• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
This is the most fun I have ever seen you have on these boards. lol
This is gonna be him before the season starts.

1656613597287.png

rossihunter2

Staff Member
You can't have Pitts ahead of Mark. If you wanted to put him 4 then fine. I would have him probably at 2 behind Kittle. But he's not 5 bro. No way

1) Kittle (when healthy)
2) Andrews
3) Kelce
4) Pitts
5) Waller

i think pitts has a chance to be number 1 by the end of this season - the dominant traits are already showing up in the pros - i wasnt lying when i said he's a legitimate generational talent (word gets thrown around too easily) during last year's draft season... he's insane and the fact that those athletic advantages are paying off in the pros bodes well for his future - i think he's already better than waller who's probably the closest (athletically) to him

kittle's also a freak tbf

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
1) Kittle (when healthy)
2) Andrews
3) Kelce
4) Pitts
5) Waller

i think pitts has a chance to be number 1 by the end of this season - the dominant traits are already showing up in the pros - i wasnt lying when i said he's a legitimate generational talent (word gets thrown around too easily) during last year's draft season... he's insane and the fact that those athletic advantages are paying off in the pros bodes well for his future - i think he's already better than waller who's probably the closest (athletically) to him

kittle's also a freak tbf
Pitts is obviously a really good player, but he was just a rookie last year and wasn't able to score touchdowns. I expect him to take a big step forward and agree he can continue to climb the board. But under no circumstances was Pitts better than Andrews last year. In fact no TE was better than Mark last year.

Kelce is probably beginning a decline. Kittle is a freak but is probably gonna become Gronk with his injuries. Andrews, Waller, and Pitts represent the future of TEs rn. (Even Waller is getting to be kinda old now)

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
You can't have Pitts ahead of Mark. If you wanted to put him 4 then fine. I would have him probably at 2 behind Kittle. But he's not 5 bro. No way
Andrews def not better than kelce at all no way imo.1 and 2 can go either way and have been past few yrs.. the reason why i say the list is good is cause pitts can have 1300 yrd season and that would automatically put him in top with kelce.. i dnt think pitts better than andrews but with a great season this yr by him, he will likely be #1 by most people

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Pitts is obviously a really good player, but he was just a rookie last year and wasn't able to score touchdowns. I expect him to take a big step forward and agree he can continue to climb the board. But under no circumstances was Pitts better than Andrews last year. In fact no TE was better than Mark last year.

Kelce is probably beginning a decline. Kittle is a freak but is probably gonna become Gronk with his injuries. Andrews, Waller, and Pitts represent the future of TEs rn. (Even Waller is getting to be kinda old now)

kelce's awesome, and the reason he's still high on the list is because of what he's able to do with the ball in his hands after the catch - just seems to have a knack for making defenders look silly in space when he seemingly has no right to

i agree with you that it's tough to have anyone tbh ahead of mark after the season he just put up

i think we're looking at an elite group of 5-6 TEs at the moment, another 8-10 decent guys you like and then it's a muddle of role/utility guys or guys who are really streaky behind them

top group for me:

Tier 1:
Kittle
Andrews
Kelce
Pitts
Waller
Goedert (clearly 6th but also clearly part of this group for me)

Tier 2 (in no particular order):
Hockenson
Hunter Henry
Gesicki
Gronk (if he plays again)
Schultz
Freiermuth (probably already on this list in this tier)
Knox
Ertz

and tier 3 is basically everyone else you might possibly think about starting... guys like tyler higbee, david njoku, noah fant, evan engram etc.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
kelce's awesome, and the reason he's still high on the list is because of what he's able to do with the ball in his hands after the catch - just seems to have a knack for making defenders look silly in space when he seemingly has no right to

i agree with you that it's tough to have anyone tbh ahead of mark after the season he just put up

i think we're looking at an elite group of 5-6 TEs at the moment, another 8-10 decent guys you like and then it's a muddle of role/utility guys or guys who are really streaky behind them

top group for me:

Tier 1:
Kittle
Andrews
Kelce
Pitts
Waller
Goedert (clearly 6th but also clearly part of this group for me)

Tier 2 (in no particular order):
Hockenson
Hunter Henry
Gesicki
Gronk (if he plays again)
Schultz
Freiermuth (probably already on this list in this tier)
Knox
Ertz

and tier 3 is basically everyone else you might possibly think about starting... guys like tyler higbee, david njoku, noah fant, evan engram etc.
That all makes sense to me. I think at the top you're going to see Pitts and Andrews getting better. I think you'll start to see Kelce, Kittle, and maybe Waller begin to decline in the next 2 years. I dont see anyone from tier 2 really doing anything to crack tier 1.

Biff Tannen

Practice Squad
Kittle is a straight douchebag. Good player mind, just not someone I could ever see myself being friends with. Others on their list I agree with, though would not have Waller first.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That all makes sense to me. I think at the top you're going to see Pitts and Andrews getting better. I think you'll start to see Kelce, Kittle, and maybe Waller begin to decline in the next 2 years. I dont see anyone from tier 2 really doing anything to crack tier 1.

im not sure i see kittle falling off tbh - he's still young, yes he gets injured but he's also never struggled to play at an elite level when he's on the field

Simba

Staff Member

The big thing with Pitts is that he was productive in year 1 at a position that is historically very difficult to make an impact at that early. I'd honestly be pretty surprised if he isn't taking even further steps in the next 2-3 years that start to get people talking about one of the all-time best. Year 1 was an incredibly good showing and the tools are there to continue that grown.

Not necessarily saying you aren't saying this, but just adding some context to just how good he was. The fact that he's already in the top 5 conversation says a lot.