• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

What Are Your Favorite TV Shows?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Is it anywhere near the scale and depth of GOT though? GoT to me was the only show that’s better on the second and third rewatch, after learning more about the GoT world and all the depth in the lore that you don’t see the first time around, it’s even better. I couldn’t compare any show to GoT without that aspect of it

yes absolutely - the only thing is that it doesnt take 6 seasons for divergent plot lines to finally converge

but its complex politics with multiple threads and conflicts and conflicts of interest with multiple agendas across the solar system
and it does get better on re-watch also because of all the subtle things you missed

its a show where every single line of dialogue means something - and often means more than you realise on first viewing

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
yes absolutely - the only thing is that it doesnt take 6 seasons for divergent plot lines to finally converge

but its complex politics with multiple threads and conflicts and conflicts of interest with multiple agendas across the solar system
and it does get better on re-watch also because of all the subtle things you missed

its a show where every single line of dialogue means something - and often means more than you realise on first viewing
Sounds like I gotta watch it then.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
had me shook. This seasons gonna be goddamn heart wrenching I can tell
First of all, LOL at the new theme song. Second of it, the first 5 minutes had me shook as well. They just gonna start off the season by killing Angie. And I swear if Tariq lives.......

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
First of all, LOL at the new theme song. Second of it, the first 5 minutes had me shook as well. They just gonna start off the season by killing Angie. And I swear if Tariq lives.......
i like how they left it open, they literally said this whole year that Angie was alive lol, slick move. And man I got a feeling Tariq is gonna see the light and be the one to kill tommy, the way he handled the kanan shit kinda gives me that clue.

And yeah, that new intro needs to go. Joes version is like a nostalgia inducing masterpiece, this one just sucks... trey songz overrated as hell

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
i like how they left it open, they literally said this whole year that Angie was alive lol, slick move. And man I got a feeling Tariq is gonna see the light and be the one to kill tommy, the way he handled the kanan shit kinda gives me that clue.

And yeah, that new intro needs to go. Joes version is like a nostalgia inducing masterpiece, this one just sucks... trey songz overrated as hell
I didn't even know they said that about Angie lol. But that's got 50 Cent written all over it. As for Tariq, I've seen that theory before and I could see it, but I could see Tasha doing it as well. But 50 did say that the show was THANKFULLY going back to the old intro. Why fix something that's not broke?

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I've started watching GoT. Halfway through season 1 and I'm really intrigued by the Wall. Not so much the other stuff.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
@JoeyFlex5
-I'm now convinced that it'll be Tariq who'll take out Tommy for good.
-Speaking of his bitch ass (Tariq), I get this feeling that he's gonna get that girl pregnant.
-I'll be FUCKING SHOCKED if Dre survives the next episode.
-Tommy is spoiling LaKeisha too much too soon. Not a good look.
-To me, it's gonna go one of three ways for Ghost by season's end: dead, in jail, or leaves town forever.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
its not unbearably poor acting. the lead character and one of the 3 secondary characters are really good actors. but there are 2 secondary characters that are pretty average with occasional bad moments. beyond that its all pretty regular. acting is really no worse than sons of anarchy for example, its more than bearable but the occasional cringe moment every couple of episodes.

really though you get gripped up in the story pretty easy and you dont pay much mind to the acting, its a really heavy hitting crime drama, really reminiscent of breaking bad imo.

I think Ghost is the best actor on the show. Some scenes people play off each other well and others you're left waiting them to cut. I was rewatching season 5 and realized they were finally starting to get a little flow. The acting is what it is but there are just little things now I appreciate that they couldn't pull off before. They started adding more humor to the show and I think the show has benefited from it. Tariq is still a little shit, but he's at least tolerable now.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
@JoeyFlex5
-I'm now convinced that it'll be Tariq who'll take out Tommy for good.
-Speaking of his [profanity deleted] ass (Tariq), I get this feeling that he's gonna get that girl pregnant.
-I'll be FUCKING SHOCKED if Dre survives the next episode.
-Tommy is spoiling LaKeisha too much too soon. Not a good look.
-To me, it's gonna go one of three ways for Ghost by season's end: dead, in jail, or leaves town forever.

It's crazy to me that everyone is pissed at Ghost. His bitch wife had the nerve to say he's to blame for Reina, but in the very first episode this man is saying he wants out the game. She proceeds to shit on his dreams. Tommy's mad about his dad but his pops was a goddam snitch and Tommy had him murder his friend in season one. I always wonder why some of this shit never seems to be addressed on the show.

I agree with Riq. I think he's starting to understand how and why his dad moves the way he does. He might be the one to get Tommy.

