• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Joe Flacco

Tank

Hall of Famer
Thanks. I remember when Lowenstein would split with Gary Roenicke (sp)
Regardless of the joke, I’m sure Flacco is planning on getting together with Crab and Brown when the can. The idea that he doesn’t work hard, or that he doesn’t work with his receivers is nothing more than a myth.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
He said that at owners meetings breakfast presser. I'm sure he said that to Flacco, too - they both are on notice, must try everything they can.

It's do-or-die for Harbaugh, at this point. If they fail to make the playoffs, once again, then I'd imagine he's gone after the season unless there's another barrage of injuries that can be used as an excuse.

Also, if Harbaugh goes then Flacco's time will most likely be nearing its end, as well (new coach will want to start fresh, most likely). It's on both Harbaugh and Flacco to do whatever it takes to get this team back to the playoffs.

It's do-or-die for Harbaugh, at this point. If they fail to make the playoffs, once again, then I'd imagine he's gone after the season unless there's another barrage of injuries that can be used as an excuse.

Also, if Harbaugh goes then Flacco's time will most likely be nearing its end, as well (new coach will want to start fresh, most likely). It's on both Harbaugh and Flacco to do whatever it takes to get this team back to the playoffs.
Harbaugh seems to be a good coach. I like him.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

its gonna be real tough for us to make the playoffs this season.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
It's always tough for us to make the playoffs; why would this season be any different? That being said, I'll wait for the draft before making any judgments.
steelers own us,we cant seem to sweep bengals and we struggle with browns. Now that browns are basically 3x better already, those games are gonna be even harder

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
im not people. They won 0 games last year. With the offseason moves theyre automatically better

Our WR corps is already better than it was last year. If we address the lingering O-line issues through the draft then we could actually have a really solid offense.

Also, we no longer have to worry about Pees blowing 4th quarter leads and I'm excited to see what Wink does. Our defense could end up becoming even better now that they don't have to worry about over-complicated schemes all the time.

This team has some potential so I wouldn't write them off already....

jboy19

Pro Bowler
The reason that the Browns are constantly down is because of too much change. We should be thankful to have an owner that isn't flipping the script every other year- whether at GM, Coach or QB. Any one of their recent coaches probably could have had more success with a little more stability. All the draft picks and FA signings in the world are unlikely to overcome that lack of stability.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The reason that the Browns are constantly down is because of too much change. We should be thankful to have an owner that isn't flipping the script every other year- whether at GM, Coach or QB. Any one of their recent coaches probably could have had more success with a little more stability. All the draft picks and FA signings in the world are unlikely to overcome that lack of stability.

an underrated issue that keeps them down is that they keep changing coaching staffs which means they keep changing systems which means those players that they had may no longer be a scheme fit - look at danny shelton - a key reason for why the browns run defence was so good at times last year but he's not a scheme fit in gregg williams defence so they traded him away - and you know what's crazy - if the browns dont improve significantly this year then hue jackson's gone and i bet you that means gregg williams goes too...

jboy19

Pro Bowler
an underrated issue that keeps them down is that they keep changing coaching staffs which means they keep changing systems which means those players that they had may no longer be a scheme fit - look at danny shelton - a key reason for why the browns run defence was so good at times last year but he's not a scheme fit in gregg williams defence so they traded him away - and you know what's crazy - if the browns dont improve significantly this year then hue jackson's gone and i bet you that means gregg williams goes too...

You're definitely right. The longest tenured Cleveland Brown is Josh Gordon. That is sad.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Our WR corps is already better than it was last year. If we address the lingering O-line issues through the draft then we could actually have a really solid offense.

Also, we no longer have to worry about Pees blowing 4th quarter leads and I'm excited to see what Wink does. Our defense could end up becoming even better now that they don't have to worry about over-complicated schemes all the time.

This team has some potential so I wouldn't write them off already....
i agree with the defense part! but so many teams have gotten better in afc so right now im not really sold on our team

JAAM

Hall of Famer

jboy19

Pro Bowler
A 10 year vet needs a little push from the head coach to get on the same page as his new WRs lol. This is some rookie/sophomore year type BS right here. This just rubs me the wrong way

I remember he did say he was going to schedule stuff last offseason but I'm not sure if he ever did. It's not as common of a thing around the league as people seem to think. I know Manning/Brady/Wentz have done it, not really sure about any others though.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I remember he did say he was going to schedule stuff last offseason but I'm not sure if he ever did. It's not as common of a thing around the league as people seem to think. I know Manning/Brady/Wentz have done it, not really sure about any others though.
Mark Sanchez!

Pretty sure Brees does a lot of that, too.