• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Joe Flacco

Tank

Hall of Famer
Remember the end of year slide in our Championship Year? We lost 4 out of 5, but got healthy for the playoffs and we put the Big McKinnie at Left Tackle and that was all she wrote! Champions!

Ok, so they dissed the Big McKinnie for Monroe and some DID NOT like that move. No...Some did not like it at all and took our brass to task. But before Monroe, we played the Redskins and they had RG3 in his best form. They was ballin and we met up with them in a big game. They beat us, those Damn Redskins, but before that game was over, you remember what happened don't you?........I'm testing you all....what happened?

Well, you don't remember, because I am the only Real Raven Fan here. Sick to death with our brass but still the most knowledgeable and accurate prognosticator that has ever hit a Raven's chat board...>EVER. No brag, just fact.

Now our second to last lynchpin lined RG3 up and tackled him on a scramble but it wasn't the tackle....it was 5,000 torque pounds of flying Samoan leg whip catching RG3 behind the knee. They won somehow but when RG3 played later on his leg collapsed and he's never been the same. Nerfed by the Flyin Tank!

But one thing our front office never forgets is the guys that beat em. If you can't beat em Join em!!!

Just a couple of facts for you “only real Ravens fan”.........

Ravens actually signed McKinnie to a two year deal in 2013, and when he reverted back to being “Cheeseburger” he was traded to the fins for next to nothing. He sucked bad in Miami and retired that year.

In the 2012 game where Griffin was injured, Haloti barely grazed Griffin. It was kind of a freak play where Bob3’s leg whipped in an awkward manner. At the time that happened(minute and a half left in the game) the Good Guys were up by 7. Captain Kirk came in and led the skins to the win. So sorry, wrong again, Bob3 had zero to do with that loss.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

Ravens actually signed McKinnie to a two year deal in 2013, and when he reverted back to being “Cheeseburger” he was traded to the fins for next to nothing. He sucked bad in Miami and retired that year.

In the 2012 game where Griffin was injured, Haloti barely grazed Griffin. It was kind of a freak play where Bob3’s leg whipped in an awkward manner. At the time that happened(minute and a half left in the game) the Good Guys were up by 7. Captain Kirk came in and led the skins to the win. So sorry, wrong again, Bob3 had zero to do with that loss.
Why do you call him Bob3?

RayRayRaven

Veteran
Tank,

I think you remember some of it. But not all of it. This Raven NEVER FORGETS. That's a curse though. It makes one well aware of how badly our decision makers have let us down.

You see, RGKnee had established the game winning drive and outplayed Flacco on stats. (Imagine that). Yeah it was Ngata that made the injury tackle. But RGKnee drove them down and though its true Cousins administered the Coup de Grace, it was only after RGKnee came out later, well after the injury. He did not immediately leave the game. Cousins only threw 1 or 2 passes. He did throw for their TD at the end of the drive and they chumped our coaching staff by stickin to the RGKnee game plan when our Honchos least expected it. Cousins ran for the two pointer. Our Management get chumped way too often. (Well usually, they Chump themselves).

Morris gashed us, Rice played like the stud he was.

Guess that covers it, cept we won it all. But you knew that team was good. McKinnie at LT, Lewis back to read plays, Flacco in the Zone for 4 games. But there were STUDS on that team. Now we have Duds.

STUDS vs DUDS

But I do like the name RGKnee, can't take credit for that one though

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

That's not exactly what happened. He didn't barely graze him, but he only came out for a couple plays and then RG3 came back in and got them within striking distance before he had to go out of the game again. Cousins ended scoring the TD and 2 Pt conversion to tie it up. Then the punt return in OT put them in fg range.

Tank

Hall of Famer
That's not exactly what happened. He didn't barely graze him, but he only came out for a couple plays and then RG3 came back in and got them within striking distance before he had to go out of the game again. Cousins ended scoring the TD and 2 Pt conversion to tie it up. Then the punt return in OT put them in fg range.
Lol.....he hit his thigh while Bob was falling. Had he hit him full on Bob may have been killed!

I also seem to remember a controversial call at the end on a fumble recovery by David Reed(dumb ass). All in all it was a poor game for the Good Guys and kept with the theme during that stretch. Regardless they ended up Super Bowl Champions and the skins were not.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Lol.....he hit his thigh while Bob was falling. Had he hit him full on Bob may have been killed!