Also think that Silver is alive.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
It's crazy to me that everyone is pissed at Ghost. His [profanity deleted] wife had the nerve to say he's to blame for Reina, but in the very first episode this man is saying he wants out the game. She proceeds to shit on his dreams. Tommy's mad about his dad but his pops was a goddam snitch and Tommy had him murder his friend in season one. I always wonder why some of this shit never seems to be addressed on the show.

I agree with Riq. I think he's starting to understand how and why his dad moves the way he does. He might be the one to get Tommy.

Also think that Silver is alive.
Fuck Tasha, but damn she's fine. It's Tariq to blame but she don't want to talk about that. I think with Riq, he'll always resent his dad but I think they'll reunite before the end of the show.

Ain't no way Silver's dead. They haven't shown the body. On a random note, Spanky is lowkey hilarious.
-Spanky: "What did you get on the SAT?"
-Other guy (forgot his name): "2275."
-Spanky: "Oh shit, it's like that?"

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Honestly, outside of one part that had me like "DAYUMMMM," this episode of Power was just.......meh.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Honestly, outside of one part that had me like "DAYUMMMM," this episode of Power was just.......meh.
Shiddd I thought this episode was great. I was disappointed so far in this season but this one felt like it’s becoming a real turning point. I LOVE this new thing they’re doing where Angie’s ghost is haunting... ghost. All this new inner conflict with ghost is great too. Feels like they’re adding a ton of depth to the show that I didn’t know they were capable of, not to mention all this inner conflict with ghost trying to do right is clearly gonna set up a whole shitstorm later on.

Plus with Dre being back In the fold everything feels ten times more dramatic, you never know what that shitbag might do, he’s a grimey snake mf but goddamn if he isn’t just about the best character on the show, he’s like littlefinger from GoT, plays every side of the fence to move forward little at a time right now, but all the moves are always leading to a bigger endgame and we never seem to know what that endgame is.

and proctor just went dark, really didn’t expect that, he pulled a Walter white big time there, like almost the exact same situation

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Shiddd I thought this episode was great. I was disappointed so far in this season but this one felt like it’s becoming a real turning point. I LOVE this new thing they’re doing where Angie’s ghost is haunting... ghost. All this new inner conflict with ghost is great too. Feels like they’re adding a ton of depth to the show that I didn’t know they were capable of, not to mention all this inner conflict with ghost trying to do right is clearly gonna set up a whole shitstorm later on.

Plus with Dre being back In the fold everything feels ten times more dramatic, you never know what that shitbag might do, he’s a grimey snake mf but goddamn if he isn’t just about the best character on the show, he’s like littlefinger from GoT, plays every side of the fence to move forward little at a time right now, but all the moves are always leading to a bigger endgame and we never seem to know what that endgame is.

and proctor just went dark, really didn’t expect that, he pulled a Walter white big time there, like almost the exact same situation
-This episode was definitely better. I agree about the inner Ghost thing and I kinda agree with Angie at the very ending.
-I also feel like Ghost is gonna do something to Tasha's "new man."
-Fuck Dre, but characters like him make the show work.
-I'm just going off a tangent, but Spanky is like literally the only character not named Ghost who I'm actively rooting for to NOT DIE lol.
-Proctor may have saved himself with how that scene transpired if the unicorn caught the entire convo.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
-This episode was definitely better. I agree about the inner Ghost thing and I kinda agree with Angie at the very ending.
-I also feel like Ghost is gonna do something to Tasha's "new man."
-[profanity deleted] Dre, but characters like him make the show work.
-I'm just going off a tangent, but Spanky is like literally the only character not named Ghost who I'm actively rooting for to NOT DIE lol.
-Proctor may have saved himself with how that scene transpired if the unicorn caught the entire convo.
idk man, he said I won’t let you take my little girl, and he might have some questionable prints in there with the letter and all. I think proctors in big trouble

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
idk man, he said I won’t let you take my little girl, and he might have some questionable prints in there with the letter and all. I think proctors in big trouble
But if I recall, I think he asked her how many pills did she take, but he said it in a shocked kind of tone so who knows.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
But if I recall, I think he asked her how many pills did she take, but he said it in a shocked kind of tone so who knows.
yeah how many grams were in that bag and bla bla, but the police would’ve known she was on drugs regardless, but she was asking him to call 911 before she died and he said out loud that he’s not letting her take his little girl, so it’s basically negligent homicide, at least for a guy like saxe who wants to take proctor down, that’s how he’s gonna pursue the charges, and that recording is gonna help saxes case a lot