• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Joe Flacco

Tank

Hall of Famer
I’ve heard rumor that Joe Flacco sings the Star Spangled Banner the moment his wife births a child.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Same, and often get strange glances. lol
Yep, not question, anywhere outside of the AL East you will get strange glances from people who just don't get it. It's still popular in Nats stadium, but no where near how popular it was when the team first came to down. I like both teams and would love for them both to be able to play in the World Series. MLB would hate it because the ratings wouldn't be good, but I'd love it.

Maybe the Nats could play for control of MASN :-)

Inqui

Pro Bowler
dude the star spangled banner is at least fun to sing

the GB/English national anthem is the most dreary, boring, depressingly dull national anthem in the world and literally demotivates anyone who sings it lol
And that's before you get to the verse about crushing the Scots.

That said, I don't get why standing for and singing the national anthem is a token of how much you love your country. But I really hate pretending obligatory gestures are sincere (and looking at the reaction to Kaepernick it's clear that it's an obligatory gesture). The idea that you don't love your country just because you don't weep and salute during the official song of the land mass on which you were born is nuts.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Back on the topic of Flacco, late last year he turned an offense with Wallace and Moore as the top WRs into one of the top scoring offenses in the league once he got the leg brace off. We nearly put up forty points against the Steelers. If that Flacco shows up from the start of the season (and he should considering that it was the injury and leg brace holding him back), imagine what he can do with Crabtree, Smokey, and Snead. Plus Collins and Dixon from the start of the year.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Back on the topic of Flacco, late last year he turned an offense with Wallace and Moore as the top WRs into one of the top scoring offenses in the league once he got the leg brace off. We nearly put up forty points against the Steelers. If that Flacco shows up from the start of the season (and he should considering that it was the injury and leg brace holding him back), imagine what he can do with Crabtree, Smokey, and Snead. Plus Collins and Dixon from the start of the year.
We played terrible teams and terrible defenses

redrum52

Hall of Famer

Quit being a pessimist. You can only play the teams on your schedule... or at least that's the excuse most use until saying the Pats play a patty cake schedule. Its no surprise we missed the post season with that murderers row last season. No reason not to see 13 wins this year....

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Quit being a pessimist. You can only play the teams on your schedule... or at least that's the excuse most use until saying the Pats play a patty cake schedule. Its no surprise we missed the post season with that murderers row last season. No reason not to see 13 wins this year....
Not only that, but the Steelers played the same teams and only got by with a winning fg at the end.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Steelers were 7th in the league on points allowed (19.2 per game), the Bengals were 16th in scoring defense (21.8 per game). Both cases we scored more than their average. Over twice as much with the Steelers. And then with the Lions, while they're far from great, we still put up 44 points on an NFL defense (almost twice their average per game). Again, with Wallace and Moore as the top WRs.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Steelers were 7th in the league on points allowed (19.2 per game), the Bengals were 16th in scoring defense (21.8 per game). Both cases we scored more than their average. Over twice as much with the Steelers. And then with the Lions, while they're far from great, we still put up 44 points on an NFL defense (almost twice their average per game). Again, with Wallace and Moore as the top WRs.

Do you happen to have our defenses numbers? Maybe a comparison if what teams did against them late in the season. Fellow elite qb Blake Bortles put up 45 I think in a playoff game.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Do you happen to have our defenses numbers? Maybe a comparison if what teams did against them late in the season. Fellow elite qb Blake Bortles put up 45 I think in a playoff game.
Over the course of the year we were 6th in points allowed, 18.9 per game. That said,, quite a few teams scored higher than that against us. Those early shut outs kinda skew how good the defense was throughout the season as a whole. Without the early shut outs, we'd probably be closer to allowing around 21 to 23 a game. Still solid, but not quite as great.

In the Steeler's case, in their last five games of the season they gave up scores of 24, 6, 27, 38 (us), and 20. The Bengals allowed 27 (us), 17, 34, 33 and 23 in their last five. So we did about the average against them in the final stretch. The Lions allowed 11, 26, 10, 21, 44 (Us).

For the Steelers and Lions, we far outscored the other teams that faced them down the stretch. About average agamst the Bengals and Texans' compared to their other opponents during the last handful of games. And below the average against Indy compared to their other final five games.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Lmao

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
and we lost to both lol. Int by flacco in both games.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I remember stanley was the best LT last half of season his rookie year and everyone was hyping that pff stat up.. well that did not carry over into this season. I also remember a year we were the best secondary last half of a season and that also didnt carry over. Im not for the hype, 1 game stats,nor half a season achievements. could flacco come into next season looking better? Maybe, but he has been inconsistent his whole entire career so idk how you guys expect that to change after 8 games

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
and we lost to both lol. Int by flacco in both games.

Let me get this strait. A likely TD pass (or at least inside 5) hits both hands of an open Raven WR, he bobbles it, it goes into the hands of the of the defender and in your world thats on Flacco?!?!?

This post basically is the prime example of why I question your relationship with reality and I think you two need to just talk it out because its clear you and reality are not in same room, or same house, or even same hemisphere.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Let me get this strait. A likely TD pass (or at least inside 5) hits both hands of an open Raven WR, he bobbles it, it goes into the hands of the of the defender and in your world thats on Flacco?!?!?

This post basically is the prime example of why I question your relationship with reality and I think you two need to just talk it out because its clear you and reality are not in same room, or same house, or even same hemisphere.
Lmao that int was throwm directly to the defender vs steelers. Didnt even touch a wr hands

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

He also threw A LOT bad passes vs bengals. I think mostly all his deep balls to wallace were almost int. I think you guys need to face the fact the flacco is what flacco is. A bad qb most of the time

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
He also threw A LOT bad passes vs bengals. I think mostly all his deep balls to wallace were almost int. I think you guys need to face the fact the flacco is what flacco is. A bad qb most of the time

Hmmm so the wind clearly is affecting the throws of both QBs but clearly its Flaccos fault for not having the power to turn off the wind.

Furthermore I like how a QB can dominate a top rated defense and almost hang 40 on them, losing the game only to defense being awful and Maclin not getting his feet in, but somehow the 1 bad throw out of 40 means he is bad most of time.

Its time face the fact that you are not the objective voice of reason you think you arr, you are a hater hunting for reasons to dislike someone. If Flacco went 39-40 for 600 yards you would harp on that one incompletion because thars what you are.