• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think well be fine without B.Will for the SHORT term. Carl Davis can play and we still have depth behind that.
Id like to have him back for Pittbsurg though

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lol they cant admit artie burns is a bust even though they brought in Joe Haden. Whos washed up...hopefully...
I still cant get the hype for Shazier. Sure hes fast but he cant get 100 tackles without getting hurt. Hes too small and has no pop. West and Buck would run through him at the goal line lol. TJ Watt may be the bright spot but hes no JJ watt lol. Theyre safties are probably the most suspect. Havent faced any over the top threats so far

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Could you argue our IR numbers are somewhat inflated? It seems we (ozzie and co.) try to stash as many young guys as possible. Guys like Price, Nembot, Boykin, Kublanow, Tim White. A lot of those guys didnt really have season ending injuries either. If they were healthy i doubt many of them would even be on the 53 man roster. So why not just cut them? Unless they just want to keep them from other teams but like why Kublanow? I feel like Price ends up on IR for the 3 years hes been here. What gives? Why are we the only team that does this?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Could you argue our IR numbers are somewhat inflated? It seems we (ozzie and co.) try to stash as many young guys as possible. Guys like Price, Nembot, Boykin, Kublanow, Tim White. A lot of those guys didnt really have season ending injuries either. If they were healthy i doubt many of them would even be on the 53 man roster. So why not just cut them? Unless they just want to keep them from other teams but like why Kublanow? I feel like Price ends up on IR for the 3 years hes been here. What gives? Why are we the only team that does this?

Part of it will be that we would have had to come to an injury settlement with them so we might as well I/r them

redrum52

Hall of Famer
In all seriousness we only have 8 or so players who could have contributed

Those 8 guys were all going to be pretty big contributors and would be making a decent impact. OL would be in much different shape and barring any other suspensions, Dixon would be back by Christmas 2019. If he was going to actually start, I think Nico would've been great at LG. Our interior line would wear the hell out of defensive fronts... if Yanda was still healthy(assuming he's one of those 8). Tavon... holy shit I wish he was still healthy. Many undervalue nickel corners. If he didn't fall victim to the "sophomore" slump, that extra boost in the secondary would be incredible, especially considering that's the spot that we had most trouble with against the Browns. I don't think Pitta is really that big a loss, but still would provide another set of reliable hands. Gilmore seems to be the best combo of athleticism, hands and blocking so he'd be useful. Don't care to look up the others, but we're a team that relies heavily on depth.

Now that you all mention it he is the combo of all our guys. Can block like Boyle, has Williams' motor, some of Watson's savy and Pitta's durability.

Last edited:

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'd actually say Boyle is the best combination of abilities among our TEs.. And Gilmore had the problem of playing small when going for the ball. Despite his size he never really went up for a pass. I like him, he embodied the toughness and brains that you want from Ravens players, but he's just too injury prone. Since there aren't that many good TEs to go around, I know someone will sign Gilmore to try him out. Hopefully not anyone in the division.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'd actually say Boyle is the best combination of abilities among our TEs.. And Gilmore had the problem of playing small when going for the ball. Despite his size he never really went up for a pass. I like him, he embodied the toughness and brains that you want from Ravens players, but he's just too injury prone. Since there aren't that many good TEs to go around, I know someone will sign Gilmore to try him out. Hopefully not anyone in the division.

I mean if the price is right it could be us to bring him back as depth and to compete with no guarantee of making the roster