• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

What Are Your Favorite TV Shows?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Maybe it's because these are the only seasons I've seen live, but season 6 and 7 (halfway through the opener) of B99 are giving me different vibes than the first 5. I don't know how to explain it, but something feels different.

i havent watched the season 7 premiere so no spoilers plz but i wonder if its a slightly different tone that they can be a bit ruder (like they're allowed some censored fucks etc. that they werent allowed on fox)

idk i wont speculate further til i see the new episode

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
i havent watched the season 7 premiere so no spoilers plz but i wonder if its a slightly different tone that they can be a bit ruder (like they're allowed some censored fucks etc. that they werent allowed on fox)

idk i wont speculate further til i see the new episode
No spoilers, but you might be right about the tone. The pacing also seems a bit faster.

I could also be seeing things because I binged the first 5 before starting season 6 as it came out. Maybe coincidence.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
@redrum52 @JoeyFlex5

In all likelihood, the ending of Power won't change from what was shown in the leaked episodes. HOWEVER, if THIS is how Power ends, instead of giving it a 0/10, it immediately goes up to 11/10.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
these “final episodes” were trash, it was a thirteen reasons why plot where the shit already happened but they leave out bits and pieces so to not reveal what already happened, it worked for a show like thirteen reasons why but it doesn’t work for this.

then there were incredibly sloppy plot inconsistencies, like the tommy Tasha scene, it was the same event, yet 2 entirely different scenes, in back to back episodes, they show tommy confronting Tasha about lakeisha, holding the gun to her, having a talk and backing off, yet they were different conversations, and in one scene tommy had the gun to the back of her head as she faced out the window and he just let the gun down and left, in the second scene she was in the living room on her knees and tommy said “your kids deserve better” before lowering the gun. Holy shit that was sloppy.

I hated how they turned ghost into this unforgivable selfish egomaniac fucking monster, and then they flipped the script in the last episode, and showed the same conversations but in full, and had ghost dropping truth bombs on EVERYONE and you realize ghost wasn’t that monster, he wanted to go legit from the start, everyone in his life made it impossible to do so, and he had every right to disown Tasha, he had every right to make Tariq own up to it, he had every right to tell tommy to fuck off and handle his own drama, he was right all along, and while ghost was selfish at the start by getting back with Angie, the only good guys in the entire series were actually ghost and Angie, as ghost wanted to go clean and bring everyone into the legit money with him and they all dragged him down, and Angie was willing to do ANYTHING to clean up the lingering mess around everyone so they could all walk. Literally everyone in the show aside from those 2 were the bad guys, and that was the biggest plot twist to me. That is literally the only positive I have. I’m glad they shined a light on Tasha and her stuck in the hood mentality and how she was one of the main drivers behind all the bullshit happening, and I was glad she started to get shit on, but damn I thought they did her way too dirty with the cornrows and orange jumpsuit, that was pretty dark.

overall, eliminate the final season and power is a 7/10 show, -1 for going with street cred over quality acting, another -1 for being too unrealistic at times, another -1 for sloppy plot inconsistencies. Great show for what it was, and the only new show that was able to grab my attention after I got caught up on GoT back in 2016. I just expect shit final seasons at this point, now show is ever able to finish strong. Breaking bad and Sons remain the only shows to finish strong.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
these “final episodes” were trash, it was a thirteen reasons why plot where the shit already happened but they leave out bits and pieces so to not reveal what already happened, it worked for a show like thirteen reasons why but it doesn’t work for this.

then there were incredibly sloppy plot inconsistencies, like the tommy Tasha scene, it was the same event, yet 2 entirely different scenes, in back to back episodes, they show tommy confronting Tasha about lakeisha, holding the gun to her, having a talk and backing off, yet they were different conversations, and in one scene tommy had the gun to the back of her head as she faced out the window and he just let the gun down and left, in the second scene she was in the living room on her knees and tommy said “your kids deserve better” before lowering the gun. Holy shit that was sloppy.

I hated how they turned ghost into this unforgivable selfish egomaniac fucking monster, and then they flipped the script in the last episode, and showed the same conversations but in full, and had ghost dropping truth bombs on EVERYONE and you realize ghost wasn’t that monster, he wanted to go legit from the start, everyone in his life made it impossible to do so, and he had every right to disown Tasha, he had every right to make Tariq own up to it, he had every right to tell tommy to fuck off and handle his own drama, he was right all along, and while ghost was selfish at the start by getting back with Angie, the only good guys in the entire series were actually ghost and Angie, as ghost wanted to go clean and bring everyone into the legit money with him and they all dragged him down, and Angie was willing to do ANYTHING to clean up the lingering mess around everyone so they could all walk. Literally everyone in the show aside from those 2 were the bad guys, and that was the biggest plot twist to me. That is literally the only positive I have. I’m glad they shined a light on Tasha and her stuck in the hood mentality and how she was one of the main drivers behind all the bullshit happening, and I was glad she started to get shit on, but damn I thought they did her way too dirty with the cornrows and orange jumpsuit, that was pretty dark.

overall, eliminate the final season and power is a 7/10 show, -1 for going with street cred over quality acting, another -1 for being too unrealistic at times, another -1 for sloppy plot inconsistencies. Great show for what it was, and the only new show that was able to grab my attention after I got caught up on GoT back in 2016. I just expect shit final seasons at this point, now show is ever able to finish strong. Breaking bad and Sons remain the only shows to finish strong.
Spot on. Ngl, that was kinda cold yet savage for Ghost to only pay Tasha's mom's rent for a year and that's it. As with Ghost being the egotistical "no one will stop me" SOB, that shit was hilarious in the way that he said it to the others but I knew it'd be his downfall. I didn't mind Paz's episode as much as others. Fuck Dre, glad he got GOT like Kane in the inferno match. Fuck Tate and that's the bottom line.

