• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2020 Offseason Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
AAAYYYYOOOOOOO
DD2E332F-6C4C-41DF-AF08-2ED19BFD138D.jpeg

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
just catching up - lots has been said about many players doing well this camp including proche and queen as rookies and obviously hollywood and lamar etc.

but dobbins has been the star of this camp - i dont want to say it too loud just in case its just getting drawn in by training camp stuff but i think we might have found something special in dobbins
Yeah after I calmed down from the shock of drafting a rb, I figured that decosta must be dead certain that dobbins is an absolute star, because that was a bold draft pick considering the edge and WR available at the time.

and when I dug deep on dobbins film, I was pretty convinced we had something special, especially since the narrative on his skill set was all wrong.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah after I calmed down from the shock of drafting a rb, I figured that decosta must be dead certain that dobbins is an absolute star, because that was a bold draft pick considering the edge and WR available at the time.

and when I dug deep on dobbins film, I was pretty convinced we had something special, especially since the narrative on his skill set was all wrong.

just watching him in the individual drills has been exciting

Simba

Staff Member

I don't think I was expecting the elusiveness that I've seen in the limited clips that have been out there so far. I know he graded out well in college in that area but he's much more slippery than I had anticipated.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I don't think I was expecting the elusiveness that I've seen in the limited clips that have been out there so far. I know he graded out well in college in that area but he's much more slippery than I had anticipated.

he's always been great in the open field but that slipperiness in tighter areas was the one criticism that i saw a lot - that he might not be great at the contact point which i didnt see on film but was levied at him a lot

there's a reason EDC said they thought he was a 1st rounder and that it made their decision easy when he made it to us

redrum52

Hall of Famer
just catching up - lots has been said about many players doing well this camp including proche and queen as rookies and obviously hollywood and lamar etc.

but dobbins has been the star of this camp - i dont want to say it too loud just in case its just getting drawn in by training camp stuff but i think we might have found something special in dobbins

One of the steals of the draft. No way in hell did I think we'd have a shot at him in the 2nd. I hate Ohio State, but truly think he'll be a star for us.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Idk man he was always super elusive, but I think a better description would be explosive, just all around, he’s explosive in every motion.

Simba

Staff Member
Maybe it's just me that's a bit out of it because of the whole no preseason thing, but there's less than 2 weeks until cutdown day at this point. Doesn't feel like it should be that soon.