• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Training Camp

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
So with Branden Albert reportedly wanting to un-retire, and the Jags reportedly not wanting him back... he could be on the market.

I dont know how it would fit or how youd make it work to get your 5 best lineman out there (Stanley, Lewis, Yanda, Howard, Albert) at that point.... but hes probably better than Howard, and almost definitely better than Jensen.

My question isnt whether or not you'd be interested - but if we got him, how would you make it work to get our best OL out there?

I was thinking we could toy with idea of Albert. He is better than Howard. However his motivation isn't there unless he got a big raise. Which I would give him on incentive laced contract. Probably not gonna trade for him but he would be quite an addition. Something however to at least consider. Especially if Howard struggles.

I'm not completely sold on Howard. He struggled last year and 350 lb lineman don't get better with age. Coming to ravens could energize Alberts motivation being that he is from Maryland. Ravens likely are not going to even consider trading for him yet. But if the OLine struggles this preseason. And if Howard is a culprit of getting the QB pummeled. Then Albert would probably be somebody team considers for a trade. Stanley and a motivated Albert would be one of the best tackle tandems.

ZonaRaven

Practice Squad
I was thinking we could toy with idea of Albert. He is better than Howard. However his motivation isn't there unless he got a big raise. Which I would give him on incentive laced contract. Probably not gonna trade for him but he would be quite an addition. Something however to at least consider. Especially if Howard struggles.

I'm not completely sold on Howard. He struggled last year and 350 lb lineman don't get better with age. Coming to ravens could energize Alberts motivation being that he is from Maryland. Ravens likely are not going to even consider trading for him yet. But if the OLine struggles this preseason. And if Howard is a culprit of getting the QB pummeled. Then Albert would probably be somebody team considers for a trade. Stanley and a motivated Albert would be one of the best tackle tandems.

I almost posted something about this a few days ago when the news broke about Albert retiring. I think back to when the Ravens, Dolphins, and Cardinals needed a LT desperately and while it sucks we didn't go Veldheer at the time, at least we signed Monroe who ultimately was a POS and allowed us to get Stanley when the time came. Albert is a money chasing bum who is far too injured and his head/priorities aren't even remotely close to being in the right place. I would want nothing to do with him.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I really like that our UDFA are pushing for a spot. There seems to be more this year than last year and the year before. Some "next man up" would do us wonders.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I find it funny we traded them another center they eventually didn't keep on the roster. First it was Nick Easton, now Jeremy Zuttah.

New regime, same tricks.