• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

What Are Your Favorite TV Shows?

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Now watching the current season of 'Homeland'. Also watched 'Hunters' and watching 'Counterpart', on Amazon Prime. Love Homeland and beginning to really like Counterpart.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Best tv characters of all time?
For me it’s:
1. Omar little
2. Tyrion Lannister
3. Walter white
4. Jimmy mcnulty
5. Tony soprano

admittedly, I only watched the sopranos once, the others I’ve watched at least 3 times start to finish, so I haven’t seen the brilliance the same way I have with the others.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
For me it’s:
1. Omar little
2. Tyrion Lannister
3. Walter white
4. Jimmy mcnulty
5. Tony soprano

admittedly, I only watched the sopranos once, the others I’ve watched at least 3 times start to finish, so I haven’t seen the brilliance the same way I have with the others.
For me McNulty isn't the second best character in The Wire. Stringer is better and I like Prop Joe more, probably Bubbles, too.
High on the list for me would be Al Swearengen, Walter Bishop and Boyd Crowder (few other really good ones in Justified - very underrated show).

rossihunter2

Staff Member
For me it’s:
1. Omar little
2. Tyrion Lannister
3. Walter white
4. Jimmy mcnulty
5. Tony soprano

a modern classic who might be regarded in the future as one of the best of all time: Villanelle from Killing Eve

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
For me McNulty isn't the second best character in The Wire. Stringer is better and I like Prop Joe more, probably Bubbles, too.
High on the list for me would be Al Swearengen, Walter Bishop and Boyd Crowder (few other really good ones in Justified - very underrated show).
I wanted to watch justified back in the day but never started it, but the 2 main actors in it are excellent.

I definitely loved prop joe but he was kinda 1 dimensional, stringer bell was certainly a top notch character but he was too cold and ruthless and just had no redeeming qualities, and it makes it even worse that he was a hack job and wannabe.

mcnulty was a super complex character who in all respects was a total dickhead and shouldn’t have been likable, but god damn every time he fucked somebody over, or got on his high horse and told somebody off it put a huge smile on my face, and he was the 2nd best police on the show after Lester but hands down the most passionate and the one who truly cared about putting the bad guys away more than anyone, and he was just so damn entertaining and so well acted and scripted, all his one liners and his interactions with bunk and his constant “the fuck did I do?” Moments. He was just an endless supply of great moments for me

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
So other from finishing Tiger King, these are the shows I currently watch:

-SVU
-Chicago P.D.
-S.W.A.T.
-How to Get Away with Murder

Anyone watch any of these shows?

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Clone Wars Season 7 so far...

The second arc was a bit slow, but still enjoyable. Would have been much better in a longer season, but whatever. The first episode of the last arc was great. Overall I'm very excited for the ending.

• Opening with the original Star Wars theme,
a-surprise-to-be-sure-gif-1.gif

• Grievous is looking bad ass in that 1 second cameo
  • Plo Koon and Aayla Secura's appearances in the intro. We're in the endgame now
  • The Yerbana battle was awesome
  • A little disappointed that Rex wasn't the one who called Anakin and Obi Wan back to see Ahsoka, but it was still a nice moment with Yularen
  • What did Anakin do to Ahsoka's lightsabers? Why are they blue? Did he put new crystals in, which is why they turned blue?
  • I'm hoping we find out more about why Palpatine let Maul live.
  • Rook Kast looks a lot like an older Sabine. Thought she was her mother until Ursa was mentioned later
  • About time Rex got promoted to commander
  • Another cool clone gets introduced and killed off, rip Vaughn
  • How many named clones are left (not including commanders or captains)? Is it just Kix and Jesse? I've read that Kix is the last surviving clone, so I know he's good. I'm just hoping Jesse doesn't die in this arc.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Been watching some B99 clips on YouTube. Is it worth getting into for all 7 seasons?
Yes. I personally think there's a bit of a drop off after season 5, but the last 2 seasons are still funny.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Oh my god, this was awesome. I loved the fight between Ahsoka and Maul. I saw some people on reddit saying they were going to release this last story line as a movie, and I can see that happening based on how the first 2 episodes have been laid out.

Quick thoughts:
  • Dooku is dead, Obi Wan is going to Utapau, and Anakin has been given his special assignment. I have a really bad feeling we're getting closer to Order 66
  • Who was on the ship that was waiting for Maul?
  • I can't see a scar on Rex's head, so when does he remove his chip?
  • Interesting that Maul's goal was to kill Anakin to disrupt Palpatine's plan. I was thinking his motive would be to kill Obi Wan
  • Why could Maul sense that Anakin was Palpatine's future apprentice, but Dooku couldn't? Maul said something about the dark side being strong, so it would've made sense for Dooku sense it as well. Maybe he wouldn't have gotten his head cut off
  • I don't know if I'm going to be able to handle Order 66 after this. It depresses me just thinking about it again

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'll tell you the one show we really enjoyed was this Canadian one called the Schitt's Creek! Hilarious and fun. Other than that Bosch, Homeland, Peaky Blinders, Billions and now watching Space Force....