So what do you guys think about the confirmed spinoffs?
-Power Book 2: will watch*
-Power Book 3: will consider
-Power Book 4: will watch*
-Power Book 5: WILL FUCKING WATCH

* = IF AND ONLY IF I find out Tariq AND Tate either die or end up in jail
CC: @redrum52

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Dunno if this would interest any of y’all, but I just watched Lil Dickys show, and it was pretty decent, I laughed pretty hard a few times and you can already tell it’s an actual decent story

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
@rossihunter2 don't know how badly you want to see the 1st episode of season 7, but...

(Also, I checked the post and didn't see any spoilers.)

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

50_550x550_Front_Color-White.jpg

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Ahsoka is going to be in Mandalorian season 2! Rosario Dawson cast as Ahsoka. Maybe they do what they did with Maul in Solo, where Dawson plays the live action Ahsoka, but Ashley Eckstein does the voice?

@rossihunter2 what do you think?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Ahsoka is going to be in Mandalorian season 2! Rosario Dawson cast as Ahsoka. Maybe they do what they did with Maul in Solo, where Dawson plays the live action Ahsoka, but Ashley Eckstein does the voice?

@rossihunter2 what do you think?

idk how i feel about that - rosario dawson has wanted to play it for ages but idk why it couldnt be ashley eckstein...

but no way they dub rosario dawson if she is in fact cast so its either a silent role (which would be a waste) or we're getting dawson's voice

it seems odd given that dave filoni is a producer on the show that anyone but ashley eckstein would play the role though...

in terms of maul that's not specific to solo - he's always been dubbed - ray parks played him physically in phantom menace but the voice was peter serafinowicz, then sam witwer did the voice in the clone wars and rebels, and then they brought ray parks back for solo with sam witwer's voice - there's more precedent for that character to be realised like that whereas ahsoka has always been ashley eckstein and honestly should stay that way

but generally id never thought id be in the place i am right now after episode ix which is a place of apathy with regards to star wars - something that i have loved my whole life and now im just not interested in their side projects right now - and i especially need to see star wars not become like the MCU - so it worries me that kevin feige is developing a movie and that rian johnson's trilogy still hasnt had any updates (maybe not happening idk)

at this point i think it doesnt even matter what the subject matter is, i just need to see creatives i trust or fresh voices come into star wars because i see it going stale if they carry on as they will

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
idk how i feel about that - rosario dawson has wanted to play it for ages but idk why it couldnt be ashley eckstein...

but no way they dub rosario dawson if she is in fact cast so its either a silent role (which would be a waste) or we're getting dawson's voice

it seems odd given that dave filoni is a producer on the show that anyone but ashley eckstein would play the role though...

in terms of maul that's not specific to solo - he's always been dubbed - ray parks played him physically in phantom menace but the voice was peter serafinowicz, then sam witwer did the voice in the clone wars and rebels, and then they brought ray parks back for solo with sam witwer's voice - there's more precedent for that character to be realised like that whereas ahsoka has always been ashley eckstein and honestly should stay that way

but generally id never thought id be in the place i am right now after episode ix which is a place of apathy with regards to star wars - something that i have loved my whole life and now im just not interested in their side projects right now - and i especially need to see star wars not become like the MCU - so it worries me that kevin feige is developing a movie and that rian johnson's trilogy still hasnt had any updates (maybe not happening idk)

at this point i think it doesnt even matter what the subject matter is, i just need to see creatives i trust or fresh voices come into star wars because i see it going stale if they carry on as they will
I didn't realize Maul was dubbed in Phantom Menace, but it was cool when I found out Witwer did the voice for Solo.

It's gonna be a bummer if they don't use Eckstein's voice, but I'll hold out some hope that Filoni gets her involved somehow. I also don't want Ahsoka to only appear in one episode like a lot of the other characters in the Mandalorian so far. That would also be a letdown.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I didn't realize Maul was dubbed in Phantom Menace, but it was cool when I found out Witwer did the voice for Solo.

It's gonna be a bummer if they don't use Eckstein's voice, but I'll hold out some hope that Filoni gets her involved somehow. I also don't want Ahsoka to only appear in one episode like a lot of the other characters in the Mandalorian so far. That would also be a letdown.

idk - the timing is a little odd in the timeline - im assuming it has to come after she reappears to sabine in rebels (in the finale) but before whatever the next animated series does (given that it's apparently going to be about sabine and ahsoka - im assuming going to find ezra) but maybe that series doesnt happen anymore idk