• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

K-Dog

MVP
aint no brain sturgeon

and thank god for that.

but that's an easy one. exposure. its the one time while not doin their job that the fans are watching. its a very brief time to make a non violent statement where many will see it.

So then the argument might be, why not pool your funds and buy ad time ?
It is not the Super Bowl. Ad time is not as costly.
It would be pretty easy to create a fact filled consise and educational message in thirty seconds.

RayRayRaven

Veteran
and thank god for that.

It would be pretty easy to create a fact filled consise and educational message in thirty seconds.
maybe they could do that to.
in the end every fan has to ask themself , is that to much for me? should I give up supportin my team because of that? some will. for many others only crappy football will drive them away and for most of those not even that.

n. korea the prez needs to stop the twitter wars and get to work on a real problem

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I suppose they would ask, if it is not about the flag why is it done during the National Anthem?

Most are focused on the "when" the kneeling takes place instead of the "why" it takes place! See, you can't regulate "where," "when" or "how" protesting is to be done. That's a great platform and opportunity to protest because the masses are watching! But it doesn't mean it is a protest against the flag itself.

Stomping, ripping and burning the flag? That's disrespecting the flag! But to exercise one's 1st Amendment rights as an AMERICAN CITIZEN? Absolutely not! Focusing on disrespecting the flag is nothing more than a "diversion" away from the main social issues that's been plaguing our nation for years. And to me; that's what's disrespectful!

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
and thank god for that.

How many "ads" that were designed to bring national awareness and attention to the racial inequality and other social injustices in our nation do you remember without taking a few minutes to google them?

Ravenbran

Practice Squad
Saw this morning where the guy that sang the national anthem resigned.Thats really too bad since he was so good! But if your values are somewhere else it's wonderful that you stand for it. I think one of the retired Ravens greats should also take a knee again every Jan.1 in honor of others.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Saw this morning where the guy that sang the national anthem resigned.Thats really too bad since he was so good! But if your values are somewhere else it's wonderful that you stand for it. I think one of the retired Ravens greats should also take a knee again every Jan.1 in honor of others.
Already posted in this thread, with a link

Sooky

Pro Bowler
I don't care which side of the spectrum you are on.. If you believe that kneeling during the anthem is disrespect or if you believe that players have the ability to free speech. I think what hurts is that there is a large population in America that in some circumstances aren't being treated equally and both sides are attacking each other right now and are not willing to see the other side for the issues to get resolved. There are definitely better times to protest than the national anthem, but that doesn't mean that there isn't an issue and sometimes you have to cross grey lines to show that there really is an issue.

I do like what the Cowboys did by kneeling before the anthem then standing during the anthem. Problem is I think it wouldn't be seen and in the spotlight nearly as much if they didn't kneel during the anthem. There is an issue in this world with equality and it is not just America and it is not just the NFL. The NFL is always in the spotlight because it is the biggest sport in the United States. For those who think it is only a problem here you are mistaken.

This is why I don't vote, and likely will never vote. You can say I'm part of America's problem because I don't use one of my rights. Neither side hears the other and are willing to come to an agreement. The media only lets you hear parts and pieces of ever issue today and no person working full-time or going to school full-time has the resources and time today to read bills and laws themselves to make an educational opinion themselves. All it is, and all it ever will be, is two or three of the first opinions thrown out there and everybody else parroting those beliefs and discrediting those who are against the one they follow.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I don't care which side of the spectrum you are on.. If you believe that kneeling during the anthem is disrespect or if you believe that players have the ability to free speech. I think what hurts is that there is a large population in America that in some circumstances aren't being treated equally and both sides are attacking each other right now and are not willing to see the other side for the issues to get resolved. There are definitely better times to protest than the national anthem, but that doesn't mean that there isn't an issue and sometimes you have to cross grey lines to show that there really is an issue.

I do like what the Cowboys did by kneeling before the anthem then standing during the anthem. Problem is I think it wouldn't be seen and in the spotlight nearly as much if they didn't kneel during the anthem. There is an issue in this world with equality and it is not just America and it is not just the NFL. The NFL is always in the spotlight because it is the biggest sport in the United States. For those who think it is only a problem here you are mistaken.

This is why I don't vote, and likely will never vote. You can say I'm part of America's problem because I don't use one of my rights. Neither side hears the other and are willing to come to an agreement. The media only lets you hear parts and pieces of ever issue today and no person working full-time or going to school full-time has the resources and time today to read bills and laws themselves to make an educational opinion themselves. All it is, and all it ever will be, is two or three of the first opinions thrown out there and everybody else parroting those beliefs and discrediting those who are against the one they follow.
Welcome to the «democracy is a stupid thing» wagon.

Last edited:

ALI624

Pro Bowler
Ok now I'm really angry, Terrence Brooks was named AFC defensive player of the week lol.

Rav'n Maniac

Practice Squad
I know a little something about racial inequality. I am an older (yet extremely immature per my wife) caucasian man of German-Italian descent, although I favor the Italian side more because I am dark skinned. Working outside in the sun, as an electrician, I tend to get very dark and I have even joked with many of my African-American friends by placing my forearm to theirs and saying I'm catching you.

I had to learn how to fight at an early age being brought up in Baltimore City, hearing it all, guini, wop, deago, greaseball. Needless to say, I was a resentful kid growing up, as there were and still are a lot of animals in this city. Through adulthood and changing times, I have lost most of that resentment. I will always respect any man until they give me a reason not to.

I am also a devout patriot. I love my country, it's flag and all it stands for, as I would gladly put my life on the line to protect it along with my family and friends.

With that said, I don't respect all that he did but Kaep's original protest to racial inequality I agree with and supported along with his co-players support. Although, here a year later, that message has been lost to some extent. Of course it was reignited this past week with Trump virtually begging for it. I had no problem with the players protesting Trump on a large scale. He deserved every bit of it with his comments.

At this time, I feel the players have made there point and hope they find other avenues to continue voicing their inequality protest. Certainly, it needs to continue to be addressed until it is abolished in this country but, there is no need to drag it on any further as is during the anthem and it's time for them to move on, as some fans are already building resentment to it. I don't want to see the best sport in the country damaged any further and become separated by the race card.

In addition, I particularly would hate to see the kneeling continue here in Baltimore. As this is the birthplace of the national anthem honoring the men that gave their lives to protect Baltimore Harbor from the English at our own Fort McHenry. Protecting the rights we all enjoy and take for granted today.

Last edited:
We did call Mangold, either his ankle isnt good enough or his counter offer isnt good enough. Im not sure how much more a broken down old vet helps us anymore than the young PS guys we have now