• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

What Are Your Favorite TV Shows?

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Wait, what!?

Yep. In the feast at Winterfell after the NK battle, if you have a keen eye then you can spot a Starbucks cup next to Dany.

tdy_pop_9a_game_of_thrones_190507_1920x1080.1000;563;7;70;5.jpg

Then, in the latest episode, Jaime was able to grow his hand back:

Jamie-and-Cersie.jpg

It's quite stunning how much they've phoned in this last season.

Simba

Staff Member
They said once the bells rang that Dany still felt empty and alone sitting on her dragon, and that she'll always be a Targaryen. I get the first part, but her reaction to that being to kill all the innocent seems like a reach lol especially when she could've just gone for the red keep. I can buy that Dany goes mad, but they totally rushed it.

These least two episodes have been messy. I'm still hung up on the fact that Cersei didn't kill Dany and Tyrion last episode when she easily could have, but I agree with most how the characters arcs were disappointing this season. Having Jon be basically irrelevant is boring. I hate how arguably the two smartest people in the show, Tyrion and Varys, suddenly become two of the dumbest out of nowhere. Clegane bowl was awesome. Jamie randomly finding and killing Euron then going back to Cersei seemed incredibly forced though. Still a lot to appreciate about this season, but unfortunate all these characters went haywire,

To me, it could have been something as simple as her flying past Cersei, Cersei giving her the finger, and then she goes mad. Instead, she just sat there and decided to do it. It would have been so easy for them to find some rationale but instead they just had her go mad because that's what they wanted the story to be. Literally 15 seconds more and they could have given her some sort of stressor.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
To me, it could have been something as simple as her flying past Cersei, Cersei giving her the finger, and then she goes mad. Instead, she just sat there and decided to do it. It would have been so easy for them to find some rationale but instead they just had her go mad because that's what they wanted the story to be. Literally 15 seconds more and they could have given her some sort of stressor.

She might be backed up. For some strange reason Jon seems turned off by incest and she's gone... ahem.. vegan cold turkey.

Inqui

Pro Bowler
She might be backed up. For some strange reason Jon seems turned off by incest and she's gone... ahem.. vegan cold turkey.
As a wise man once said...

(though this is now reminding me of how pointless Bronn's been this season)

Simba

Staff Member
So, what the fuck was even the point of Jon being a Targaryen? Literally no payoff to a major plot point.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I have felt nothing watching this show since the winterfell battle. Jaime, Cersei, Melisandre, and fucking Daenerys all die, massive characters who you’re supposed to feel STRUCK when they die, and I felt literally nothing for any of them. That’s what happens when you rush, they just completely ruined this show and I’m really upset smh. Fucking assholes.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
To all of my GoT fans out here, how are y'all doing???? LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
The writers of GoT are fucking hacks. Ever since the show passed the books and they had no more source material to work with, they've been steadily driving the show into the ground. Definitely one of the worst final seasons of a show ever (doesn't quite surpass Dexter, but it's close) and they wasted a bunch of great performances by the actors/actresses, who did their best to keep the show afloat and at least somewhat watchable.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The writers of GoT are fucking hacks. Ever since the show passed the books and they had no more source material to work with, they've been steadily driving the show into the ground. Definitely one of the worst final seasons of a show ever (doesn't quite surpass Dexter, but it's close) and they wasted a bunch of great performances by the actors/actresses, who did their best to keep the show afloat and at least somewhat watchable.

you can tell the actors had given up at times too - performances of characters that were no longer really theirs because everyone was written so out of character by the end