I also seem to remember a controversial call at the end on a fumble recovery by David Reed(dumb ass). All in all it was a poor game for the Good Guys and kept with the theme during that stretch. Regardless they ended up Super Bowl Champions and the skins were not.
Skins were on a tear at that point. Turned out to be a poor game for both teams ams yes the good guys won the Sb

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I'm glad the fans don't run this team
1. Kaepernick is in the process of suing the NFL. He's suing the NFL because the teams are supposedly black listing him.. Ironically giving them incentive to actually blacklist him.. Tell me, why would you employ someone who was suing you?
2. Kaepernick was demanding starting money. He'd be a good backup, but nothing more. He's. Not. Worth. The. Starting. QB. Rate. His run was even more flukish than Flacco's and he was shit afterwards. "But he had decent statistics during Chip Kelly". Two responses to that. Garbage time and shitty teams. Good fantasy QB, not a franchise guy. Lebron is fighting for the same causes but you don't hear a peep from him in Cleveland.
3. RGKnee was a much better QB when healthy and is coming for a literal fracture of the knee of the cost. For a team strapped for cash.. Tell me. What would you prefer.
4. Kaepernick is never getting a job again. Sure, the protests have something to do with it.. But it's not the primary reason. That starters salary after willingly asking for a release has killed his market far worse than the knee possibly could. He's a locker room distraction, a liability on the fucking field, and he's demanding a fuckload of money. I could draft a rookie for a fraction of the cost in the third round if I wanted that. He's not "proven". If anything he's far worse than Flacco.

Sorry. There's no reason to complain about the RGIII signing. The contract is dirt cheap by QB standards and it's unlikely to amount to anything anyways. "But he's injury prone". And, we can realease him for literally no penalty.

Besides... If we really want someone else we'll just fail his physical and go get someone else

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I'm glad the fans don't run this team
1. Kaepernick is in the process of suing the NFL. He's suing the NFL because the teams are supposedly black listing him.. Ironically giving them incentive to actually blacklist him.. Tell me, why would you employ someone who was suing you?

He is suing because he knows they won't hire him again.

4. Kaepernick is never getting a job again. Sure, the protests have something to do with it.. But it's not the primary reason. That starters salary after willingly asking for a release has killed his market far worse than the knee possibly could. He's a locker room distraction, a liability on the fucking field, and he's demanding a fuckload of money. I could draft a rookie for a fraction of the cost in the third round if I wanted that. He's not "proven". If anything he's far worse than Flacco.

Protests have everything to do with it. How was he not worth at least Glennon money last year?

Sorry. There's no reason to complain about the RGIII signing.

There is always reason to complain. In this case I'm complaining because of the pointlessness of such a move.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor

Protests have everything to do with it. How was he not worth at least Glennon money last year?

There is always reason to complain. In this case I'm complaining because of the pointlessness of such a move.
Glennon was horribly overpaid by the Bears. Just because one subpar QB got a big contract doesn't mean Kaep automatically should. And yes, shockingly enough, a guy that's a backup at best demanding high tier starter money isn't going to get many offers.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer

Yeah.. And he'll lose. Glennon was a significant overpay and everyone knew it. He just got lucky that the Bears are idiots. Hence, replacing Glennon with cheaper Glennon in the draft(seriously Trubisky is not my favorite). Hell he was overpaid to hell this year. As was Bradford. Stupid teams are going to stupid and sorry. Kaepernick is just worse anyway. That Super Bowl appearance he was good but he never really did anything after that and was completely uninspiring. Despite being in QB friendly Chip Kelly's offense he still platooned with Blaine fucking Gabbert. Honestly, I have no reason to feel sorry for him, when he voided his contract he did this to himself. Even the fucking niners fans I know agree with me. If Kaep were actually worth a damn, he'd be employed right now.

And this signing isn't pointless. Harbaugh's politican like nature is... well rhetoric but RGKnee is a definitive upgrade over Mallet and we're getting him for slightly cheaper. Again... Who the fuck cares? We draft a rookie, cut RGKnee if he underperforms in camp, and nothing gained nothing lost. If he performs well in camp then boom. Really good backup. It's literally a no risk high reward signing.

RayRayRaven

Veteran
I believe the 49er's beat us in the Championship if they run the option with Kaepernick. Ngata was out and they could have jammed it in. We were fortunate they went pass happy there.

I've liked Kaepernick on his arm and running ability. Though like Flacco, he doesn't appear to read the field well. Still, he was a much better option than RGKnee.

Though I can't hold the protesting against him, its clear the NFL does. That Texan's owner is sorry sad old man.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

I mean to be fair the easiest way to disprove the collusion allegations is for a team to sign him - that’s a pretty good reason to employ him...