon or Clowney, even as reluctant as I am to paying Jadeveon, I'll take him.

I'd worry about leaning on Carr for a whole season both because of his age (decline, not injury), and because he played above his normal standard last year. I'd feel better about it if we knew Averett was ready to step in or split time. That said, Clowney is very tempting. Don't have to cover all day if someone gets to the QB!

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
25ED8115-D9D4-4962-A44B-78ABAF270B5F.png

NFL.com thought wink was our DC 5 years ago

We done came up

Also, yes I’m always angry and always talking shit

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
That profile picture tho....LMAO

Also, I smoked some wax a couple weeks ago at a metal concert. Guess I should probably be in a ditch somewhere....lol
Yeah we just got those last week, me and the ol lady were in downtown Myrtle beach feeling kinda toasty lol, no way I was getting an old time photo without getting naked lmao

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah we just got those last week, me and the ol lady were in downtown Myrtle beach feeling kinda toasty lol, no way I was getting an old time photo without getting naked lmao
Dang Mike...I knew you were cool but that's like rock musician cool. Nice callout five years ago.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Dang Mike...I knew you were cool but that's like rock musician cool. Nice callout five years ago.
Lmao yeah, I’m a real rockstar lololol.

Honestly, we were in Myrtle beach and EVERY NIGHT we swore we were gonna go out and turn up or whatever, but we were asleep by like 9:30 every night. It took us til Friday night when an old friend from high school brought us to a club and bought us a bunch of drinks, and of course we got shithammered Friday night and then drove home Saturday like idiots

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
The pic is great but I also like that you didn't simply point out the error in that NFL post; you also made sure they knew how shoddy it was of them.
Good stuff! @JoeyFlex5

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
The pic is great but I also like that you didn't simply point out the error in that NFL post; you also made sure they knew how shoddy it was of them.
Good stuff! @JoeyFlex5
Not a fan of shoddiness! I will trash any and everyone who makes a career out of something that I could do better lmao

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lmao yeah, I’m a real rockstar lololol.

Honestly, we were in Myrtle beach and EVERY NIGHT we swore we were gonna go out and turn up or whatever, but we were asleep by like 9:30 every night. It took us til Friday night when an old friend from high school brought us to a club and bought us a bunch of drinks, and of course we got shithammered Friday night and then drove home Saturday like idiots

Off topic but you want to talk about turned up. I just got back from DEFCON. Every night was lit. I need a vacation from that event.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Hey anyone know how I can stream the game tonight on my computer? I really don’t feel like going out. I went to NFL.com but it said local teams are not available live and showed the Ravens and Eagles as being blackouts.