• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Incoming 3-time MVP for Lamar which will piss off Bills fans like no other. I'm all for it.
If lamar wins another mvp, thats gonna be fking wild. Whats crazy is that he actually can, whats even wilder is that he probably wont because the shit he does has become normal.. almost like everyone expects him to do that

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Incoming 3-time MVP for Lamar which will piss off Bills fans like no other. I'm all for it.

Careful what you wish for fam, remember the chiefs trading up in 17?
The Irony of the Bills being the team who traded with the Chiefs and let them draft Mahomes. Chiefs traded the 27th Pick, a 3rd Round Pick and 2018 1st to Draft Mahomes.

What's crazy is the Saints would have drafted Mahomes at 11 if it wasn't for the Chiefs trading up. He would have been Drew Brees' successor and with Sean Payton as Coach, is wrecking the NFC instead.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The Irony of the Bills being the team who traded with the Chiefs and let them draft Mahomes. Chiefs traded the 27th Pick, a 3rd Round Pick and 2018 1st to Draft Mahomes.

What's crazy is the Saints would have drafted Mahomes at 11 if it wasn't for the Chiefs trading up. He would have been Drew Brees' successor and with Sean Payton as Coach, is wrecking the NFC instead.
well I didn't have any issues with the Bills until this. Would rather Mahomes be in the NFC and Travis fade away into the sunset

Tank

Hall of Famer
If lamar wins another mvp, thats gonna be fking wild. Whats crazy is that he actually can, whats even wilder is that he probably wont because the shit he does has become normal.. almost like everyone expects him to do that
Couldn’t care less if Lamar wins another MVP, what I want to see is MVP play in the tournament. Stay true to what makes him so valuable and not try to be something he’s not.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
Couldn’t care less if Lamar wins another MVP, what I want to see is MVP play in the tournament. Stay true to what makes him so valuable and not try to be something he’s not.
It's not so much that he plays differently in the playoffs - it's that he plays so much worse.

I'd love to hear him address it and say he's working with a Sports Psychologist or something, because, with how often it happens, it's got to be a mental block. With just two average regular season Lamar performances, we'd be the reigning Super Bowl champions.

I agree, but some of that I put on the coaches. There was no reason to abandon the run game so early. Whether it was Monken or Harbaugh, they committed the fatal sin. Never abandon what brung ya that far.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I agree, but some of that I put on the coaches. There was no reason to abandon the run game so early. Whether it was Monken or Harbaugh, they committed the fatal sin. Never abandon what brung ya that far.
I seriously doubt that is on the coaches. And the issue(s) aren’t isolated to one game played this year.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor

We can't run the ball in the playoffs unless it's him.

I think that is our biggest issue.

Second biggest is not taking or making easy plays/dump offs

I seriously doubt that is on the coaches. And the issue(s) aren’t isolated to one game played this year.
So you’re saying the coaches can’t tell him to run the plays as called? I mean if I’m Harbaugh I’m getting in Monken’s ear hole. If I’m Monken I’m getting in Lamar’s ear hole. What was Lamar seeing that caused him to potentially check out of so many called plays? Is Monken running the offense or is Lamar?

Lamar owns his share of bad decisions and ill advised throws but I wouldn’t let the coaches off the hook completely for that shit show.