• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

What Are Your Favorite TV Shows?

usmccharles

Practice Squad
Did you watch it? I just did. Holy shit do yourself a favor and watch it. Reading spoilers doesn't do it justice, it was incredible

Edit: nvm, just saw your later post.

Wow though, GoT has now passed breaking bad in my book, which I never thought would happen. This show is KILLING IT this season, every episode has either been a super intense shitstorm of wreckage or brilliant buildup, the buildup leaves less headscratchers than previous seasons while leaving you wanting more than ever before.

I'm more excited about the rest of this season than I am for football season
Three of the best episodes of the entire season was this season imo. Sidenote, i called the game changer happening months ago.

Snowfall is a great show

Last edited:

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I've never watched it on demand. I always watch the 9pm showing.
It's available midnight Sunday, you can watch it anytime on demand on Sunday. And there were no more episodes listed.

But cool I don't wanna wait for next season to see ghosts initial reaction

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Did you watch it? I just did. Holy shit do yourself a favor and watch it. Reading spoilers doesn't do it justice, it was incredible

Edit: nvm, just saw your later post.

Wow though, GoT has now passed breaking bad in my book, which I never thought would happen. This show is KILLING IT this season, every episode has either been a super intense shitstorm of wreckage or brilliant buildup, the buildup leaves less headscratchers than previous seasons while leaving you wanting more than ever before.

I'm more excited about the rest of this season than I am for football season

oh man there's only one episode left - i just watched the episode and my god it's almost perfect - i thought the episode had fewer lowlights than any episode of GoT ive ever watched and it was so tense even when i felt like i knew what was going to happen

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
oh man there's only one episode left - i just watched the episode and my god it's almost perfect - i thought the episode had fewer lowlights than any episode of GoT ive ever watched and it was so tense even when i felt like i knew what was going to happen
I knew that (you know who) was coming, that was obvious, but I really thought someone big was gonna die, I thought tormund or the hound or jorah was gonna die just so the writers can give us a good gut punch, but the new white walker threat might be an even bigger gut punch.

And seriously...
Jon snows plot armor is made of valyrian steel, what the everloving fuck is keeping him alive. I think a plot twist is coming that he has dragon blood AND wight blood, being from the targaryens and starks. There's a theory that the Starks have wights in their family tree and it would explain a lot about how he has a connection with dragons and stayed alive in that ice pond, and also the god of light(the god melisandre burns people to sacrifice to) seems to have some special connection to Jon as well. One of 2 things are gonna happen to Jon, he is destined for the throne because of his ancestry and powers, or they kill him uneventfully because they wanna be completely contrarian from logic

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I knew that (you know who) was coming, that was obvious, but I really thought someone big was gonna die, I thought tormund or the hound or jorah was gonna die just so the writers can give us a good gut punch, but the new white walker threat might be an even bigger gut punch.

And seriously...
Jon snows plot armor is made of valyrian steel, what the everloving fuck is keeping him alive. I think a plot twist is coming that he has dragon blood AND wight blood, being from the targaryens and starks. There's a theory that the Starks have wights in their family tree and it would explain a lot about how he has a connection with dragons and stayed alive in that ice pond, and also the god of light(the god melisandre burns people to sacrifice to) seems to have some special connection to Jon as well. One of 2 things are gonna happen to Jon, he is destined for the throne because of his ancestry and powers, or they kill him uneventfully because they wanna be completely contrarian from logic

i mean ive seen a lot of people disappointed by the deaths that happened not being bigger but im not sure i was disappointed given the implications those deaths that did happen now have on the future direction of the show and the serious changes in character arcs we now are going to have for:

Jon's sacrificing of his stubborn not bending the knee; dany's change in priorities, diminishing arrogance, and now acknowledged frailty; tyrion being right... again; beric no longer able to be revived - (interesting that his 7th death will be his last given that number's importance); the confirmation of the hound's ideological shift to the brotherhood (even if he never properly takes up their cause) --> also anyone else hyped that cleganebowl might finally happen?; we obviously have all the inevitable stuff to happen between arya and sansa soon as well

id say for sure i felt like the episode delivered more than i could have ever have imagined - stuff that ive always wanted to see and stuff that i never even considered might possibly happen ever and it all delivered

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i mean ive seen a lot of people disappointed by the deaths that happened not being bigger but im not sure i was disappointed given the implications those deaths that did happen now have on the future direction of the show and the serious changes in character arcs we now are going to have for:

Jon's sacrificing of his stubborn not bending the knee; dany's change in priorities, diminishing arrogance, and now acknowledged frailty; tyrion being right... again; beric no longer able to be revived - (interesting that his 7th death will be his last given that number's importance); the confirmation of the hound's ideological shift to the brotherhood (even if he never properly takes up their cause) --> also anyone else hyped that cleganebowl might finally happen?; we obviously have all the inevitable stuff to happen between arya and sansa soon as well

id say for sure i felt like the episode delivered more than i could have ever have imagined - stuff that ive always wanted to see and stuff that i never even considered might possibly happen ever and it all delivered
Something just dawned on me when reading a post about longclaw(the Mormon family sword)...

I think it's lightbringer. Lightbringer is made of valyrian steel, so is longclaw, Jon has had longclaw this whole time and both melisandre and the night king have an unexplained keen interest in jon, both of them have reason to seek out lightbringer. And why the hell else would they have randomly started talking in depth about the sword on 2 separate occasions in recent episodes? I think because Jon snow is azor ahai and longclaw is lightbringer

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Something just dawned on me when reading a post about longclaw(the Mormon family sword)...

I think it's lightbringer. Lightbringer is made of valyrian steel, so is longclaw, Jon has had longclaw this whole time and both melisandre and the night king have an unexplained keen interest in jon, both of them have reason to seek out lightbringer. And why the hell else would they have randomly started talking in depth about the sword on 2 separate occasions in recent episodes? I think because Jon snow is azor ahai and longclaw is lightbringer
Wth is azor ahai?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Wth is azor ahai?
https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Azor_Ahai

Basically he's a hero sent by the god of light with a blessed sword that destroys evil shit, but prophecies suggest he isn't a person, but a being that is put in place by the god of light in certain situations to save the day.

Specifically check out where it says "azor ahai come again" in the link. Note that westeros has just finished the longest summer recorded by man and obviously a cold darkness is coming.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Good one. I think it has multiple meanings such as Danys purple eyes in the book, purple being a mix of blue representing ice and red representing fire.
All the targaryens have purple eyes in the book, that's not just a dany thing. And I don't see how dany could represent ice at all, as far as I know it's either about Jon being stark and targaryen(ice and fire) OR it's about Jon and dany joining forces. Another possibility is dany and the dragons vs the white walkers, or even the fire worshippers vs the white walkers, and with Jon discovering the fire priests and melisandre it's possible that it becomes the meaning.

Or it could just be a broad term of all this fire related shit killing the white walkers